Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
Because it's completely normal and unsuspicious to model and introduce new characters that will have no significance to the story? And make it 3 rich brothers indifferent ages on top of that? I don't think so.
I mean we can always see what happens in future parts but as of right now, there is absolutely no indication that the brothers were introduced to be part of the relationship. Even if they were, it would be poor writing as Becca was written in as the ine who has been in actual lobe with the MC for five years now and to suggest she might get herself involved with anyone else for any reason poorly shows the love she would have. I could see Lilly possibly but it was already stated that she is the type that hates cheaters and once she falls for someone she is nothing but that person and she has now completely given herself to the MC. That just leaves Abby but I think it's clear that they will have MC take her virginity and she will be absolutely in love with him as well. .... but again, we'll see.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Weird software if it can't even reproduce the same look of the previous version. It's not like changing from Maya to Blender or something.
Not that weird actually. After all, this kind of software usually isn't meant to be downwards compatible (i. e. you can load older stuff) because usually you stick with one program for the project. It may be possible to get a closer approximation than we see here but may be complicated, especially since it wasn't a one version jump. I guess it would not be possible to recreate Morrowind characters in more modern programs as an example.

Because it's completely normal and unsuspicious to model and introduce new characters that will have no significance to the story? And make it 3 rich brothers indifferent ages on top of that? I don't think so.
Actually, yes, I think so. I could name dozens of games where minor characters like waiters are modeled, get a small throwaway scene (ogling an LI as an example) and never appear again. Obviously only CNG knows what is planned but I am with Rjlonewolf here, the way the story has gone so far it would make little sense - and, as you yourself feel may very well also not be welcome with quite some portion of the playerbase.

Reactions: isotope and Tavi13

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well um yeah. An imagination is a great thing but I can't say that I or anyone I converse with is seeing these um theories of yours (not a single one of them).

*POP!* I really do understand where you are getting these ideas. This ain't that type of vn and I don't see it changing towards anything you suggest...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
@Spfjolietjake Who do you converse with about my theories? :rolleyes:
It wasn't about you, sorry to disappoint but about where the vn is headed story wise. None of us came up with anything close to your thoughts. :rolleyes: all you want the ideas are still whack as they don't fit this narrative or feel...

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
If i remember correctly, there are 3 brothers, but the oldest one was excused because he had other things to attend to. They would go somwhere but come back in 2 months or something like that. It's been a while since i played the scene. From here it is easy to make connections where things are supposed to go. MC couples the brothers with the sisters and marries Meiko or something like that.
What you infer my Man is pure unadulterated Sacrilege. To suggest such a thing gives me night tremors. I may need to seek mental help to cope with this hideous accusation,

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Wow; take a few days off of the forums, and come back to.....whatever that theory is.

It is an interesting mind exercise but there is nothing in the story pointing towards it, and I'm not buying it in the slightest.

1 - Not that type of game. That would be 100% pure *enter those three war starting letters here* by anyone's definition of them. We can, and have, argued about whether someone having a past counts as *that*, but there would be no debate if something like that occurs now.

2 - This isn't intended as sarcastically as it sounds, but there is really no other way to put it.
In any type of story, written/vn/graphic comic/screenplays, there are side characters that are necessary for the storyline. You talk about the 3 brothers, which we only saw two of, but why not the lawyer as well? Or Meiko's parents (forgetting their name at the moment); dad seems a bit picked on, maybe he wants to be the filling in a Meiko/Abby sandwich while the mc "calms" mom down a bit? Lets not forget our friendly waiter from the first dinner with Becky & Abby...or Bob....anyway...
Just because you see someone in a scene, especially a scene created to explain a sudden financial windfall or that moves the story along, doesn't mean they are magically part of the main story.

It is way more likely that we will see the sister that is responsible for Jess's death, than see the brothers again.

I'd keep going, but this is long-winded enough.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
The three brothers own the House that they have given MC the key for to use at will. They are currently away because they are busy with other things, but they will come back in 2 months or so. I am forgiven to think that this sounds like more than a throwaway side character, but hints towards events in the future involving the three brothers. Anyway. It is just a theory. It's not like I want this to become true ... but it's rather new to me how people start arguing how wrong i am without even checking the facts. Am i the only one who had this scene in his play through?

@Raboobie I was on about him using the "we all" strategy because he lacked an actual argument. Me personally and the people that I converse with are intelligent enough to understand this without further explanation.
See what i did there? Still no? Too bad.
I'm pretty confident if you go back and check it was the keys to a beach house that was given to Abby by their dead mother in her will, so very little to zero chance of them being involved.

But running with you logic of the dev taking the time to develop these characters that are more than just "throw aways" for that one scene, I'm curious to your theory on how does the lawyer fit in? Where is he going to live and which of the girls will he go for? I mean the dev spent just as much time and effort developing him and writing him in, he must have some further roll right?

Also don't forget 'ol Bob Ross too, he's also running off for a year and letting Becca and Lilly live in his place, so he'll come back in a year and move in with them? Just how are Becca and Lilly going to move in with the 2 sorry 3 brothers if they're too busy living it up in Bob Ross's place while he's away for a year?

As for you concern about Spf's use of "we" you do realise that a fair number of regulars on this forum are members of a bunch of different discords where we do discuss these games and often not just the one the discord is dedicated to. Several of those I have people that have 3,4, 5 other servers in common with, so his comments about we are very likely plausable and don't just refer to this one thread.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
The three brothers own the House that they have given MC the key for to use at will. They are currently away because they are busy with other things, but they will come back in 2 months or so. I am forgiven to think that this sounds like more than a throwaway side character, but hints towards events in the future involving the three brothers. Anyway. It is just a theory. It's not like I want this to become true ... but it's rather new to me how people start arguing how wrong i am without even checking the facts. Am i the only one who had this scene in his play through?

It has been a while for me. Could be that i am totally wrong here. But i actually had a better feeling if you people would argue with the things that are actually said in the game and stop telling me stuff about your vibes and feelings and how you think the world is supposed to work.

@Raboobie I was on about him using the "we all" strategy because he lacked an actual argument. Me personally and the people that I converse with are intelligent enough to understand this without further explanation.
See what i did there? Still no? Too bad.
I think you missed the part where the brothers signed their ownership over. Only the sister had to sell her share of the home. The house is completely owned by the MC and Abby now. There is not yet any indication that the brothers will be returning.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I'm pretty confident if you go back and check it was the keys to a beach house that was given to Abby by their dead mother in her will, so very little to zero chance of them being involved.

But running with you logic of the dev taking the time to develop these characters that are more than just "throw aways" for that one scene, I'm curious to your theory on how does the lawyer fit in? Where is he going to live and which of the girls will he go for? I mean the dev spent just as much time and effort developing him and writing him in, he must have some further roll right?

Also don't forget 'ol Bob Ross too, he's also running off for a year and letting Becca and Lilly live in his place, so he'll come back in a year and move in with them? Just how are Becca and Lilly going to move in with the 2 sorry 3 brothers if they're too busy living it up in Bob Ross's place while he's away for a year?

As for you concern about Spf's use of "we" you do realise that a fair number of regulars on this forum are members of a bunch of different discords where we do discuss these games and often not just the one the discord is dedicated to. Several of those I have people that have 3,4, 5 other servers in common with, so his comments about we are very likely plausable and don't just refer to this one thread.
I think you missed the part where the brothers signed their ownership over. Only the sister had to sell her share of the home. The house is completely owned by the MC and Abby now. There is not yet any indication that the brothers will be returning.
he either wants to see some NTR and looks for excuses to happen or is trolling best thing to do is ignore him :D

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
They're not completely outside the story, they're the vehicle for giving Abby and the MC some extra money. They don't need to be anything more than that to be worth having in there.

Edit: Oh, and giving them the house, I'm sure that'll be a significant plot point.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Weird software if it can't even reproduce the same look of the previous version. It's not like changing from Maya to Blender or something.
can unless engine used doesn't work with older models.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Sshh don't tell him about our secret Single Again Theory without Pop and Soda club. He is not ready for the knowlege.

Remember the first rule of SATWPS is we don't talk about SATWPS!
Donuts next time... with sprinkles
:censored: from now on

• Haha
Reactions: BTLD

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I must have indeed missed this part. As i said, it has been a while since i played this scene and i only remember parts of it. Okey then, guess the brothers are a throwaway part then.
Yep; you are misremembering that part....the house is his/theirs. The older brother has "right-of-refusal" if Frank decides to sell it....i.e. he gets to make the first offer on it, before it goes on the market, but that is it.

I'm not saying the brothers won't be seen again, they are friends with Beth(?...think that's the one mentioned) after-all, but there are no ties to the house or the girls. Just characters that helped the story.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Yep; you are misremembering that part....the house is his/theirs. The older brother has "right-of-refusal" if Frank decides to sell it....i.e. he gets to make the first offer on it, before it goes on the market, but that is it.

I'm not saying the brothers won't be seen again, they are friends with Beth(?...think that's the one mentioned) after-all, but there are no ties to the house or the girls. Just characters that helped the story.
yes, one of the brothers went to school with Beth, and that is why she was introduced to Frank when she was looking for a new apartment.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
yes, one of the brothers went to school with Beth, and that is why she was introduced to Frank when she was looking for a new apartment.
Thanks! I couldn't remember if it was Beth or her partner (I can never remember her name), and was feeling too lazy to go and check.

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
A little disappointed that a lot of chapter 1 was flashbacks and dream sequences with Frank struggling to get around his feelings. Then chapter 2 was so short. Am I ever going to get to fuck Abigail? I mean damn talk about frustrating.

Love the character models and their personalities. Great job there. Just wish the internal monologue when it comes to Frank would start taking a back seat when it comes to the story telling.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
A little disappointed that a lot of chapter 1 was flashbacks and dream sequences with Frank struggling to get around his feelings. Then chapter 2 was so short. Am I ever going to get to fuck Abigail? I mean damn talk about frustrating.

Love the character models and their personalities. Great job there. Just wish the internal monologue when it comes to Frank would start taking a back seat when it comes to the story telling.
I hear you, buddy. Francis can be a lot to deal with for sure.

Reactions: fyl3toys
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes