*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
aces were perfectly fine. t the very least i got used to them. Beths new look is okey but abby? jeez no.
lso is it just me or has beth bigger and ... wider breasts now?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Beth looks better now, her original face was a bit off. It was a little too pointy. Not sure about Abby, but it will probably grow on me.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Meh. I didn't care for the faces before and the new ones don't thrill me either. I guess there is just no pleasing me. I'm mostly here for the story anyway.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Meh. I didn't care for the faces before and the new ones don't thrill me either. I guess there is just no pleasing me. I'm mostly here for the story anyway.
Pretty similarily the faces bottom left aren't that important to me. But Becky's still looks off to me, like she lost strains of hair.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Pretty similarily the faces bottom left aren't that important to me. But Becky's still looks off to me, like she lost strains of hair.
She lost the bet to Lilly so Lilly got to choose her new hair style. Given how much Becca has been pushing Lilly, the hair style is punishment.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
She lost the bet to Lilly so Lilly got to choose her new hair style. Given how much Becca has been pushing Lilly, the hair style is punishment.
Yeah, but while the hair style looks okay - even if I do not prefer it but storywise you're right - in some angles and especially on those "profile pics", the hair looks sickly, fallen out, dunno - wrong not in a "don't like it" way but in a "hair don't look like that on a healthy person" way.

das1234

Feb 10, 2017
For those who would be on the discord, did he explain why he wanted to change their faces?
i think i read that. he said that he wanted to port the models from daz gen3 to daz gen8 or something like that (dont remember exactly, no clue what that means) and thats what they end up looking like. i am pretty sure that all cg will use the new ugly faces soon, the cg still looks fine because CNG usually prerenders stuff for the next few updates so he probably had these left over from before he switched.
i mean i like this game for the story and all but looking at these ugly new models makes me feel sad.

Reactions: Ysbald and MrLKX

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Can you tell us by chance how and if there was any feedback from his community towards CNG? For me personally, the models from the initial situation were never really a problem, even if Frank always seemed pretty young for a 39-year-old, which of course doesn't have to mean anything. I'm not much younger than him and was recently estimated to be 25.In fact, only two things really stood out to me in the old updates: Spelling errors and the recurring "Kay". Regarding that, I think to myself: CNG, I like your style, I have grown very fond of the four core girls, and I also find Frank likeable, but please go back to the old way of doing things with the old models and the "Kay "s and occasional spelling errors.

Reactions: Cartageno

das1234

Feb 10, 2017
I dont think ive seen any real negativity towards the changes, but im also not a patreon supporter or anything, im just on the discord sometimes. he redid the lighting of abbys portrait but that was it.
i think this is pretty much already done, we can just wait to see if it is as bad as it seemed. sad because the old models really have a certain unique quality i cant put my finger on.

Reactions: Ysbald and MrLKX

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
the recurring "Kay"
Ah, you hit one of my pet peeves. Let one character have some unusual(*) way of saying or phrasing things but not the whole cast, that sounds unnatural. MrDots always uses "let's dig in" before a meal and "take a raincheck" when something is denied/postponed. That's unusual(*) as well and stands out.

Again, let one character have some stuff like that to show whatever, use a permanent "like" for the "white trash". But people speak differently and if you don't want to mimic that, give them standard speech.

(*) Not "unusual" as in "nobody says it". Quite a few people do. But it's still a minority, and every quirky speech pattern should have a reason. Also, "kay" specifically carries the connotation of not being fully earnest. It is often used as "I don't believe you but will let it pass for now" or "I will do as asked but I am not happy" or similar.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Oh my god. I am glad I am not the only one. I love this game, but every time I read another "'kay" about every 10th line of dialog, I cringe.

It seems excessive. I am tempted to do a search and replace on the dialog next update.
I think "Kay" works for Abby as she is a bit more free spirited than the others. It should have stayed with just her though, well, maybe Jess. It would be a nice quirk between mother and daughter. Having everyone else say it is over using it.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
(*) Not "unusual" as in "nobody says it". Quite a few people do. But it's still a minority, and every quirky speech pattern should have a reason. Also, "kay" specifically carries the connotation of not being fully earnest. It is often used as "I don't believe you but will let it pass for now" or "I will do as asked but I am not happy" or similar.
Maybe it is a regional thing?
It is pretty common where I live; seems to have started with the "text-speak" crowd, the ones (like me) that simply reply to texts with the letter "K", but has become pretty prevalent with just about everyone now. Again, regionally; it's more of a "got it" or "I heard you" response than anything else, but does occasionally mean "I have no friggin' idea what to say to that".

Considering how much time they all spend together, it also makes sense that they would pick-up things from each other, especially slang/phrasing.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes