Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Can any supporter tell us how the poll is coming? Becca I am sure is first, but what about the other two?

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
I need the new walkthrough.
However someone posted a link for Office version here https://f95zone.to/threads/single-again-v0-09-clever-name-games.46941/post-4508926

and I converted it to a pdf here https://f95zone.to/threads/single-again-v0-09-clever-name-games.46941/post-4510787

If it's the walkthrough mod then it will be after the full version is release in a few days.
Note: **IMPORTANT** THE CURRENT RELEASE v0.09 IS A PARTIAL VERSION, I WILL BE WAITING UNTIL THE FULL VERSION IS RELEASED ON THE 13TH TO UPDATE THE MOD. WHAT WAS RELEASED ON THE DEV PATREON ON OCTOBER 31ST IS WHAT HAS BEEN UPLOADED, THIS IS ONLY 65% OF THE CONTENT FOR THIS RELEASE. I STRONGLY RECOMMENDED HOLDING OFF UNTIL FULL RELEASE TO PLAY, EVEN WITHOUT THE MOD.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Nice use of the Now Crowd Billboards to populate the club scene. You can only tell they are billboards because they lack the dimensions of the 3d characters in the foreground, but it makes the scenes in the club look so much more realistic.

Reactions: Maviarab

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Nice use of the Now Crowd Billboards to populate the club scene. You can only tell they are billboards because they lack the dimensions of the 3d characters in the foreground, but it makes the scenes in the club look so much more realistic.
[/QUOTE

Elaboration?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Billboards are 2d flat created images of a 3D rendered character. Pain in the ass to make (time-consuming) but when used have virtually 0 polys which means you render a scene with them without needing tonnes of VRAM.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Elaboration?
The developer used a product called Now Crowd Billboards (Party Edition) which has pre-posed and pre-rendered scenes which can be dropped into a scene to make it look populated by people, but cuting the rendering time significantly. Every 3D element that has to be rendered in a scene increases the time that Daz3D takes to render the scene considerably because Daz has to do all the calculations of light bouncing off of objects, and the more 3D objects there are, the more calculations the software has to do. Having 2D "billboards" of people creates the illusion of a crowded party scene but without the huge penalty of rendering time that such a complex scene would ordinarily take if all of the "people" in the scene were actual 3D characters. It's (render time) one of the reasons that developers frequently will do bar scenes in their VNs that are pretty much empty.

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
The developer used a product called Now Crowd Billboards (Party Edition) which has pre-posed and pre-rendered scenes which can be dropped into a scene to make it look populated by people, but cuting the rendering time significantly. Every 3D element that has to be rendered in a scene increases the time that Daz3D takes to render the scene considerably because Daz has to do all the calculations of light bouncing off of objects, and the more 3D objects there are, the more calculations the software has to do. Having 2D "billboards" of people creates the illusion of a crowded party scene but without the huge penalty of rendering time that such a complex scene would ordinarily take if all of the "people" in the scene were actual 3D characters. It's (render time) one of the reasons that developers frequently will do bar scenes in their VNs that are pretty much empty.

So less rendering time then? Should make for a promising update? I'm curious how this helps daz rendering times tho

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Billboards are 2d flat created images of a 3D rendered character. Pain in the ass to make (time-consuming) but when used have virtually 0 polys which means you render a scene with them without needing tonnes of VRAM.
Yes I still lag when playing these animations

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes I still lag when playing these animations
Lag has nothing to do with it. Not as far as far as why they are used is concerned, that more your hardware and renpy.

What we mean is, character models can contain hundreds of thousands of poly's. Reason you rarely see more than 2 characters ever in a scene? Because they require so much VRAM to render most VN makers just don't have the hardware to render them in any reasonable amount of time. Creating a billboard yourself (or using one off Daz/Rendo) means you could have 20 billboard characters in a scene and still require less VRAM to render that scene than using 2 or 3 actual 3D characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starkmk87
3.90 star(s) 202 Votes