PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
So sad. The next update will kill this game. Those new models suck.
While I understand there are several people here that hate the new models a lot, I don't think they're going to kill the game. We have someone from the discord saying that the Patreons on there aren't really complaining about them at all, and they're certainly not going to keep me from playing the game. The girls still look good, even if they're not the same, in my opinion, and I'm enjoying the scenario more than their specific looks, so I'll keep playing.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
While I understand there are several people here that hate the new models a lot, I don't think they're going to kill the game. We have someone from the discord saying that the Patreons on there aren't really complaining about them at all, and they're certainly not going to keep me from playing the game. The girls still look good, even if they're not the same, in my opinion, and I'm enjoying the scenario more than their specific looks, so I'll keep playing.
My only problem is with Abby. She had that unique chubby charm to her that now is gone. Others are mostly fine.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
On a more positive note, I've been thinking about how to explain "Kay" in a way that makes some sense within the plot:

It started with Abby's mother. At some point, Abby started too. At some point in a future update, Frank then asks Abby where she picked it up. In the course of the conversation, it comes out that Abby's mother also had this tendency, which could possibly be illuminated with a little story about her.

With this story one could also explain the "kay" of the sisters: The two of them picked it up from Abby and used it at some point. We know that Lilli's and Becca's mother still holds a grudge against the long dead Jessica and maybe this "kay" is something she strongly associates with her hated rival. This could then also give the problems between Lilli and her mother more depth.

Meiko, on the other hand, may have simply copied it from Jessica at some point, after all, she was a regular customer and I think a good friend of Meiko's parents.

So basically: Jessica was the "patient zero" of the whole "kay thing".

Reactions: WiderWays

**TheNebula**

Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for the answer, I don't really hang out much dev's discords.
As for the old models, yeah it had a certain charm. It's like it was on the edge of two things that if leaned into heavily would have looked possibly ugly. A delicate balance.

The new model, eh it's the character alright but it misses something that the old models had.

Kinda curious about that tho: don't fix what isn't broken and all. Wonder why he did.

I really don't understand that either , his art was uniQue , stood out .
The game had good traction and following , why change something that everyone was content with .
Abby looks generic now and a lot less radiant which is a shame ...

Random06776

Jul 21, 2020
Shorter hair: probably dev's preference but also longer hair is a nightmare in animations (you can actually witness that in quite a few games where ponytails don't move at all or similar)

General changes: apparently CNG upgraded the Daz3d version he is using and cannot recreate the old models perfectly.
That actually explains it quiet well, so it's moreso of technical reasons. Then it's a shame that they can't be recreated as well. We'll see how it goes, if the patreon supporters aren't bothered by it then good for the dev, just kinda unfortunate but just gotta roll with it.

Sep 26, 2019
I don't think pointing to how devoted his patrons are is proof of anything. Dual Family and Milfy City still have a lot of patrons. There are certain people who will stick by these games regardless of how terrible they become. Also, most people aren't even aware of the changes yet because the update isn't out. It was just the banner ad and a few renders in game, mostly just the textbox portraits, in the last update. I voiced a similar opinion here when that update came out. I came back to find out if it's the whole game and it's permanent, and people have confirmed it is. Once everyone else finds that out too, it will get a lot noisier.

The new models look like they belong in Thirsty For My Guest. Totally clashes with the game and the characters to have plastic bimbos when before they had a wholesome, down to earth aesthetic. There have been too many games that tried to change things mid development and it really hurt them. I really like this one the way it was. To me this sucks a lot.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

The new models look like they belong in Thirsty For My Guest. Totally clashes with the game and the characters to have plastic bimbos when before they had a wholesome, down to earth aesthetic. There have been too many games that tried to change things mid development and it really hurt them. I really like this one the way it was. To me this sucks a lot.
I liked the original Abby too. Hell, I liked all the girls. We're consuming a work in process, not a released product. CNG, for their own reasons, determined it was important to their product to rework the girls appearances. Whatever weight was given to the opinions of those of us, patrons or pirates, that are playing the VN today, it wasn't enough to out weigh CNG's perception of what would improve the end result when the VN is completed.

Why did they do it? Pretty simple, they decided it would make the end product better. We can disagree with that assessment, but it's solely up to CNG.

Reactions: Cartageno

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I don't think pointing to how devoted his patrons are is proof of anything. Dual Family and Milfy City still have a lot of patrons. There are certain people who will stick by these games regardless of how terrible they become. Also, most people aren't even aware of the changes yet because the update isn't out. It was just the banner ad and a few renders in game, mostly just the textbox portraits, in the last update. I voiced a similar opinion here when that update came out. I came back to find out if it's the whole game and it's permanent, and people have confirmed it is. Once everyone else finds that out too, it will get a lot noisier.

"Kill the game" to me indicates that it's going to lose support and as a result stop being developed, that's why my comments pointed out that it's got plenty of support and people who will play it.

I'll allow that "kill the game" could have meant "it will ruin my personal experience" in which case, yes, loyalty to the game wouldn't make a difference in this.

Sorry if I misunderstood the original comment, but in the sense of the game stopping I don't think we're in danger of that.

Reactions: Cartageno
Sep 26, 2019
I liked the original Abby too. Hell, I liked all the girls. We're consuming a work in process, not a released product. CNG, for their own reasons, determined it was important to their product to rework the girls appearances. Whatever weight was given to the opinions of those of us, patrons or pirates, that are playing the VN today, it wasn't enough to out weigh CNG's perception of what would improve the end result when the VN is completed.

Why did they do it? Pretty simple, they decided it would make the end product better. We can disagree with that assessment, but it's solely up to CNG.
Obviously it's their choice, never said or implied otherwise. That doesn't mean it's not a mistake. Again, most people, patrons and pirates as you put it, are still probably unaware of the wholesale changes because the update isn't out yet, so their choice based on the weight of those opinions was uninformed. They're not just being funded to, at some point, create a finished product. They're selling discrete installments of a serialized story. That's the patreon adult vn business model. People are paying them for what it is while it's being made, not for what it will be once it's completed. To think that making massive changes to characters that their supporters and fans have grown attached to won't have an impact is naive.

"Kill the game" to me indicates that it's going to lose support and as a result stop being developed, that's why my comments pointed out that it's got plenty of support and people who will play it.

I'll allow that "kill the game" could have meant "it will ruin my personal experience" in which case, yes, loyalty to the game wouldn't make a difference in this.

Sorry if I misunderstood the original comment, but in the sense of the game stopping I don't think we're in danger of that.
I think it could do both. It's happened to other games before. Just wait till it releases and people see what has become of it. I have very low expectations for the future of this vn at this point, which is something I never would have thought before the last update.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Obviously it's their choice, never said or implied otherwise. That doesn't mean it's not a mistake. Again, most people, patrons and pirates as you put it, are still probably unaware of the wholesale changes because the update isn't out yet, so their choice based on the weight of those opinions was uninformed. They're not just being funded to, at some point, create a finished product. They're selling discrete installments of a serialized story. That's the patreon adult vn business model. People are paying them for what it is while it's being made, not for what it will be once it's completed. To think that making massive changes to characters that their supporters and fans have grown attached to won't have an impact is naive.

I think it could do both. It's happened to other games before. Just wait till it releases and people see what has become of it. I have very low expectations for the future of this vn at this point, which is something I never would have thought before the last update.
So before you make assumptions about how many people are unaware you might want to look at how many views there've been of this thread and its VN. I'll leave you to look, but it's a lot. Everyone who played the initial version of CH 2 has seen most of the changes to the girls. Just check out the initial starting screen. That Abby is not quite the coming Abby but pretty close. Plus we have no insight into how CNG surveyed the reaction to the changes they've made. Eventually it will sort out and we'll see the result.

Don't misunderstand me. I prefer the girls original appearance. That said, if my first exposure to them was the new models, I would like them. When the VN completes and it's released, as you've pointed out, the new appearance of the girls will be the only appearance that most consumers will know. I suspect they'll like it quite a lot.

das1234

Feb 10, 2017
That actually explains it quiet well, so it's moreso of technical reasons.
i dont think this was it, i think it was phrased like the new versions would have better expressability and make some assets usable with more of the models because some of them were already new.
also CNG wrote that the old version of the rich blonde chick looked like a zombie, so he changed her to a quite different-looking one. So he definitely changes stuff due to taste.
now i thought the old facial expressions were just fine, i dont think why he could not just continue with the old models and use new ones in his next game but whatever.
i think in the chapter 1 touchup there was even a cg where suddenly the MC looks completely different for 1 scene. feels like shades of george lucas to me. even if these changes are good (i think some are), changing partway through is just bizarre for a VN.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
My only problem is with Abby. She had that unique chubby charm to her that now is gone. Others are mostly fine.
I am hoping that in the game new Abby looks better than in the few renders we've seen. Maybe with better lighting, it won't be so different from her original appearance.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Ugh... I'm really not happy about the change. I fell in love with Abby exactly as she was... it doesn't even look like the same girl any more. :'(

I came back to this thread to see if there was an update since it's been awhile and this was not the surprise I was looking for.

azureflamex

Dec 17, 2020
I guess I won't be downloading it anymore then :/. The new models are just awful, they looked perfect before. Now they ruined that charm that Abby had which is sad, because I loved how she looked before :(

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I guess I won't be downloading it anymore then :/. The new models are just awful, they looked perfect before. Now they ruined that charm that Abby had which is sad, because I loved how she looked before :(
She was just about the only reason I played it. Everyone else was just filler to get to the scenes with her. She had that unique innocent charm about her that seems totally lost in her new model.

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Okey, so. Wasn't there an update planned this month or is the dev offended now because no one likes the new abby?

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes