J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Was now also curious about the game. I find the black and white pictures with the color accents actually well done. Maybe it's because I've seen the movies. But it's been a while since then, so many here won't know anything about it.

But: as also already noted, the game is technically not good (the fades with the short twitch of a "Narrator" sucks). Also, unfortunately, there are quite some text errors, too. And then finally the "this year not but maybe later it's a sandbox" - I stopped it.
A little funny: 0 Patrons so far - but the only post on Patreon - about the game demo! - is blocked...

Well, I'll still keep an eye on it, but I'm afraid that we will not see many updates.

Last edited:

BoomX

Aug 30, 2019
Thank you again for your feedback. :)

SANDBOX
Ok, you made it clear. No sandbox ever.

COLORED or BLACK & WHITE
Will make both versions for 0.1 and make a poll to see if it makes sense to create both or one of them for future updates.

The link for the colored version didn't work in my previous post (probably because I didn't have 3 posts then).

Another character in dev C vs BW

BW.png C.png

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Thank you again for your feedback. :)

SANDBOX

COLORED or BLACK & WHITE
Will make both versions for 0.1 and make a poll to see if it makes sense to create both or one of them for future updates.

The link for the colored version didn't work in my previous post (probably because I didn't have 3 posts then).

Here it is again:
Sinful Life [v0.1 Demo] [BoomX] COLORED

Another character in dev C vs BW

View attachment 1188357 View attachment 1188358
Well, the no to sandbox is good.

For the color vs. black&white just by the pictures in your post, I say color is better.

But until the future tags are listed I won't try the game because for me the tags decide if I want to play a game no matter how good the story might be.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Sinful Life [v0.1 Demo-Color] APK -

Reactions: Drall

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Playing caxhub's android port and I'm liking it so far. MC isn't a wuss and there is a definite overarching story for him to progress through.

The LIs are nice looking, especially Scarlett.

Just be aware of your background renders because unless Scarlett's house is rolling down the road, the view from the windows is problematic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also looking forward to see how you implement the trans character. Hopefully it's an actual love interest and not just a "shemale prostitute" type character.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Regarding the black and white, I really like it. It's striking, especially if you put the splashes of colour in other places than just the eyes.

For example one of the girls could have b&w eyes, but colour on her lips. Or another one could have eyeshadow. A third could a have a coloured streak in her hair. That kind of thing.

One could be completely b&w but wears things to add that bit of colour.

The downside is that we don't get to truly appreciate the gorgeous redheads.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the feedback.

Sandbox
Some of you look terrified of this. :) Again this is not planned for this year. I had an idea for a sandbox type of game in the future but the goal is to it be different from other games (no grinding, gamification that is interesting and it complements itself with the story). But again not there yet.

Shemale content
Yes. Totally avoidable.

BW game
A little surprised by that. Mixed feedback. Maybe I will release both versions, will look into that. You can look at the colored version of the demo if you want.

DOWNLOAD
Sinful Life [v0.1 Demo] [BoomX] COLORED
Please, no sandbox. It makes no sense to make sandbox in this kind of games, the only thing is adds is the ability to choose to ignore some content, which can be done with a simple choice.

It doesnt add gameplay to have to click on a map, or shit like that

And please, dont stop doing the coloured version, this isnt a movie where BW could make sense...

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Damn, that's one hot blonde. I feel like I'm going to mostly play with color. Looking forward to seeing how this plays since it's my first time.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I think one of the things that Sin City so unique back in the day, was the choice of colorization, or lack thereof, basically only a few scenes were full colored, and mostly just the important tidbits, like eyes, blood, etc. I am a fan of the noir style overall, so that always fit with me, and the game is obviously based on the movies, so no problems in that department. Sandbox from VN is a nope from me as well, so I'm glad that won't happen.

Reactions: punisher2099

Antzio

Aug 26, 2020
1Go for this ?... Please please, we cant make choice, there is only one little scene with a girl... Work hard

Deleted member 3006697

Game Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Sinful Life [v0.1a] compressed

Color

Original size win/lin:1.06 GB
Compressed size win/lin:193 MB

B/W
Original size win/lin:1.13 GB
Compressed size win/lin: 167 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017
Colour or B/W is debatable, and a matter of preference. But Sandbox is a devil's promise, they are never good, only 5-10% of the time they are implemented well enough. Sandbox breaks the pacing of the narrative, adds grind and excessive navigation/point-to-click, makes it difficult to play without a walkthrough, and is just an all around ball-buster.

I have a console and a gaming laptop, heck even a decent phone, I can play actual games on those. I just want my Visual Novels to have a good story, decent art, compelling characters, some 18+ action and easy gameplay, life is already hard enough for everyone.

Whether the dev implements Sandbox well or not only time will tell. My advice to BoomX, make a poll vote on this thread, let the players decide what they prefer, so you can get a conclusive idea of what your audience wants.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Hi Praxxxus and juan palote, just for your info.
SANDBOX
Please, no sandbox. It makes no sense to make sandbox in this kind of games, the only thing is adds is the ability to choose to ignore some content, which can be done with a simple choice.
Colour or B/W is debatable, and a matter of preference. But Sandbox is a devil's promise, they are never good, only 5-10% of the time they are implemented well enough. Sandbox breaks the pacing of the narrative, adds grind and excessive navigation/point-to-click, makes it difficult to play without a walkthrough, and is just an all around ball-buster.

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes