MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
nope, even if he was their step-father (he wasn't) that ended when he divorced from ex-wife.
Actually, Frank was Becca and Lilly's stepfather, but yes, that ended with the divorce. But what falls under that is the relationship that Lilly and Abby had with each other when Shannon and Frank were still married. Both were step-siblings and both had a scene together in Lilith's Longing, which took place (the scene, not LL) at a time when Frank was not yet divorced from his ex-dragon.

By the way, I'm currently going through the storyline again and Becca once said, when she explained the pecking order thing, that Lilly crossed a line once, so Becca felt forced to use the one thing that could massively hurt her at the time. Are you also wondering what that was? My theories on that:

Before Frank and Shannon got married, little Lilly was a mess. I can't imagine that at the time she would have been able to push Becca, who was rather introverted at the time, to the point where that would have been necessary, even though she mentioned that Lilly was a horror at the time. So it must have happened in the last 10 years.

We know that Lilly often messed with Shannon or Frank. Therefore, I assume she was up to something that would have resulted in a punishment from Shannon that would have been much more draconian than what Becca did, or it must have happened about 5 years ago when Becca started to assume that Frank was her father. I suppose it would have been something that could have gotten Frank in trouble or hurt him a lot. Therefore, this would have potentially been the first time Becca was forced to intervene on Frank's behalf.

If this last theory is true, then I hope we learn more about it in Becca's story. It probably wouldn't change my opinion of Lilly, but it would be interesting to see what Lilly's modus operandi against Frank was back then.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
About Abby: We've already seen how unenthusiastic CNG's supporters were when Lilly+Abby was established, to say the least. And there you can still rationalize that it makes sense, due to Frank's caution. CNG, as I see it right now, has 2 big piles of dung in his story that he should avoid if he doesn't want his Supporters to become a mob.

1. a non-optional Becca-Vanessa scene. Heavens, I'd argue even an optional scene would be very controversial. Another dev who is very popular, both for quality and work ethic, got a massive shitstorm in his time in his first work because there was a certain optional scene and that dev has since avoided using anything similar ever again. I won't go into details, but that was a once in a lifetime mistake.

2. making Abby the bait. A not-so-small portion of the plot revolves around Frank's complicated feelings for Abby. Making Abby the bait, and thus the only hypothetical LI who has her own separate side story but no scene with Frank, would most likely draw a reaction that would make the reactions around Lilly and Abby seem like a tempest in a teapot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
About Abby: We've already seen how unenthusiastic CNG's supporters were when Lilly+Abby was established, to say the least. And there you can still rationalize that it makes sense, due to Frank's caution. CNG, as I see it right now, has 2 big piles of dung in his story that he should avoid if he doesn't want his Supporters to become a mob.

1. a non-optional Becca-Vanessa scene. Heavens, I'd argue even an optional scene would be very controversial. Another dev who is very popular, both for quality and work ethic, got a massive shitstorm in his time in his first work because there was a certain optional scene and that dev has since avoided using anything similar ever again. I won't go into details, but that was a once in a lifetime mistake.

2. making Abby the bait. A not-so-small portion of the plot revolves around Frank's complicated feelings for Abby. Making Abby the bait, and thus the only hypothetical LI who has her own separate side story but no scene with Frank, would most likely draw a reaction that would make the reactions around Lilly and Abby seem like a tempest in a teapot.
1. It seems odd to be upset about a scene between a lesbian character and a bisexual character who are both in relationships where there are multiple partners. Vanessa already has an agreement with Beth so that she can be with other people; why shouldn't Ness be allowed the same freedom? Becca has definitively said there's no other man for her but Frank, and they've talked about her interest in being with women too. Seems like it would actually be a pretty good pairing.
2. I wouldn't care if Abby and Frank never did anything sexual together. To be blunt, I'd be good with an entire story based around a relationship between Frank and Becca. She's already talked about her kinks, including being a cuckquean, and Frank is pretty open about indulging her fetishes. While I do certainly also like Lil, and I'd like her to remain as part of the poly relationship, it wouldn't be a huge shift to have her dynamic change slightly. They'd all still be a nonstandard family, but Abby could be Lil's primary LI, with Frank on the side to indulge Becca's kinks.

I know some people will hate that idea, especially those that don't like lesbian content.
I'm simply expressing that I'd be more than fine with it, and I don't really think it would change much about the story if that was the final result.

Reactions: Elhemeer and c3p0

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It seems odd to be upset
Average VN players mentality....
I wouldn't care if Abby and Frank never did anything sexual together. To be blunt, I'd be good with an entire story based around a relationship between Frank and Becca
Me neither.
I know some people will hate that idea, especially those that don't like lesbian content.
Fuck them. Vocal minority....I mean, not like Lilly and Abs have been in a relationship since pretty much the start of the VN and before that even....I mean...if this was a new development I could under....ahhh screw it lol :rolleyes:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Average VN players mentality....

Me neither.

Fuck them. Vocal minority....I mean, not like Lilly and Abs have been in a relationship since pretty much the start of the VN and before that even....I mean...if this was a new development I could under....ahhh screw it lol :rolleyes:
ok so when we as players are led to believe that we would get Abby eventually .. and then she is taken away ... you don't think thats kinda messed up .... its like dangling a piece of candy over top a kids head then when they jump for it .. you move it so they can never get it .... that my friend is B.S. :unsure:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
ok so when we as players are led to believe that we would get Abby eventually .. and then she is taken away ... you don't think thats kinda messed up .... its like dangling a piece of candy over top a kids head then when they jump for it .. you move it so they can never get it .... that my friend is B.S. :unsure:
No it isn't bullshit. Abs has also 'not been taken away'...wtf....I'm sure some people just make shit up in their heads at times. When and where has Abs been taken away? Hmmm? Tell me.

Oh..that's right, you cant because it has not happened!!! She has always been fucking Lils....ALWAYS....so what actually has changed? That's right...nothing! Also, up intil last month when CNG actually stated that Abs is a confirmed long-term LI....if anyone believes something that hasn't actually happened then that is solely on them, no one else.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
No it isn't bullshit. Abs has also 'not been taken away'...wtf....I'm sure some people just make shit up in their heads at times. When and where has Abs been taken away? Hmmm? Tell me.

Oh..that's right, you cant because it has not happened!!! She has always been fucking Lils....ALWAYS....so what actually has changed? That's right...nothing! Also, up intil last month when CNG actually stated that Abs is a confirmed long-term LI....if anyone believes something that hasn't actually happened then that is solely on them, no one else.
jeez take a chill pill and restart the game .. use the last update not this one .... and yes Abby did tell the MC she had a thing with Lil ... but it wasn't a serious thing ... :unsure:

Reactions: Dr. Coom

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
jeez take a chill pill and restart the game .. use the last update not this one .... and yes Abby did tell the MC she had a thing with Lil ... but it wasn't a serious thing ... :unsure:
Except that they've been fooling around for years, Frank is only now just learning about it, and how serious it actually has become.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Hasn't Abby actively been saying it's nothing serious, even though Lily feels like it could be more?
Yes she has....regardless, they have still been sexually intimate with each other for years (except when Lils has had a BF). I'm sure some folk will start whining about those exes soon too and that all the girls are no longer pure...

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Considering I brought this topic up, another topic:

I'm currently going through the storyline again and Becca once said, when she explained the pecking order thing, that Lilly crossed a line once, so Becca felt forced to use the one thing that could massively hurt her at the time. Are you also wondering what that was? My theories on that:

Before Frank and Shannon got married, little Lilly was a mess. I can't imagine that at the time she would have been able to push Becca, who was rather introverted at the time, to the point where that would have been necessary, even though she mentioned that Lilly was a horror at the time. So it must have happened in the last 10 years.

We know that Lilly often messed with Shannon or Frank. Therefore, I assume she was up to something that would have resulted in a punishment from Shannon that would have been much more draconian than what Becca did, or it must have happened about 5 years ago when Becca started to assume that Frank was her father. I suppose it would have been something that could have gotten Frank in trouble or hurt him a lot. Therefore, this would have potentially been the first time Becca was forced to intervene on Frank's behalf.
So, what do you think Lilly did that forced Becca to go nuclear on her?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The tragedy is that there is a serious misalignment between the feelings that Lily has for Abby and the feelings that Abby has in turn. I think that we have all had a relationship like this. In the context of the game, though, it is a malfunctioning love triangle where all the romantic love is flowing in one direction through the three partners involved. It is kind of like this recycling symbol.

1726676864748.png

Lily has romantic feelings for Abby, Abby has romantic feelings for Frank, Frank has romantic feelings for Lily. The only one reciprocating in both directions is Lily, and yet she is the one who gets the brunt of the distain. Since Abby has been putting Lily in the friends with benefits zone this makes Abby the hinge of the polycule, but this doesn't work in accordance with Becca's machinations. While this relationship may work for a while, it is only currently functioning because Frank is unfortunatly used to his partner focusing her entire energy elsewhere. Abby has been dismissive of Lily's feelings to a point that I think that she is Shannon's true daughter, having learned all the wrong lessons regarding how to treat people from her stepmother. This relationship is a bomb and it will explode, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is Becca who is going to light the match.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Hasn't Abby actively been saying it's nothing serious, even though Lily feels like it could be more?
She did, yes. Which seems like an attempt to downplay it to Frank, possibly out of embarrassment or because she doesn't want him to think she only likes girls. In any case, when they were originally talking in the diner scene, she admitted that there's more to it than just sex for both of them, though it is certainly obvious that it's more serious for Lil than it is for Abby.
Abby and Lily love each other, and both enjoy their sexual relationship, as they have for years. Lily is simply more in love with Abby, and Abby isn't sure if she's in love with Lily the same way. It isn't even clear if she's tried to figure that out, or if her feeling for Frank are stopping her from exploring the idea.

Reactions: c3p0 and Maviarab

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
The tragedy is that there is a serious misalignment between the feelings that Lily has for Abby and the feelings that Abby has in turn. I think that we have all had a relationship like this. In the context of the game, though, it is a malfunctioning love triangle where all the romantic love is flowing in one direction through the three partners involved. It is kind of like this recycling symbol.

View attachment 4046779

Lily has romantic feelings for Abby, Abby has romantic feelings for Frank, Frank has romantic feelings for Lily. The only one reciprocating in both directions is Lily, and yet she is the one who gets the brunt of the distain. Since Abby has been putting Lily in the friends with benefits zone this makes Abby the hinge of the polycule, but this doesn't work in accordance with Becca's machinations. While this relationship may work for a while, it is only currently functioning because Frank is unfortunatly used to his partner focusing her entire energy elsewhere. Abby has been dismissive of Lily's feelings to a point that I think that she is Shannon's true daughter, having learned all the wrong lessons regarding how to treat people from her stepmother. This relationship is a bomb and it will explode, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is Becca who is going to light the match.

Maybe in the next update we will get a family meeting with Rebecca, Lily and Abigail, to hopefully get to the bottom of this. Or just Lil and Becca and Becca will speak to abby to hopefully get her to talk to lily in a candid conversation and admit that she doesn't feel like lil's does? If that makes any sense.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Maybe in the next update we will get a family meeting with Rebecca, Lily and Abigail, to hopefully get to the bottom of this. Or just Lil and Becca and Becca will speak to abby to hopefully get her to talk to lily in a candid conversation and admit that she doesn't feel like lil's does? If that makes any sense.
CNG tried to do that in the last update with a talk between Frank and Abby.
It actually seemed to help Abby admit that she had feelings for Lily beyond the sister/fuckbuddy dynamic they'd enjoyed up until then.
But people went ballistic with that conversation, saying that it meant one of the harem members would be with someone other than Frank and that they wouldn't accept it. :rolleyes:
So, with a quick patch update, Clever caved and rolled back the dialogue, cut it down, and made it only about Abby asking to be allowed to buy a sex toy, so Lily could enjoy it while she wasn't dating any guys.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I'm back on the divorce, they just mentioned the apartment and that Shannon would be lucky to get 50 cents. I would have found it so funny if Frank had handed her the 50 cents.

Reactions: Dr. Mick

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Yes she has....
and thats the point ... and others including you .. want content that you want not what we should get ... so in essence make the dev follow the path you and others want , not the path the dev led us to believe we would get :rolleyes:

3.80 star(s) 207 Votes