mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
And yeah the new Abby is ugly as f.....
I don't know if ugly is the right word. I would say that before she was a young adult, still struggling with her body, weight, and all that. Now it looks like she spent time in weight watchers, and became a clone of what society thinks. Gone is the curves, which made her look adorable, and now she is worried about how many carrots she eats so she doesn't gain an ounce. I'll still bang her in the game - just the uniqueness of her character is gone.

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
I don't know if ugly is the right word. I would say that before she was a young adult, still struggling with her body, weight, and all that. Now it looks like she spent time in weight watchers, and became a clone of what society thinks. Gone is the curves, which made her look adorable, and now she is worried about how many carrots she eats so she doesn't gain an ounce. I'll still bang her in the game - just the uniqueness of her character is gone.
This.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Let's start the count down. We have only 5 days of February left. Will our dev deliver on his promise? Let's find out.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's software. I've been writing if for 50 years, professionally for more than 40. So any piece of software that is delivered with in 25% of its schedule is on time.
Well, and when it is delivered on less than 25% of scheduled time, you get a buggy mess.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
did the dev actually confirm that she will look like that in the game ? would be a shame as she looks so generic now .
i started to follow this game because the artwork was out of the ordinary . hope it was just a try out render .
Well, chapter two already uses new avatars that use the new design. And I think the new start screen also uses the new design of Abby.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
In fact, I already asked this a few pages ago to someone who seems to be occasionally active on CNG's Discord and this was the answer:

I don't think I've seen any real negativity towards the changes, but I'm also not a Patreon supporter or anything, I'm just on Discord sometimes. he revised the lighting on Abby's portrait, but that was all.
i think it's pretty much done, we can only wait and see if it's as bad as it seems. too bad, because the old models really have a certain unique quality that i can't put my finger on.

Reactions: Random06776

Random06776

Jul 21, 2020
In fact, I already asked this a few pages ago to someone who seems to be occasionally active on CNG's Discord and this was the answer:

I don't think I've seen any real negativity towards the changes, but I'm also not a Patreon supporter or anything, I'm just on Discord sometimes. he revised the lighting on Abby's portrait, but that was all.
i think it's pretty much done, we can only wait and see if it's as bad as it seems. too bad, because the old models really have a certain unique quality that i can't put my finger on.
Thanks for the answer, I don't really hang out much dev's discords.
As for the old models, yeah it had a certain charm. It's like it was on the edge of two things that if leaned into heavily would have looked possibly ugly. A delicate balance.

The new model, eh it's the character alright but it misses something that the old models had.

Kinda curious about that tho: don't fix what isn't broken and all. Wonder why he did.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Kinda curious about that tho: don't fix what isn't broken and all. Wonder why he did.
Shorter hair: probably dev's preference but also longer hair is a nightmare in animations (you can actually witness that in quite a few games where ponytails don't move at all or similar)

General changes: apparently CNG upgraded the Daz3d version he is using and cannot recreate the old models perfectly.

Reactions: Random06776
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes