Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The update image that's floating around here somewhere in the thread shows, in addition to the update progress information, that there will be side stories to all three sisters.
Yep. All sisters will have a side story and are indeed shown on the progress pages Rjlonewolf

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I think the mc will always have in the back of his mind (depending on where he lives) many states have a law that if you were ever caretaker or "in loco parentis" that person is legally speaking off limits to you forever. That being said as long as the girls are on board and no one films anything, he's cool. the state can't prove anything, but that doesn't mean he won't worry about shannon finding out, after all she is already pissed about divorce settlement and won't be any happier if she finds out about the will... she will do whatever she can to screw him once her daughters leave her for him. all she needs do is make the acusation and the authorities must investigate even if only cursorily. That can be a problem, one bedrooom for both him and abbey ... step daughters living a few doors down???

code991

Aug 21, 2021
I think this is a big part of what makes this game likable compared to the majority of "Uhh daddy, is this our new home? -> Throw in some nudes, call it a day and never get past 0.1" games. It has story, some depth and somewhat believable characters including character developement.
It definitely adds to the realism, something that is normally a 'must-have' for me, but it does get tedious af after awhile.
Oh yeah i totally get this and in fact like this aspect of it. Most games dont try to make it seem a bit more realistic which sucks

Im all for making it more realistic, believable BUT there is a good way of doing it, a bad way of doing it and then there is the OVERKILL way of doing it (its still a bad way of doing it). I think we can all guess which way this went.

If this was done better, this would have been probably one of my favorite games (almost ... i dont like the art style .... whats with Beth for example? She looks like a zombie ... also Abby looks weird sometimes)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think the mc will always have in the back of his mind (depending on where he lives) many states have a law that if you were ever caretaker or "in loco parentis" that person is legally speaking off limits to you forever. That being said as long as the girls are on board and no one films anything, he's cool. the state can't prove anything, but that doesn't mean he won't worry about shannon finding out, after all she is already pissed about divorce settlement and won't be any happier if she finds out about the will... she will do whatever she can to screw him once her daughters leave her for him. all she needs do is make the acusation and the authorities must investigate even if only cursorily. That can be a problem, one bedrooom for both him and abbey ... step daughters living a few doors down???
As I've mentioned earlier in the thread. Once both parties are of legal age there is no state in the USA which has any laws preventing intimate sexual contact between step relations. They can marry in all states excepting Virginia.

Reactions: fyl3toys

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
wrong, ohio and pennsylvania both have a provision stating if you were ever"in loco parentis" you cannot have carnal relations, its in place to prevent grooming little girls if they are foster or step kids.

Reactions: Tavi13

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
but we don't know where they live ... and also we don't know where the beach house is either and I'm guessing the beach house will soon be renamed the harem house....

code991

Aug 21, 2021
(unrelated to the discussion above, sorry)

oh for fuck sake ... now he's complaining for the gift they got from the lawyer ... COME ON DUDE, take a pill, chill!!

This is so frustrating haha

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Yep. All sisters will have a side story and are indeed shown on the progress pages Rjlonewolf
Bummer. There really is no need for side stories for all the girls. Either the story is important enough to make it into the main game or it's not worth taking time away from the main story to waste on side stories.

With all the activity on this thread lately I'm beginning to feel like I missed out on an update or something.

Reactions: isotope and code991

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Chapter 1 was all about him getting over his hang ups with Lilly and Becca. He has now got past that when he set boundaries with Lilly (which does include when they can be together) and made the decision to sleep with Becca. His internal struggle with them is dealt with. The only conflict is Abby because he doesn't want to do anything to lose her. He still isn't over losing Jessica and Abby is the closest thing he has to her. Its hard for him because he is a good father, even though technically he isn't related to any of them. Chapter 2 starts the day after he slept with Becca and she told him she wants them all to be his wives. There is a massive step between thinking of someone as a daughter to thinking of them as your wife. Frank is basically being groomed by Becca at this point.

(unrelated to the discussion above, sorry)

oh for fuck sake ... now he's complaining for the gift they got from the lawyer ... COME ON DUDE, take a pill, chill!!

This is so frustrating haha
"Sorry about my sister killing your soul mate and not caring about killing her, here is some cash." Wouldn't you be pissed at that? I know I would. Your partner's life had a price tag?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Well, at least with Becca (the extent of her manipulations and where she had her fingers in the pie) and the development of Lilli I think side stories were or are relevant. How far it is relevant for Abby remains to be seen.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Bummer. There really is no need for side stories for all the girls. Either the story is important enough to make it into the main game or it's not worth taking time away from the main story to waste on side stories.

With all the activity on this thread lately I'm beginning to feel like I missed out on an update or something.
Not necessarily. The story is told from Frank's perspective, it is his narrative. He isn't around for the girls all the time. The side stories give us the girl's perspective. It would be weird to shift who is telling the story for a long section. Lilly's side story was all to do with her thoughts and feelings. That is why she got a side story. I'm not saying we need a side story for Mei, or Beth or anyone else, but the main trio, yeah, I want to explore their thoughts and feelings.

Reactions: Jace_Herondale

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Not necessarily. The story is told from Frank's perspective, it is his narrative. He isn't around for the girls all the time. The side stories give us the girl's perspective. It would be weird to shift who is telling the story for a long section. Lilly's side story was all to do with her thoughts and feelings. That is why she got a side story. I'm not saying we need a side story for Mei, or Beth or anyone else, but the main trio, yeah, I want to explore their thoughts and feelings.
Exactly. I for one want to know what was "PS" in that note that Abby wrote.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I agree that the story is shown from Franks perspective so it would have been hard to show it from Lilly's. Maybe I'm just too hung up on the 3 letter tag which is what that whole side story was for me. I could see the point showing her change and thoughts and feelings, but then there is no need to show her fucking her ex's. Putting in those scenes negated any good the side story did. It sucks because Lilly is my favourite of the lot, but I felt screwed if I played the side story and screwed if I didn't because stuff in the main story doesn't make as much sense.

The only thing I'll concede is it makes sense with Lilly because it's such a dramatic shift in her, from vocally hating him to riding him almost over night. The other girls don't have that drama or need for explanation. Becca's already explained to him that she's had the hots for him for years, almost since he married Shannon if I recall. Abby too has made her feeling pretty obvious. There is no need to show or explain them further.

Again the dev time could be better spent in my opinion at least progressing the story and progressing the character change in Frank so there is less hand ringing than showing Becca's thoughts or feelings, which she's made abundantly clear.

Reactions: isotope

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
After a review of incest laws and "void or fictitious marriages" by states, over half of the states in the US indicate "step" as a prohibited relationship for sexual conduct. Most of the laws do not specify that the law only applies to minors but age 16 and above which would include this situation. That considered... the MC has every right to worry about legal ramifications and the fact that the girls are over 18 is irrelevant. That aside, as long as they are all consenting adults and keep the activities and relationships in the house, even if the ex-wife gets suspicious and causes an investigation, if there isn't any proof and none of the girls admit, they won't get into trouble. However, I would immediately delete all inappropriate messages between all of them on their phones such as the pictures and direct statements as they could be used as evidence if anyone got a subpoena for the records.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Making step incest illegal is well-intentioned in principle, but in practice, you would have to build a prison wall around the entire state of Alabama.

Reactions: fyl3toys

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
wrong, ohio and pennsylvania both have a provision stating if you were ever"in loco parentis" you cannot have carnal relations, its in place to prevent grooming little girls if they are foster or step kids.
Oh? Okay. Find me the law. Because I looked at all the states before I made my post. If you read the law you'll find that it doesn't apply to relations between legal adults. You are correct that the law is to protect minors, but various court decisions make it clear that step adults can do as they please.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
oh I hope not...we don't need 4 side stories to bop our harem, we already have becca (bestgirl) without a sidestory... I am all for side stories but not as a prerequisite to carnal activities.
We didn't have to wait for Becka's side story. So it's perfectly reasonable that we won't need to wait for Abby's. Lily was a special case, with a history that probably required some clarification. That's not the case with Abby.
My reasoning is partially timing (Abbys side story is in production), but mostly that there is a Lilly problem, and the most obvious way to solve it is if Abby catches Frank and Lilly in flagrante, which I think would make a nice mirror to "You're a dead man Frank"

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
In , incest is legally allowed provided that one party is not a parental figure to the other party. in other words frank is going to the whosecow...

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
In , incest is legally allowed provided that one party is not a parental figure to the other party. in other words frank is going to the whosecow...
I'm looking for a link to the law. Because I am certain that in the case where both parties are adults and it is a step relationship you are incorrect.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
Oh? Okay. Find me the law. Because I looked at all the states before I made my post. If you read the law you'll find that it doesn't apply to relations between legal adults. You are correct that the law is to protect minors, but various court decisions make it clear that step adults can do as they please.

This is a state by state account for incest laws. It shows the specific law for each state and a brief overview allowing for further research into exact terms and situations. The first state, Alabama, indicates that a relationship, to include a sexual activity, with a stepchild or stepparent is considered incest. It does not indicate any age limits meaning even adults apply. Also, I have personal knowledge of Las Vegas, Nevada having such laws as a person I knew is currently in prison as it is a felony due to having a relationship with his stepdaughter and both were adults. Again, not all states have the step clause and some specify if someone is under a certain age, but there are laws. Feel free to review the document I linked as it was a great reference source.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes