UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for the link. I'll spend time with it.
I'm looking for the reference that I used the last time this came up. Once I find it and compare it to this I'll respond. Turns out that upon review my prior comments were in a different incest thread so it may take some digging... LOL
Might take a couple days.

One of the issues with case law is that a prosecutor can decide to "forge" a new interpretation of existing law and literally create a violation where none previously existed.

Anyway I have some reading to do and I need to resurrect my earlier reference.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
Thanks for the link. I'll spend time with it.
I'm looking for the reference that I used the last time this came up. Once I find it and compare it to this I'll respond. Turns out that upon review my prior comments were in a different incest thread so it may take some digging... LOL
Might take a couple days.

One of the issues with case law is that a prosecutor can decide to "forge" a new interpretation of existing law and literally create a violation where none previously existed.

Anyway I have some reading to do and I need to resurrect my earlier reference.
You're welcome for the link. There are, of course, many other complications. For example, how long a person is considered a step relative such as cases where marriage didn't occur (i.e. dating a person with kids but never marrying), whether adoption occurs or not, did the two people ever meet as the suggested relationship (married a person with offspring but never meeting them and then meeting them at a much later point and potentially after a divorce severs the relationship), and as in this case, would incest laws which include steprelatives still apply after a divorce where that relationship link has been severed? This is why I chose not to go to law school.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
They're hockey fans, specifically supporting the Royals. Of several hockey teams named "Royals" that I could find, only one is in the US, and the rest are in Canada, so you all might be looking around a little too far south with your legal searches.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleFredo

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You're welcome for the link. There are, of course, many other complications. For example, how long a person is considered a step relative such as cases where marriage didn't occur (i.e. dating a person with kids but never marrying), whether adoption occurs or not, did the two people ever meet as the suggested relationship (married a person with offspring but never meeting them and then meeting them at a much later point and potentially after a divorce severs the relationship), and as in this case, would incest laws which include steprelatives still apply after a divorce where that relationship link has been severed? This is why I chose not to go to law school.
Yeah. The law is a murky place. It's controlled by language that is intentionally not straight forward so that the priests (oh sorry I meant to say lawyers) can argue in cant while the rest of us struggle to understand.

The medieval peasants had it right."First we kill the lawyers". That said, while I hate your lawyers I love my own. How screwed up is that?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
They're hockey fans, specifically supporting the Royals. Of several hockey teams named "Royals" that I could find, only one is in the US, and the rest are in Canada, so you all might be looking around a little too far south with your legal searches.
The area code for the law firm that is handling the house etc is in Canada. So probably Canadian law applies, but of course we don't really know.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
The area code for the law firm that is handling the house etc is in Canada. So probably Canadian law applies, but of course we don't really know.

According to Canadian law, step isn't included. Incest is specifically the inclusion of a "blood" relative which includes half. So Becca and Lilly could be. We'll see if they have any fun together.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
well I really wasn't thinking about a becca lilly hookup being actionable incest but I guess it is...

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
I do enjoy this game as it does remove the actual blood relationship between MC and other girls. I am not actually into incest really. But I do like how this is going. I enjoyed another VN called Thirsty For My Guest and it was awesome because the MC has two girls (so far in the story) who are not blood related but call the MC daddy because they have actual daddy issues and it's great. Plus the novel makes fun of itself and breaks 4th wall and just all out hilarious. What I am curious about is the idea that so many of these novels/games indicate that a person of 18/19 doesn't have the freedoms of other adults and are still required to be under a parent's authority. The VN Dating My Daughter is a big example. I have been around the world and though there are many cultures where a person of that age is still honor bound to their family, legally in those countries they are still adults and free to make their own choices. Does anyone have a location where this element is applicable?

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Just to put it out there, while there are a significant number of vocal people that hate "Frank's whining" there have also been a number of posts in this thread supporting its continuation, so those stating "everyone feels the same way" about it are misleading people. However, it's not an uncommon way to feel about it.

I personally enjoy the internal conflict, and hope it doesn't just suddenly go away. I like seeing Frank struggle with the morality of the situation. It's almost like a reverse corruption game, with the MC being the target of the corruption. It has enhanced, rather than detracted from my enjoyment of the game.

It really shows how crazy about the MC the girls are, to put up with his hesitancy, to do what they're doing to wear down his resistance slowly, which makes things more exciting in some ways, for me.

Anyway, this is not anything against the people who don't like it - you like what you like. I just wanted to reiterate that it's not the only opinion on the subject of people on the forum.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Just to put it out there, while there are a significant number of vocal people that hate "Frank's whining" there have also been a number of posts in this thread supporting its continuation, so those stating "everyone feels the same way" about it are misleading people. However, it's not an uncommon way to feel about it.

I personally enjoy the internal conflict, and hope it doesn't just suddenly go away. I like seeing Frank struggle with the morality of the situation. It's almost like a reverse corruption game, with the MC being the target of the corruption. It has enhanced, rather than detracted from my enjoyment of the game.

It really shows how crazy about the MC the girls are, to put up with his hesitancy, to do what they're doing to wear down his resistance slowly, which makes things more exciting in some ways, for me.

Anyway, this is not anything against the people who don't like it - you like what you like. I just wanted to reiterate that it's not the only opinion on the subject of people on the forum.
I 100% agree with this. It is one of the few games where the playable male lead character is the one being groomed by the LIs, specifically Becca. It is the story of a guy who has excellent morals being corrupted by the girls around him. It makes a nice change to the thousand other "Male MC seduces the ladies in his care" stories.

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
It is one of the few games where the playable male lead character is the one being groomed by the LIs, specifically Becca. It is the story of a guy who has excellent morals being corrupted by the girls around him.
I actually agree with this. It really adds to the depth of the characters and makes their actions that much more exciting. However there is such a thing as beating a dead horse when it comes to internal conflict turning into a slog and removing some enjoyment from the player.

Some conflict is good. It helps to define the characters struggle. But a never ending diatribe of "what am I doing?" or "what's wrong with me?" can turn into a bore and lead to indifference on the part of the player.

I do really like this game by the way. I have high hopes for it. Just ready for more story/less conflict at this point.

But yeah...to each their own. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
I actually agree with this. It really adds to the depth of the characters and makes their actions that much more exciting. However there is such a thing as beating a dead horse when it comes to internal conflict turning into a slog and removing some enjoyment from the player.

Some conflict is good. It helps to define the characters struggle. But a never ending diatribe of "what am I doing?" or "what's wrong with me?" can turn into a bore and lead to indifference on the part of the player.

I do really like this game by the way. I have high hopes for it. Just ready for more story/less conflict at this point.

But yeah...to each their own. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
The first part of Chapter 2 is only two days after he had sex with Lilly for the first time, and the day after he slept with Becca for the first time. The "what is wrong with me" is gone in Chapter 2, and he is setting boundaries for when and what he does with Lilly, and he is the one that chose to have sex with Becca. She gave him an out and he didn't take it. The only real conflict now is Abby, and with her it is completely believable that he is conflicted. He still hasn't got over losing Jessica, and Abby is the only thing he has of her left. He doesn't want to lose her and as such will deny what he wants in order to keep her. She is going to have to flat out tell him before he does anything.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
The first part of Chapter 2 is only two days after he had sex with Lilly for the first time, and the day after he slept with Becca for the first time. The "what is wrong with me" is gone in Chapter 2, and he is setting boundaries for when and what he does with Lilly, and he is the one that chose to have sex with Becca. She gave him an out and he didn't take it. The only real conflict now is Abby, and with her it is completely believable that he is conflicted. He still hasn't got over losing Jessica, and Abby is the only thing he has of her left. He doesn't want to lose her and as such will deny what he wants in order to keep her. She is going to have to flat out tell him before he does anything.
I think we'll still see the occasional bouts of guilt with Lilly and Becca, but they're going to dwindle as he gets used to the new normal that he's mostly accepted, but I agree that Abby is a different subject altogether and that's going to take more time.

Another different subject is Meiko, for whom the guilt comes from a different source or two - 1) He's still worried her parents are forcing the relationship on her, and 2) He's rightly worried how she's going to feel about his other women, and how Becca might warp her mind to make her accept them.

So I think we'll have some more hand wringing over Meiko too, especially since she's new to the game.

I also agree that a lot of people don't realize just how little time has past in game, when they're looking at the fact that he's "still" struggling with everything.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes