Richez

Jul 2, 2018
Funny enough it isnt a blackscreen if you drop the graphics to the lowest it seems like the MC just clips through the floor after the starting scene and falls endlessly into the void lol ive tried many things to avoid this such as limiting framerate to resolution to graphics settings. The game is great but many small game breaking bugs that require you to roll back to a save. It interesting that it seems that you can get past the black screen in the earlier versions but i havent played before this version myself. Guess we will have to wait for an update to repair this bug but im also curious if anyone has gotten past this issue just by having different system hardware.

Richez

Jul 2, 2018
ok so i have concluded that the character does actually just clip right though the floor and i added a cheatengine tool found through this video here

so it allowed me to enable no-clip before sleeping in the bed which prevented the MC from falling through the floor during the scene i call that a pretty quick fix lol. Have fun yall
Screenshot_4.png

Autarchy

Nov 5, 2017
ok so i have concluded that the character does actually just clip right though the floor and i added a cheatengine tool found through this video here

so it allowed me to enable no-clip before sleeping in the bed which prevented the MC from falling through the floor during the scene i call that a pretty quick fix lol. Have fun yall
View attachment 1728061
Doesn't work for me =/
What you do after activate no-clip to the character stay in place before the fall?

ravnos666

Dec 25, 2020

View attachment 1728061
you need cheat engine

Reactions: Mister66

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
Ok, I have a quick question here. Why go through all of this to enable noclip mode when all you have to do is run Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker?

EDIT: Ok nevermind I see why now. That option is not available through UUU. :(

Last edited:

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
Wow this was allot shorter than I thought. Seems like some content got removed from the videos I saw of this.

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
yes too black screen second dream
Did you turn it on before you slept?
If not the screen is black because you fell below the level.
If you did turn it on before sleeping, then it should have shown you lying on the floor, get up, and everything gets pretty dark except a few lights (that's an issue with no clip mode and moving in this area until you get off of the floor area that makes you fall). You have to very carefully move out of that room. What I mean by that is, with no-clip mode engaged and you hit a key to move, it really moves, like out of bounds in an instant. Just lightly tap the key to get it moving, probably have to keep hitting back to slow it down, until you get to the corner, then you can turn no clip off.

Richez

Jul 2, 2018
yes i had to turn on no-clip just prior to sleeping in the bed if you enable no clip then move to the bed it wont allow you to sleep so stand in front of the bed where it should allow you to sleep then enable no-clip, then sleep when the scene is finished fly to a safe spot in the dream and then disable no-clip and viola youre ready to continue, but nonetheless im pretty confused on how this had gotten so broken in this version maybe the author had made the update and had no idea this would be an impact of the change and hadnt retested the game prior to release. All in all it would be something anyone could miss. would just have to move the spawn node up just a hair to prevent the MC from falling through the floor

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
yes i had to turn on no-clip just prior to sleeping in the bed if you enable no clip then move to the bed it wont allow you to sleep so stand in front of the bed where it should allow you to sleep then enable no-clip, then sleep when the scene is finished fly to a safe spot in the dream and then disable no-clip and viola youre ready to continue, but nonetheless im pretty confused on how this had gotten so broken in this version maybe the author had made the update and had no idea this would be an impact of the change and hadnt retested the game prior to release. All in all it would be something anyone could miss. would just have to move the spawn node up just a hair to prevent the MC from falling through the floor
The problem is that the textures are there which is why you see the floor, but he missed a small area when navmeshing it. Because of that, as soon as the short wake up video is over and control is back to the game, there is no floor there really, just the illusion of it, and you fall.
You are right though, it's an easy to make mistake, happens allot more than most people think. It is hard to believe it wasn't noticed on a final test playthrough before release though. And so close to the end, which means they probably rushed that update and didn't fully test it.
Still it will be an easy fix once they get to it, although I'm still kinda upset (yes I understand Patreon rules sucks) about all the cut content.

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
I don't know what was added but from what I've seen of gameplay footage, I'd say it was probably about removing content like the robbers gangbang and the dog scenes.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes