Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
I know I seem to be the anomaly here since I enjoy the stories more than the images and the images are just fine for me. I can't wait to see the next part of the story. Looking forward to how Abby handles her biological father. I am more disappointed that there are so many negative comments about how characters have changed visually when the changes have been so minor and some have even been improvements. I wouldn't blame the dev from abandoning the project if everyone just criticizes the artwork.

Reactions: thataboo

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
I know I seem to be the anomaly here since I enjoy the stories more than the images and the images are just fine for me. I can't wait to see the next part of the story. Looking forward to how Abby handles her biological father. I am more disappointed that there are so many negative comments about how characters have changed visually when the changes have been so minor and some have even been improvements. I wouldn't blame the dev from abandoning the project if everyone just criticizes the artwork.
That is not accurate. Except for how Abby looks now, most people are at least okey with the new looks or they like them even more. Also if you change the look of the characters mid-development then you had it coming. I made a joke earlier how they changed Charlie Sheen with Ashton Kutcher. You think anyone who watched the series was a fan of that? "I watched this series only because the writing is so great, it doesn't matter what actors they use" - Said no one ever.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021

Honestly? The story is usually more important to me than the graphics, I usually even skip through the lewd scenes in VN because they don't interest me. But at least for me there has to be a balance. The old designs, when I started with this VN, also took some getting used to but eventually had their unique charm that made the characters likeable.

As for the designs, I personally found the old designs of Beth and Abby much more sympathetic, why was with Abby sufficiently thematized. Beth's skin tone seemed a bit pale to me from time to time, but that was otherwise ok for me.

As for criticism: There are two types of criticism: constructive and destructive. I dare say that when I have criticized in this thread it has usually been constructive. In general I say: CNG was attacked much harder and more destructive here and on Itch for the way he presents Frank as the main character and that he puts up with too much from Lilli etc. pepe. That hasn't stopped CNG from continuing with Single Again so far. Should he abandon this project just because a few people don't like the new designs (and for the most part criticize them more objectively than the people who can't stand Frank), then CNG should consider whether creative work or generally something where you have to expect criticism is something that is for him. This may sound harsh, but we live in a society where we are constantly judged and criticized and only through objective criticism can grow times and not by the fact that one permanently patted the hand.

I like Single Again, I like the portrayal and the inner conflict of Frank, but the new designs, which for me personally seem more like someone trying to steal the plot and designs from CNG, just don't catch me.

Reactions: Old Fart Having Fun

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Yeah I have to say that if these are the new models they will probably ruin this for me. Abby was cuter prior to this, more plump and innocent looking and she had a slightly larger chest, Becca got a major chest reduction, there is no way she can fit Franks junk between those now, Beth just doesnt look like Beth anymore, and Lily doesnt look right either. They are all just off all the way around. Doesnt make any sense to change the models this late into the project.

**TheNebula**

Jan 3, 2019
It is a VN though , and as much as people can connect to a story that is the same for the visual aspect of things thats why it doesnt make sense to change models when the development is very good under way when the following got connected to both . That makes it more then understandable that people might have issues with that .
Then also theres liliths longing which is completed were the models would look considerably different to the main VN/game.
Will the dev completely change the renders there too then and waste time on that , in a way he should as for people new to the VN and people who just discovered both VNs will struggle with that as loads of people might find the visual aspect even more important that the story line . Depends from person to person , each have their own.
I personally find both very important , story and visually .
I do think though that people should give it a chance and see for themself as it might not be as bad as first thought .
Will see if it personally will bother me a lot or not when i see the following update , it might not we'll see :)

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
While I might like the previous models better its not a game changer for me, its a good entertaining story, and the girls are still very cute. To lose a good thing over such minutia seems foolish to me. I just hope CNG keeps to their consistancy of development... I would hate to lose such a good game/vn over trivia

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
While I might like the previous models better its not a game changer for me, its a good entertaining story, and the girls are still very cute. To lose a good thing over such minutia seems foolish to me. I just hope CNG keeps to their consistancy of development... I would hate to lose such a good game/vn over trivia
I'm more or less in the same boat, it seems like the cng is aging them up, either because he didn't want younger looks nay more or he felt time has passed enough for an change in look...

I don't hate the new ones, just feel like they're much sharper which makes them look older than i think they should be. Abby's especially noticiable consider how plump and cute she looked before.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
I'm more or less in the same boat, it seems like the cng is aging them up, either because he didn't want younger looks nay more or he felt time has passed enough for an change in look...

I don't hate the new ones, just feel like they're much sharper which makes them look older than i think they should be. Abby's especially noticiable consider how plump and cute she looked before.
I realized that I started the novel quite recently (Feb 2022) and probably didn't get a chance to see the "original" images versus the ones seen now so I cannot say one way or the other. I just cannot imagine being so critical over the images that I didn't create. The images are good and the story is good so I enjoy what is there.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
I realized that I started the novel quite recently (Feb 2022) and probably didn't get a chance to see the "original" images versus the ones seen now so I cannot say one way or the other. I just cannot imagine being so critical over the images that I didn't create. The images are good and the story is good so I enjoy what is there.
Chapter 1 has the older models, and chapter 2 has the newer models.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think the main issue is the change as such. If the newer model was first and the older came after, probably just as many complaints would come about her plumpness. It is just that you get to know a character. And it is different to many TV things - which sometimes work - because it is the same role. That can also work but it'll need getting used to.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Honestly I feel like the new models look enough like the old models that I'm largely okay with them, personally. My understanding is that the Dev updated their version of their 3D art software, and couldn't get the characters to look exactly the same. I have to imagine that there are several benefits to using the newer version of the software, and that's why they updated.

My understanding is that they didn't do it because they *wanted* to change the models, so, it's even less of an issue for me. I'm going to keep enjoying this VN, because to throw away something I enjoy for an unintended consequence, seems silly. Of course, I also don't hate the new models, and I know others have stronger feelings about them than me, so it won't seem as silly to them, I'm sure.

Reactions: pgm_01

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Weird software if it can't even reproduce the same look of the previous version. It's not like changing from Maya to Blender or something.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I don't mind Abby getting new look. We'll get used to it as we got used to older model, which was somewhat weird looking compared to almost all other games in the site. The lesbian pair was almost unrecognizable, with those two I liked older models better, so those could perhaps use some work more. But other girls were pretty much the same as they were before.

What I'm looking most from the next update is seeing the new house, and how moving there affects the story.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
One House, 3 girls, 3 brothers and the MC. There a multiple options where this is supposed to go. Not sure i like either of them.
What are you referring to by the "3 brothers" part? The only brothers that have been introduced were the two brothers in the law office and they won't have any relationship part to the story. Also, the house doesn't (yet) have the two other girls living there. Aside from the three "sisters", there is also the female married couple and Meiko (the cute Japanese daughter of long ago friends.

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
What are you referring to by the "3 brothers" part? The only brothers that have been introduced were the two brothers in the law office and they won't have any relationship part to the story. Also, the house doesn't (yet) have the two other girls living there. Aside from the three "sisters", there is also the female married couple and Meiko (the cute Japanese daughter of long ago friends.
If i remember correctly, there are 3 brothers, but the oldest one was excused because he had other things to attend to. They would go somwhere but come back in 2 months or something like that. It's been a while since i played the scene. From here it is easy to make connections where things are supposed to go. MC couples the brothers with the sisters and marries Meiko or something like that.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: BTLD

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
If i remember correctly, there are 3 brothers, but the oldest one was excused because he had other things to attend to. They would go somwhere but come back in 2 months or something like that.
If you are talking about the brothers who's sister was driving when the MC first wife wad killed, they still aren't any significance to the story. They were all of a minute during the law office scene but nothing to do with the relationships between MC and his girls.

Reactions: Kingkyrule
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes