Demongus

Jan 30, 2020
So after playing the side story I gotta say that Lilith is basically just Mini-Shannon, also further cemented my dislike for Becca so I think I'm done with this. A shame tbh I really liked the first few updates of this game but when you dislike 2/3 of the main love interests there's no point continuing. Good luck though dev the renders are great as always and I'd likely try a future project.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
I personally think Lily's attitude is only for conflict/drama, Becca is for manipulation and Abby for innocense. The problem with that is we as players tend to make up our minds about LI's after the first few updates. Lily for most is a solid no go. Her attitude, at least for me as a player, makes me despise, Loathe, hate her.....take your pick. Becca tends to make me want to be cautious because, well, ya never know right? More importantly Abby, just makes me want to protect her as the player. Her attraction is there aswell as the MC's but he such a beta that you can't even really get behind him enough to like or even hope he succeeds. At this point, the judges daughter, hell even the lesbian/Bi couple are more of actual LI's at this point.

Just my opinion.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Again it was just my opinion but at this point Lily is right up there with almost every female in the VN Hillside. I just can't get into her. The constant attitude is to much even for a beta MC. At this point it will take an act of "whatever people deem holy" for me to look at her as anything but a conflict/drama plot.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The thing is, the way I see it, I like conflicting characters. In fact, I love Hillside (mostly Emma), but I think that Lilith's personality is super consistent with her story. And this is strongly shown in the last update. She goes from pure sadness, to anger, to love, to sadness, to love again.

She is a teenager in pain. She has daddy issues and has reflected all her anger to her actual father abandoning her to MC. It is not until MC can actually be out of her life but decides to stay that she starts understanding he actually loves her as a father.

If anything, Lilith is by far the most realistic and well done character of the novel. I love Becca, but at this point she is almost an evil (but super cute and lovingly) villain manipulating the masses in her secret lair. And Abigail goes from totally trusting her father so accusing him of trying to rape her after she force him to sleep with her to loving him again and acting like a little 12 years old.

Don't get me wrong, I love the girls, and I love the novel, but I think Lilith, specially in her last updates, are the one that really show that Clever Name Games can write realistic and believable characters. Before that, it was a nice, heart warming "daddy fucks his daughters" story. Cute, very very cute and enjoyable, but that was it.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So far you only get jerked and sucked, and no choice in who you do stuff with, with the young girls, there is a woman you can pick to fuck.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
The thing is, the way I see it, I like conflicting characters. In fact, I love Hillside (mostly Emma), but I think that Lilith's personality is super consistent with her story. And this is strongly shown in the last update. She goes from pure sadness, to anger, to love, to sadness, to love again.

She is a teenager in pain. She has daddy issues and has reflected all her anger to her actual father abandoning her to MC. It is not until MC can actually be out of her life but decides to stay that she starts understanding he actually loves her as a father.

If anything, Lilith is by far the most realistic and well done character of the novel. I love Becca, but at this point she is almost an evil (but super cute and lovingly) villain manipulating the masses in her secret lair. And Abigail goes from totally trusting her father so accusing him of trying to rape her after she force him to sleep with her to loving him again and acting like a little 12 years old.

Don't get me wrong, I love the girls, and I love the novel, but I think Lilith, specially in her last updates, are the one that really show that Clever Name Games can write realistic and believable characters. Before that, it was a nice, heart warming "daddy fucks his daughters" story. Cute, very very cute and enjoyable, but that was it.
I get what you are saying, but a consistent struggle ends up polarizing in the end. Hence why I said what I did. I am sorry but struggle should come as part of the story not be a constant in a personality. Even being a beta the MC has showed he isnt going anywhere, so Lily's attitude is one of filler without purpose at this point.

Becca, I will agree since I said it as well is way to manipulative, but she serves a purpose in bringing the MC out of his shell....or at least I hope that is it lol.

However, I am not alone in my thoughts that Lily needs to be dialed back a bit. We are far enough in now, with plenty of "flags" to show the MC is in for the long haul. So again at this point her confrontational attitude is merely there for drama.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well I am in the minority, after the last update I feel bad for Lily and like her now, I thought she was a cunt at the start, but finding out her dad went back and ignored her, and then being cheated on, and now wanting us to be her dad, I think this is a good turning out and things will get better, even more so with the new hair cut covering that 5 head.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I get what you are saying, but a consistent struggle ends up polarizing in the end. Hence why I said what I did. I am sorry but struggle should come as part of the story not be a constant in a personality. Even being a beta the MC has showed he isnt going anywhere, so Lily's attitude is one of filler without purpose at this point.
I gotta disagree here. This is a "slice of life" story. All conflict come from the characters interacting with each other. And I would say a teenager having a conflicting personality with her parents is quite common even in real life.
However, I am not alone in my thoughts that Lily needs to be dialed back a bit. We are far enough in now, with plenty of "flags" to show the MC is in for the long haul. So again at this point her confrontational attitude is merely there for drama.
In the end, it is a matter of taste. I don't mind Lily's attitude at all. But then again, I love conflicting characters (just look at my signature, for example). If anything, I think the way Lilith has evolved in the novel was by far the more natural, with Abigail the less realistic. Becca has no realistic comparison, as she is only missing a Shanon-destruction ray at this point to go "Welcome to my domains, Mr. Bond, I mean daddy." Ahhh she is soooo cute when she goes all caring daughter and sister manipulative bitch :love:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I gotta disagree here. This is a "slice of life" story. All conflict come from the characters interacting with each other. And I would say a teenager having a conflicting personality with her parents is quite common even in real life.

In the end, it is a matter of taste. I don't mind Lily's attitude at all. But then again, I love conflicting characters (just look at my signature, for example). If anything, I think the way Lilith has evolved in the novel was by far the more natural, with Abigail the less realistic. Becca has no realistic comparison, as she is only missing a Shanon-destruction ray at this point to go "Welcome to my domains, Mr. Bond, I mean daddy." Ahhh she is soooo cute when she goes all caring daughter and sister manipulative bitch :love:
Yeah... You love Bella from SG so of course you love Lily ;) . You and I have discussed it many times on many threads but I am not a fan of people who treat someone else in a shitty manner. I don't care what trauma they've had, we've all had trauma, doesn't mean that we should all get a pass for being shitty people. Especially when it comes to a person who is going to ride the magical dick train, the MC should be able to be picky about his passengers but in this game it seems the MC (and thus player) will have no choice whatsoever and will lay there unmoving and scared as each of his "daughters" fucks him. Frank needs to start being more assertive in his life, which is true of a LOT of protagonists in these games. Too many of them have MC's that have life happen to them... And nowhere near enough redheads!

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
So I played Lilith's Longing and there is some sex with ex-boyfriend BUT everything that happens after he cheats on Lilith is great. I was even touched by the Lilith's memories. The plot even slightly jump to the next day, which has not been in the main game yet and ends with a large cliffhager. Let it not significantly slow down the relationship development in the main game.

Reactions: pgm_01

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah... You love Bella from SG so of course you love Lily ;) . You and I have discussed it many times on many threads but I am not a fan of people who treat someone else in a shitty manner. I don't care what trauma they've had, we've all had trauma, doesn't mean that we should all get a pass for being shitty people. Especially when it comes to a person who is going to ride the magical dick train, the MC should be able to be picky about his passengers but in this game it seems the MC (and thus player) will have no choice whatsoever and will lay there unmoving and scared as each of his "daughters" fucks him. Frank needs to start being more assertive in his life, which is true of a LOT of protagonists in these games. Too many of them have MC's that have life happen to them... And nowhere near enough redheads!
Wait wait wait... I understand you don't like it, that is totally fine, but you are putting the girl before the horse!

The fact that she is a love interest is not something that should be taken into account when she is acting like that. She is not thinking "hey, I am a LI in an AVN and he is clearly the MC as his dick is unrealistically huge, so I guess i will end up fucking him and loving him, let's be nice from moment 0". They are supposed to be character, with flaws, problems, tastes, experience and whatever bla bla bla. You don't need to like those kind of characters, and I understand and even share in real life your point of "we are all fighting our own secret war nobody else knows about, so please be nice". But those characters don't need to share those thoughts. They don't even need to like MC.

And sometimes, as is the case with Lilith, it is not because the they dont want to be nice, not because they are assholes. It is the only way they know. In Lilith's subconscious, MC is just another evil guy that will eventually abandon her, so why care about him? After all, "dads" have proven to be anything but evil assholes who don't care about their daughters. Understanding that sometimes people do need help is also, in my opinion, part of the mantra that everybody is fighting their own war. Many times with ourselves and many times not even aware.

On the topic of "too beta as other have claimed", I do believe that MC could start becoming more assertive. Specially now that he has acknowledge his desires and his daughters are clearly responding to that (or was it the other way around)? But if anything, I think this game has taken the nice approach in the "I am a father first, and their lover second", compared to so many others that invert the equation.

About redheads, I dont think my brain can understand "enough redheads"... I do believe, though, that given how powerful they are, devs should deal with the in moderation. Not because they can be enough, that makes absolutely no fucking sense, but because they can overpower the rest too much. With great power comes great responsibility.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So I played Lilith's Longing and there is some sex with ex-boyfriend BUT everything that happens after he cheats on Lilith is great. I was even touched by the Lilith's memories. The plot even slightly jump to the next day, which has not been in the main game yet and ends with a large cliffhager. Let it not significantly slow down the relationship development in the main game.
Pity it was never leaked!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
you want to be ntr'd?
Of course not. But I don't play as Lilith in this novel, I play as MC. I would only be seeing something that Lilith saw. It would not create any kind of jealousy. If anything, I guess I would feel pure uncontrolled rage that my baby girl is suffering from that asshole!

Mmmm apart from killing half the characters in Hillside for hurting Emma, I think I need to painfully kill so many other characters around! nobody hurts my babies!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Mmmm apart from killing half the characters in Hillside for hurting Emma, I think I need to painfully kill so many other characters around! nobody hurts my babies!
broken dreamers and ataegina are good for that.

OutOfFuxs2Give

Ex-Triple A Game Developer Now Lawyer
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
Of course not. But I don't play as Lilith in this novel, I play as MC. I would only be seeing something that Lilith saw. It would not create any kind of jealousy. If anything, I guess I would feel pure uncontrolled rage that my baby girl is suffering from that asshole!

But she was cheating too just because it was with Abby doesn't change that fact.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes