• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
I'm not too worried about the B/W, it's fine either way. But do let us name the characters. It's super annoying to have these names show up for our MC's, it takes away from the immersion. Thanks!

edit: Seems to have fixed itself near the end.

Last edited:

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Some models are cute. Why Black and White though?
Perhaps the Dev was going for a film noir feel.

Unfortunately the compositions and lighting are not what a cinematographer shooting in B&W and going for a noir feel would use.

Effective B&W photography/renders requires more than simply turning off the colour.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
needs the kinetic tag atm. couldnt make a single choice. and the skip button doesnt work after you click the unseen text option. (tried skipping when i realized there were no choices)

fromabove

Jul 2, 2020
So I played the game, and I'm afraid I have to say that the renders are not the only aspect in which this game fails to capture the film noir aesthetic. The story itself suffers, too;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can only see two ways forward for the dev: either continue this VN in the same style in color, or rework everything he's done so far and come up with a new v0.1 that cuts down on the VN tropes and does a better job of capturing the visual aesthetic of film noir.

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
i like colored version more i like to see the colors, but i think using black and white for some scenes might be interesting depending on what is used for tho
My thoughts exactly, I was thinking use B&W for flashbacks or Dreams.

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
You probably want to read through the thread. The dev put that out to get reactions, and based on those reactions has decided not to make a sandbox through the duration of the game.
Yea I saw that, when I went back to reading where I was before, I clicked on a noti ;)

BoomX

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks again for your feedback. :)

People have spoken COLORED version from now on (705 votes for Colored and 28 for Black & White).
This will give me more time to make one version and make that one better.

The game WON'T be a sandbox. Ever.
I was wrong about the type of games you liked more. I was under the impression that a sandbox is preferred. Guess I was wrong. Another easy decision as I can put more time into the story and rendering.

hobobob01
Is the plan to make any or all of these avoidable?
(As in 'it doesn't happen, player prevents it from happening', and not as in 'you choose not to see it, but it still happens regardless') - (Cheating, Exhibitionism, Futa/Trans, Multiple Penetration, Swinging, Voyeurism).

I plan to offer a choice to the player. You will see what is happening and be offered a choice of what to do.
1. Christian way: You take a moral stand (you don't see the event, don't participate or you prevent the event). Different story or skipped content (depends on the event). If everything goes to plan you will get a different kink for some choices.
2. Sinful way: You get what you signed up for. :)

Based on the choices you won't see that storyline or it will be different. The choices will affect in the long run.

-----

As I am new to developing a game I would like to thank you again for your comments. My major focus in Episode 2 will be the balance between story and fun scenes. My goal is to make the connections between characters, but at the same time, I don't want to let you be "fappless".

Back to work. :)

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks again for your feedback. :)

People have spoken COLORED version from now on (705 votes for Colored and 28 for Black & White).
This will give me more time to make one version and make that one better.

The game WON'T be a sandbox. Ever.
I was wrong about the type of games you liked more. I was under the impression that a sandbox is preferred. Guess I was wrong. Another easy decision as I can put more time into the story and rendering.

hobobob01
Is the plan to make any or all of these avoidable?
(As in 'it doesn't happen, player prevents it from happening', and not as in 'you choose not to see it, but it still happens regardless') - (Cheating, Exhibitionism, Futa/Trans, Multiple Penetration, Swinging, Voyeurism).

I plan to offer a choice to the player. You will see what is happening and be offered a choice of what to do.
1. Christian way: You take a moral stand (you don't see the event, don't participate or you prevent the event). Different story or skipped content (depends on the event). If everything goes to plan you will get a different kink for some choices.
2. Sinful way: You get what you signed up for. :)

Based on the choices you won't see that storyline or it will be different. The choices will affect in the long run.

-----

As I am new to developing a game I would like to thank you again for your comments. My major focus in Episode 2 will be the balance between story and fun scenes. My goal is to make the connections between characters, but at the same time, I don't want to let you be "fappless".

Back to work. :)
I think its great that you are taking into consideration player's feedback. None of this feedback will change the story you want to tell, while it will give you a broader audience.

Sandbox always loses in every poll made, problem is that many Devs are lazy and use sandbvox to extend the gameplay time (it takes longer for you to manually click your way to the next event, even needing to read hints) and use that to artificially extend their game life.

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes