Oct 21, 2019
Europe is a big continent. I am living in Europe. What does that mean exactly?
If you compare it to the rest of the world it's actually quite small. I wouldn't count on playing the new update today. What I remember from previous updates is that it was released somewhere after I went to sleep and it was shared on here sometime the day after.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The more I think about it, the more the internal monologue makes sense.

This poor guy went through hell in a very short amount of time, and he literally has no one he can talk to about anything at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'd be talking to myself non-stop as well.

I might even check myself in to the nearest psych-ward for a bit, just to get a break from it all.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
And let's not forget that
- he caught his now ex-wife in flagrante delicto with her ex-husband.
- His ex-wife wanted to pull a fast one on him during the divorce proceedings and accused him of abusing his daughters and mistreating them.

Accordingly, I agree with you completely. Frank definitely needs a friend he can confide in and not try to set him up.

XMFR64

Mar 5, 2017
And let's not forget that
- he caught his now ex-wife in flagrante delicto with her ex-husband.
- His ex-wife wanted to pull a fast one on him during the divorce proceedings and accused him of abusing his daughters and mistreating them.

Accordingly, I agree with you completely. Frank definitely needs a friend he can confide in and not try to set him up.
Such as a sexy shrink once a week ?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think a sexy shrink would only complicate things for Frank. Apart from that, it would only fill up the potential LI window even more and I'm already of the opinion that every additional lady in the updates would only "steal" screentime for the core LIs and Meiko.

I'm thinking more of a confidant who doesn't judge Frank but just listens and talks him through things without wanting to get in his pants or anything (yes I'm thinking of Becca). Sort of a "male buddy version of Becca" , only without the kinkiness.

Reactions: Tavi13

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It seems as if the Dev. is subconsciously asking forgiveness through the MC to the Patreon Gods. This is not the first platform that this whining technique is used when actual or implied Incest is used. Oh woe is me I don't know what I am doing, oh what have I become. It's intellectually insulting. Man up and accept what you put your name to and stop allowing for a spineless MC.
"Manning up" however has to do with how you deal with stuff happening towards the outside. Nobody can turn their internal conscience on or off at will. And this is internal monologue, he is not telling it, we just see it. And thoughts/regrets/insecurities are a thing people may have even years after a fact, even if they intellectually know that they are not at fault at all. Especially if people around you will act as if you're doing wrong (the specific people don't do it here but society as a whole does). Also by the way, "manning up" is about facing challenges not ignoring them and pretending they do not exist.

So I'd argue that it is realistic that MC has second thoughts and may have them for years to come, maybe for the rest of this life. But as with other realistic stuff the question is "does it serve the story?". After all, a stomach flu is realistic but if it does nothing for the story we don't want 25 lines of the game exploring it in detail. And this will be a matter of taste. You may not want to see this internal dialogue because you'll see the game as an escape and would see no need to explore every consequence of the actions taken (just like we usually don't want to see how many people fall by the wayside seriously harmed in an action movie - blow the evil guy up and we celebrate). You might want to play a character who does not have that kind of second thoughts. Or you might like some insecurity because it may make a character more relatable, also because it may be another story about overcoming an obstacle - this time internal.

And personally, while I wouldn't mind having it turned down by 10% or so, and Francis might also show a bit more activity in dealing with the stuff than just pondering about it, I am happy that in some games the character isn't a Marty Stu type "perfect guy" who can do no wrong, who will not be questioned (or if he was the question would clearly be wrong). There's enough of them in other games out there to enjoy, and I do enjoy some of them, but sometimes some variation is welcome to me.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think that conventional therapy would work on Francis. I kinda want the butch partner of the lesbian couple to become Frank's BDSM mistress. If he feels like a naughty boy and he needs to be punished she can give him what he needs. Even though she doesn't like dick, she strikes me as the type to deeply enjoy having power over a man. It might even be edifying for her to spank, step on, berate, and deny the guy who is fucking her wife. Then Lilith could find out about it when she walks in on it like she always does and punch him in the other eye.

Reactions: submissive -Ben83

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Such as a sexy shrink once a week ?
A sexy anything is literally the last thing he needs.

He'd be better off with a 90 year-old, male, panhandler that doesn't understand the language and just lets him vent while nodding.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
"...does it serve the story?..."
Exactly, and this does serve the story. It is a major part of what makes this a story, rather than just another "gotta-screw-them-all" clicker.

I also agree that I would love to see it toned down a bit but, as I have said elsewhere, I'm not a writer. I have no clue if it could be toned down, and still have the impact that it does on the story.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
A sexy anything is literally the last thing he needs.

He'd be better off with a 90 year-old, male, panhandler that doesn't understand the language and just lets him vent while nodding.
Even though they created him just to give Becca and Lilly a place to live, he really needs to get reacquainted with Bob again. He seems fairly open and understanding. He wouldn't judge.

Reactions: Tavi13

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
At this point my greatest concern is Rebecca. She is way too manipulative. Scary actually. If I was the MC I would be way more worried about her. She has already demonstrated she will do what she wants to get what she wants regardless of what the MC says and will find a way to justify her actions after the fact. Seems to me she is trying to establish a matriarchy with herself at the top and MC at the bottom. I do not envy him that if it is her true intention.

Reactions: code991

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
At this point my greatest concern is Rebecca. She is way too manipulative. Scary actually. If I was the MC I would be way more worried about her. She has already demonstrated she will do what she wants to get what she wants regardless of what the MC says and will find a way to justify her actions after the fact. Seems to me she is trying to establish a matriarchy with herself at the top and MC at the bottom. I do not envy him that if it is her true intention.
She's stated several times, and shown it through actions in some cases that she very much wants to be beneath the MC in the hierarchy.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes