jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
That is actually pretty fucked up from Abby though, in my opinion. I don't have kids, but if I did I would prefer they prioritize each other their parents.

Had we given the option I would have really reprimand Abigail for that and make her apologize to her sister.
he does let her know that he was upset, but she was pretty clear and adamant about her feelings.
I think it's just another indication that Abby's feelings are going beyond familial
It's almost assuredly not the last time the subject will come up so I'm sure there will be more choices and dialogue between the three about it

And also just in a general sense feelings like that aren't something you can control, Frank could get mad at Abby and have her apologize, but that won't change how she feels or who she would choose, emotions, feelings, like that are pretty well out of our control.
And by our i mean in a general sense, specifically here i mean out of Abby and Frank's control.

Reactions: mr john

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
IMHO, in the context of that heated moment, Abby was trying to make a point to Lilith she was acting more like a jealous lover rather than step-sister, and if push-came-to-shove, and Lilith were to try and force her hand via an ultimatum, she would pick her dad, Frank each and every time. She literally was born into this world with Frank as her father and was with him far longer before she ever met Lilith... If it's one thing I've learned in my personal life, lovers come and go, but family is forever.
he does let her know that he was upset, but she was pretty clear and adamant about her feelings.
I think it's just another indication that Abby's feelings are going beyond familial
It's almost assuredly not the last time the subject will come up so I'm sure there will be more choices and dialogue between the three about it
Well the thing is for me she meant it different. Not as a lover but as a sister that see her sister get taken advantaged.

I totally agree that family is forever but that is why I mean when I said I would prefer my kids to always choose their siblings over their parents.

And this is particularly true in this novel, where Frank is dad first, daddy second.

Abby should chose no one over her sister, not her dad, not her lover. That is what I meant that if she were my kid I would really reprimand making that comment to her sister. Nothing should come between them.

Anyway, does not matter, simply wanted to mention that I dislike it. It was a good move to calm her down, but I would make her apologize regardless.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
That is actually pretty fucked up from Abby though, in my opinion. I don't have kids, but if I did I would prefer they prioritize each other their parents.

Had we given the option I would have really reprimand Abigail for that and make her apologize to her sister.
I don't think so.
Put it this way. Instead of saying MC say this instead.......
I will choose MY FATHER first over anyone else.
That's basically what she saud

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't think so.
Put it this way. Instead of saying MC say this instead.......
I will choose MY FATHER first over anyone else.
That's basically what she saud
Yep. That is wrong. Sister first, father second.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It's family first, step sister 2nd
They are sisters not steps the way I see it. No need to agree with me. But for me she really need to set her priority right.

Becca and Lilith should have preference over Frank. It is what I would prefer in Frank's place.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
What was actually your favorite scene in the update? And since my assumption regarding Becca's line "Lilith must be first, but think she's not" is pretty much confirmed I'm now wondering: Was it that obvious or do I have to worry that I hit Becca's train of thought?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think mine was where Lilith goes over the points that where shown at the end of LL like you taught me, protected me e.t.c thought was a sweet moment as a call back to her realising Frank's love for her.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
I think the letter is from bio-father family. Abby will inherit a lot of money but only if she becomes her bio-father's legal daughter (and I think that's also why he suddenly cares about her).

And I think Abby will accept this. Frank will be crushed of course. But Abby doesn't have the money in mind. After the adoption, Abby is going to say that her mother wished her to be a Shavel and the only way now for this to be is to have Frank to marry her!
I doubt this theory will come to pass, but is possible and kind of sounds like Abby's logic. LOL

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I luv these girls. Lily is far and away my fave. She tics off all the boxes...gorgeous, petite, headstrong. Becca is sharp as hell, but I'd always wonder what she is ultimately after. Abby is just too sweet and innocent. Meiko, fits nicely with my Asisn fetish.

This is fast becoming my fave game.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
I have said this after each update. I love the girls, I love the overall story, but I hate the MC. I know, defenders will attack and say, "He has to be reluctant!!! He's not a little bitch!!!" Yes, he has to be reluctant. No, he's not a little bitch. He's irritating. He can be reluctant and not be so nails on the chalkboard annoying about it. He can be conflicted and not whiney. I forward through his diatribes as I just can't stand reading them. I actually am glad the dev added the mom being upset as reason for being in trouble and easing up on the legal since there is a difference in it being frowned on and being illegal. The story is moving and all characters but the MC keep me interested.
Yes he is irritating that is why so many like to call him a little bitch. I do agree that he could be less irritating cause maybe then the whiners of him being a "little bitch," as if to say his reluctance is not warranted, will stop. Its more annoying to hear people whining about him "being a little bitch" then his extreme reluctance. Which his extreme reluctance turns into extreme guilt even though it seem over the top he is fighting to keep from being depraved. For depravity can turn into a slippery slope sometimes. That is why corruption games go as far as they go. Which this one is. And its the MC. for a change that gets corrupted.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
I have a theory on why Becca wants to get "close" to MC and Lilly too this has Shannon written all over it as MC stated Becca had never tried to bring them together but in Becca's words "I did" but then when the divorce day came Shannon blurted out that "He did things" even though it's a lie but I get the feeling she put Becca up to it it's all so strange and wired that she's been doing it after the divorce, all in all, i bet Shannon put Becca up to it and when MC asked why Becca said "I am my mother's daughter" wired enough to say that right after dad asks her why shes doing that
That theory may be logical, but that depends on how much of a psychological thriller Clever name games wants it to be.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
in reality, I think Lilly really needs to take a chill pill yeah the game has stated that the reason for her outbursts is because of her dad leaving her but god damn every little thing Frank does she flips her gasket hugging Abby hugging Becca complimented both of them Lilly has a shit fit n over the years it shows time n time again that Frank will never leave her, yeah I know it's up to us as the players to pursue that but god damn Lilly and again I know she apologizes after BUT STILL
So your thought process is to throw away girls who are broken? Lily does not just have daddy issues. She has issues she inherited and influenced by her mother. There is more to this Molotov Cocktail then just alcohol and paper.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
I believe when Abby put her foot down and said she would "choose frank every time," she said that only to put Lily in her place. She knew Lily would react the way she did. (maybe not everything she did though) Abby said it cause lily was acting a jealous lover. Especially with he breakthrough she and frank had. Abby also knew how frank would react. That he would be happy she stood up for him, but also disapointed that she would "pick one over the other." Even girls like Abby are somewhat manipulative. But girls like her only do so to have order and not disorder.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My analysis of the problems Lilith has:

Fear of loss: the trigger was the abandonment of her father, especially since she was a daddy's child. I strongly assume that her boyfriends were correspondingly there to fill that void for now. After all, we learn that Abby is much more important to her than her ex-boyfriends.

Trust issues: Triggered at the latest by the fact that her former work colleague had a fling with her boyfriend.

Inferiority complexes: First, there's the feeling of academic inferiority. In Lili's side episode we see a school scenario in which her mother plays the role of the teacher and Abby and Becca play the roles of the class primuses. Abby might represent inferiority here, that Abby is a very affable and social person who gets along with people more easily. She feels academically pressured by Becca, even though that's probably not Becca's intention, or that Becca has set the academic level expectation level that Shannon has so high that Lili can never reach it no matter how hard she tries.

Then there's the physical feeling of inferiority. This is not uncommon in young women of that age, and the breakup with her last boyfriend, in which she caught him and her ex-work colleague making fun of her figure, will not have helped. Then there's the comparison with Abby and especially Becca. Both have more curves, but while I don't think it's quite as tragic with Abby, it's probably extremely frustrating for her just in comparison to Becca, with whom she shares the same gene pool and can't really compete with her from an academic standpoint alone.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hmm... I read some comments here, and get the feeling some people taking things far to "real world realistic". Honestly - If all the people in this VN act like they should have using "real world" norms and actions, do you know what you get?

A completely boring Visual Novel wherein nothing happens, and erotic stuff is non-existent...

So - Of course things absolutely do no go like they should go in real life. After all, it's a VN and not real life. It's a fantasy, wherein things happen that are surely less realisic, but certainly make the VN spicy and fun to plread.

To get back in story mode... I like Becca, because -like it or not-, she's the one that keeps the "family" together. After the divorce chances where very high the whole family would fall apart, and everybody goes his/hers way to loose all contact over time. All her manipulations have now lead to strong and intensive bonds with each family member. Some will think she's a manipulative bitch, but I think she simply wants to keep the family together with strong ties. I think she loves them all, but knows she has to use tricks to let people admit what they already feel deep inside. I think it pains her to be cold and manipulative, but also knows there is no other way, so she bears that burden. I also think that she saw how her mother acts to Frank, and probably has seen and heard what she thinks about Frank when he was not around. She would not have to been a genius to see where that ultimately would end. Probably the only uncertainty would been about what person her mother would cheat on Frank, but later on it would become clear. I think 5 years planning is not unrealistic if you take all that stuff in account. I also think that she must have realized that the abusive nature of her mother would ultimately lead to a maybe fatal clash between her daughters (and Abby), so she has planned their escape already several years ago.

Anyway - That are my thoughts about it.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
At this point I must confess that as an individual I would be too happy to discuss with Becca her plans, or rather my suspicions regarding her future plans and how far she may have manipulated certain events in the past. How far she would go in this regard would probably also depend on how credibly one could assure that one does not plan to interfere with her plan. I think that there could be some interesting discussions. Also, I can imagine that Becca would have some use for someone who could work Frank in her favor without the barrier of this individual being part of his family, as with Abby and Lili.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
im not putting anything past Becca as you said she may have manipulated the past and what i think she did was she got her mother to cheat on Frank (where Lilly and Becca still around then?) anyways yeah i think she set that up called her dad as Frank said he didnt regunized the number and the voice so Becca could be using that voice changer thing it makes sense she after that point her plan was falling into place and when Shannon and Frank finally got the divorce she said now she has Frank all to herself without her mother getting in the way

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I don't think the plan was even necessarily set in motion for her to have Frank to herself. I think that the order is something like this:

Becca starts with her five-year plan. How far it was clear by then that that was going to be used at some point. But I suspect it goes along with the next point, or at least the starting point is there.

Abby is looking more and more like her mother. Shannon begins to openly take her dislike of Jessica (Abby's mother) out on Abby and Frank. At the same time, Shannon and Lili's relationship begins to deteriorate. Probably because she and Abby are best friends (according to Frank, Jessica would probably be very happy with the friendship between Abby and Lili driving Shannon crazy).

Becca realizes that her mother is the big troublemaker in the family. At the same time, she likes Abby and Lili (even if the relationship between the sisters is strained from time to time) and knows that the latter needs a stable father figure (Frank). I'm also sure that Becca knows relatively well about her little sister's love life and probably assumes that her (ex-)boyfriends are stopgaps meant to fill the void left by their biological father (hence Becca's comment that Lili will eventually get knocked up by some guy unless Frank takes care of her).

Shannon has her affair with her ex-husband. How much Becca contributed to this is merely speculation, though it's safe to assume that Shannon isn't smart enough to keep this a secret from someone like Becca. I also think Becca is the safest candidate to be involved in the call somehow. It had to be someone who knew the inner workings of the household and had access. Abby would have called Frank directly without any secrecy, and Lilith would have stitched the two of them up first and probably had her father-related breakdown sooner, with probably more severe consequences. Also, Becca breaks up with her boyfriend and I have to assume he was just a distraction so no one, especially Shannon, would be aware of her plans.

Becca drags Lili along to the judge because she's known her mother long enough to know she's planning something that could get Frank in trouble.

Becca has her conversation with Abby. The leads to Abby's rules inside the apartment.

Lili's boyfriend has a fling with their mutual co-worker. This ended up going from the two of them, however Becca felt early on that the guy was not trustworthy and the relationship was falling apart. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Becca somehow had her hands in this to hasten the inevitable since he was in the way of her master plan.

Becca has her bet with Lili. At the same time, Becca begins planning with Lili to move out.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes