Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
Yes, but there was no indication Shannon was cheating on Frank in recent times either, until he caught her in the act by coming home early.
Just to be clear, the timing of Becca's birth is close but doesn't necessarily overlap during the time that MC and Shannon were first dating.

MC and Shannon dated from when MC was 14/15 until an undisclosed time. We know that MC and Jessica were still in high school for an undisclosed amount of time before Jessica graduated and moved to go to University. We know that after an undisclosed amount of time, Jessica showed up on MCs porch as a pregnant woman and that a few weeks later, MC proposed to Jessica.

What this means is that if we took the minimal amount of time passing, Becca is 21/22 and Abby is 19 which means between 2 and 3 years apart. If MC and Shannon broke up thier final year, and Shannon moved away and met the biodad for Becca and Lilly and got pregnant right away, then Jessica was away for college about 2 years before getting pregnant with Abby.

If Jessica got pregnant with Abby only a few months after starting college, Becca would have already been born 2/3 years before and that would place Shannon getting pregnant while MC and her dated. Since she was not visibly pregnant during the break up, and since she had to move away suddenly and not speak with MC for many years later, Becca could be MCs daughter, but could also indicate that Shannon had cheated on MC (maybe even with the biodad of Lilly) and didn't want the big scene of MC finding out about the cheating and pregnancy.

Although, despite the MC having many inner monologs about morality, he is a pretty smart person. If I broke up with a girl in high school and didn't see her again until about 8 years later and she conveniently has an 8 year old daughter, the first thing I will do is to get a validation from the girl if the child was mine.

Lastly about this subject, why would Shannon hide or lie about Becca's biological father if it was in fact MC when they started dating again and got married? I understand why she wouldn't say anything between MC catching her cheat and the finalizing of the divorce. But it makes no sense why she wouldn't say, "by the way, Becca is your biological daughter I was pregnant when we broke up so now you have to support us/her"?

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Lastly about this subject, why would Shannon hide or lie about Becca's biological father if it was in fact MC when they started dating again and got married? I understand why she wouldn't say anything between MC catching her cheat and the finalizing of the divorce. But it makes no sense why she wouldn't say, "by the way, Becca is your biological daughter I was pregnant when we broke up so now you have to support us/her"?
How long ago that was? Wasn't Becca already adult by then, so no need for child support.

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
How long ago that was? Wasn't Becca already adult by then, so no need for child support.
When MC and Shannon dated the second time and got married, Becca was only about 9 years old. When I say support, I mean that if MC was Becca's real father, she would have used that fact to ensure either the MC married her or at least provided her with child support. As for the time around the divorce, she would intentionally withhold that information to trybto prevent a relationship between MC and Becca.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Just to be clear, the timing of Becca's birth is close but doesn't necessarily overlap during the time that MC and Shannon were first dating.

MC and Shannon dated from when MC was 14/15 until an undisclosed time. We know that MC and Jessica were still in high school for an undisclosed amount of time before Jessica graduated and moved to go to University. We know that after an undisclosed amount of time, Jessica showed up on MCs porch as a pregnant woman and that a few weeks later, MC proposed to Jessica.

What this means is that if we took the minimal amount of time passing, Becca is 21/22 and Abby is 19 which means between 2 and 3 years apart. If MC and Shannon broke up thier final year, and Shannon moved away and met the biodad for Becca and Lilly and got pregnant right away, then Jessica was away for college about 2 years before getting pregnant with Abby.

If Jessica got pregnant with Abby only a few months after starting college, Becca would have already been born 2/3 years before and that would place Shannon getting pregnant while MC and her dated. Since she was not visibly pregnant during the break up, and since she had to move away suddenly and not speak with MC for many years later, Becca could be MCs daughter, but could also indicate that Shannon had cheated on MC (maybe even with the biodad of Lilly) and didn't want the big scene of MC finding out about the cheating and pregnancy.
Just a few things, though:
  • The character bio says Rebecca is 23 years old, and the main story itself starts on "Thursday, March 30th" - 15 days after Rebecca's birthday. Her birthdate places the date of conception at early June the year before.
  • The flashback from Frank's room is dated as "July, 22nd. Twenty four years ago" (i.e. the year Rebecca was conceived), where Jessica comes to the room and tells Frank "You've had a month to sit around and mope."
  • This means that Shannon left abruptly in late June, about 3 weeks-ish after Rebecca was conceived. Less than a month from conception is way too early for a visible pregnancy, but it's enough to notice a missed period, and to take a pregnancy test. If this is the case, Shannon likely cheated on Frank just before moving away (given that Frank isn't pegged as her biological father, which would also be more in line with Patreon rules, unless there's a certain type of patch released to "correct" this).
  • Another possibility is that Rebecca was born prematurely (a preterm birth), which would be more in line with meeting Trevor (Shannon's first husband) while working at a fast food restaurant shortly after their move. This would be the only way he could be Rebecca's actual biological father (and not just Shannon "pinning the blame" on Trevor).
Shame? Hiding the truth? Shannon already had Trevor pegged as the father of both Becca and Lilly, and he is most likely already on Becca's birth certificate (in the same way Frank is listed on Abby's birth certificate), so changing the story now wouldn't look good on Shannon.

Also, by the time MC/Frank caught her cheating, both Becca and Lilly were adults, so any child support would be out of the question by this point.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Yes, but when they married it would be perfect time to say him
Shannon is conniving and manipulative. Since she wouldn't get anything 'extra' out of telling him, keeping it from him might let her use it at a later date or time as leverage for something. She wouldn't think about how it might make Frank feel better about his relationship with Becca, or vise versa. It would all be about whether or not there was something in it for her - based on what I've seen of the lady.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Shannon is conniving and manipulative. Since she wouldn't get anything 'extra' out of telling him, keeping it from him might let her use it at a later date or time as leverage for something. She wouldn't think about how it might make Frank feel better about his relationship with Becca, or vise versa. It would all be about whether or not there was something in it for her - based on what I've seen of the lady.
Also true, but when they meet after all those years wouldn't it be a perfect way to make him hers. I mean before they got married. it would perfect bargain chip for her.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Also true, but when they meet after all those years wouldn't it be a perfect way to make him hers. I mean before they got married. it would perfect bargain chip for her.
She might've been keeping it in her back pocket for if she needed it for that reason. He had been head over heels for her before, after all, and if she could keep it secret, it also gave her more leverage over Trevor, and the rekindling of the relationship clearly went rather smoothly - suggesting she might not have needed it.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Just a few things, though:
  • The character bio says Rebecca is 23 years old, and the main story itself starts on "Thursday, March 30th" - 15 days after Rebecca's birthday. Her birthdate places the date of conception at early June the year before.
  • The flashback from Frank's room is dated as "July, 22nd. Twenty four years ago" (i.e. the year Rebecca was conceived), where Jessica comes to the room and tells Frank "You've had a month to sit around and mope."
  • This means that Shannon left abruptly in late June, about 3 weeks-ish after Rebecca was conceived. Less than a month from conception is way too early for a visible pregnancy, but it's enough to notice a missed period, and to take a pregnancy test. If this is the case, Shannon likely cheated on Frank just before moving away (given that Frank isn't pegged as her biological father, which would also be more in line with Patreon rules, unless there's a certain type of patch released to "correct" this).
  • Another possibility is that Rebecca was born prematurely (a preterm birth), which would be more in line with meeting Trevor (Shannon's first husband) while working at a fast food restaurant shortly after their move. This would be the only way he could be Rebecca's actual biological father (and not just Shannon "pinning the blame" on Trevor).

Shame? Hiding the truth? Shannon already had Trevor pegged as the father of both Becca and Lilly, and he is most likely already on Becca's birth certificate (in the same way Frank is listed on Abby's birth certificate), so changing the story now wouldn't look good on Shannon.

Also, by the time MC/Frank caught her cheating, both Becca and Lilly were adults, so any child support would be out of the question by this point.
Shannon didn't meet Trevor until after she finished high school. Becca would already be on the way by then. She was probably getting child support from him and since Frank's job probably wasn't as stable as Trevor's, keeping Trevor on the hook for child support made more sense.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
1) The timing of Becca doesn't just point to when Frank and Shannon were dating, it points pretty close to the weekend from the flashback that Frank and Shannon spent having sex (which Abigail pointed out seems a bit weird to mention in a story supposedly about Frank and Jessica) Having said that, the weekend started with a large parents-away party, so even if that was when Becca was conceived, it could have been via hookup at the party.

2) I can absolutely buy that Shannon would keep Beccas parentage secret. If she really is a narcissist (and that's not just something that Becca said out of dislike), then she would only have told if there was something in it for her. If Frank was willing to be in a relationship with Shannon without knowing about Becca, that would be throwing away potentially valuable information

3) This is assuming that Frank never did the math. I can see it as an open secret that Frank and Shannon just never talk about in the presence of the girls, and after the divorce Frank did not want to jeopardize the relationships by dropping that bomb. If nothing else, Lilliths daddy issues would cause problems

4) It is possible that Shannon met Trevor before she started showing (the timeline in her bio is does not disallow the possibility that events overlapped enough that she was only a couple months along), but she would have to do some fast talking around Becca being apparently very premature. Personally, I think it would be better thematically if Trevor knew that Becca wasn't his, making him a mirror to Frank; Both were in the position of raising a kid that was not theirs, Frank chose to be a Dad, Trevor did not.

5) CNG could probably get away with fig leafing for Patreon. The story is already incestuous enough that Patreon wouldn't allow it if they cared about their content rules beyond the bare minimum.

Reactions: Iluvatar_SVK

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
I agree with all of this. As I said, there is no exact details yet saying MC is or MC definitely isn't. At this point, only a DNA test of parentage would be able to prove or disprove. Guess we'll just have to see.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Did you ever consider that Shannon may have entrapped Trevor into Marriage because she was pregnant saying that it was his. Giving her true manipulative nature it is not out of the realm of possibilities. That would mean that the truth would not come out willingly as it would paint Shannon as a Liar and a Narcissist would not expose themselves to that kind of scrutiny.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Patreon probably would care if someone pointed out the content, even as written. As others have pointed out, many places (including several states if not all the US) include 'step' relationships in the incest laws, and it becomes more about the power dynamic than blood relation, and Patreon seems to use the US systems as its guidelines. It seems like they only do anything once something's been reported, based on what I've seen of other games, however.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Ah, all this is very interesting but I still think that Francis is infertile, which is a boon to the human race because it would be a shame if he contributed to the gene pool. He has had a fairly active sex life with a fair number of partners and never slipped one past the goalie.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ah, all this is very interesting but I still think that Francis is infertile, which is a boon to the human race because it would be a shame if he contributed to the gene pool. He has had a fairly active sex life with a fair number of partners and never slipped one past the goalie.
You do know however that many people do that intentionally, and many others just have bad rolls on the pregnancy dice without there being some physical reason for it?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Something people are overlooking. Shannon got pregnant at 16. Her bio says she finished high school then got a job where she met Trevor. Since she left in June, she had to do at least one more year of high school. Becca would have to have been born before Shannon met Trevor. Given narcissistic tendencies, she probably only dated and married him for the money. She probably told him she didn't know who Becca's father was too. So, when they divorced he was on the hook for Becca's child support. If she admitted that Becca was Frank's couldn't Trevor sue her to get his money back?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrLKX

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Something people are overlooking. Shannon got pregnant at 16. Her bio says she finished high school then got a job where she met Trevor. Since she left in June, she had to do at least one more year of high school. Becca would have to have been born before Shannon met Trevor. Given narcissistic tendencies, she probably only dated and married him for the money. She probably told him she didn't know who Becca's father was too. So, when they divorced he was on the hook for Becca's child support. If she admitted that Becca was Frank's couldn't Trevor sue her to get his money back?
The actual wording in Shannon's bio is ambiguous, though. It doesn't say that she finished high school and then got a job:
"She finished high school and began working at a fast food restaurant, where she met her first husband Trevor."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't actually say that these events happened in sequence, which opens up the possibility that she started working at that fast food restaurant part-time, alongside finishing high school.

However, all of Becca's biological parentage is only speculation, and the real truth (in the story context) might be revealed later in the story, or in Becca's side story. We'll just have to wait and see.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
You do know however that many people do that intentionally, and many others just have bad rolls on the pregnancy dice without there being some physical reason for it?
Sure. And some (like me :mad:) roll a 20 every time and that is why I am completely plagued with daughters. But his swimmers don't swim. I think even he knows that.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
The actual wording in Shannon's bio is ambiguous, though. It doesn't say that she finished high school and then got a job:
"She finished high school and began working at a fast food restaurant, where she met her first husband Trevor."
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It doesn't actually say that these events happened in sequence, which opens up the possibility that she started working at that fast food restaurant part-time, alongside finishing high school.

However, all of Becca's biological parentage is only speculation, and the real truth (in the story context) might be revealed later in the story, or in Becca's side story. We'll just have to wait and see.
While I agree it is ambiguous, the way it is written is more in line with her getting the job after school. After all, it is a lot on her plate for someone to be pregnant then a teen mom, finishing high school, and working all at the same time.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes