trauts

Aug 12, 2018
there's a bug here in v1.16, picks095 is with beth not darla (how do you do nothing AND yet have sex?)
1656452864368.png
start132y and start132x sets different variables which may/may not impact the VN in the future
1656453792230.png
1656453811262.png
picks095 is in v0.09 where MC turns down BJ from beth
1656452972513.png
and picks042 looks like it's from the legal stuff with MC's ex

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Aaand, since we're already here (Whisky anybody?): yeah, I know about new models and stuff, and I will agree that it is noticeable (though my biggest worry is Beth - while she is looking better and it is successfully lampshaded in the game, she just ain't the old Beth anymore), can we spend a minute to talk about the real troubles this game has?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Tavi13

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
When did this redesign happen and can someone may give me a side by side comparison? I've played pretty much everything maybe a few early versions in the beginning, but I can't say that I've ever really noticed anything different besides different hair designs between scenes.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
When did this redesign happen and can someone may give me a side by side comparison? I've played pretty much everything maybe a few early versions in the beginning, but I can't say that I've ever really noticed anything different besides different hair designs between scenes.
You can see the difference with the portrait in the later part of the game. The dev never changed that back. Everything else though, the dev changed back to before so you wouldn't really see it.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, he changed it for all the portrait, I guess you can't do with just the portrait, but the oprtrait was the change, and the ones you see in game is the old, since he changed it back.

Last edited:

Catell

Oct 26, 2019
I'm sure someone in a previous comment posted images of the first ver models and the second ver models, just can't find it right now. It would still be missing the third ones though.

The changes in the models have been widely discussed before, so I'm sure you will find something in that regard if you scroll back and read some past comments.

Steppenwolf

Jul 30, 2017
there's a bug here in v1.16, picks095 is with beth not darla (how do you do nothing AND yet have sex?)
View attachment 1895700
start132y and start132x sets different variables which may/may not impact the VN in the future
View attachment 1895725
View attachment 1895727
picks095 is in v0.09 where MC turns down BJ from beth
View attachment 1895702
and picks042 looks like it's from the legal stuff with MC's ex
Yeah, I don't understand why the developer doesn't use variables with a meaningful name,
nor do I understand why the developer uses two variables for a single choice...

Every time I look at this code I get a headache. :FacePalm:

View attachment badcode_vs_goodcode.webp

:ROFLMAO:

testo2

May 5, 2018
I vote for introducing a new tag, "Loser MC" or something.

I'm done with this game I think. I got intrigued by some of the LIs, I wanted to heal Lilly as far as possible and I'm all for a slow burn, but I can't stand the MC anymore. I hate him with a passion. I played until MC tells Abby he's not her father. Up until that point I just assumed she knew, because you surely wouldn't lie to somebody about something like that well into their teens, right? Well, MC would, which is not surprising because he's the most passive, spineless, stupid and pathetic shell of a man I've ever seen as protagonist. His inability to do anything, even just get some clarity over his own feelings, is infuriating and a complete turn-off. At this point I'd rather see a scene of him dieing a painful death than a sex scene with a "daughter".

Moral of the story: Trust your gut. When you don't like the setting of a game or you can't stand the protagonist - just stop, even if some characters are intriguing.

[This is a subjective opinion and I realize other people see it differently. They are wrong.:p]

mrdhrrflu

Dec 15, 2021
I vote for introducing a new tag, "Loser MC" or something.

I'm done with this game I think. I got intrigued by some of the LIs, I wanted to heal Lilly as far as possible and I'm all for a slow burn, but I can't stand the MC anymore. I hate him with a passion. I played until MC tells Abby he's not her father. Up until that point I just assumed she knew, because you surely wouldn't lie to somebody about something like that well into their teens, right? Well, MC would, which is not surprising because he's the most passive, spineless, stupid and pathetic shell of a man I've ever seen as protagonist. His inability to do anything, even just get some clarity over his own feelings, is infuriating and a complete turn-off. At this point I'd rather see a scene of him dieing a painful death than a sex scene with a "daughter".

Moral of the story: Trust your gut. When you don't like the setting of a game or you can't stand the protagonist - just stop, even if some characters are intriguing.

[This is a subjective opinion and I realize other people see it differently. They are wrong.:p]
I agree with you there, the MC in this game has the emotional intelligence of a 3 years old. I can't count how many times I had to take a break from the game because I could not handle the MC anymore, it takes a toll on the game... But I like the game in general the plot is interesting, I'd like to see where it goes... I'll keep playing in small increments the way I do and hopefully the Dev will change the MC's personality a bit or at least create a system ability, or whatever, to change his personality according to your choices. Well one can only hope, but I get your point that you had enough of the game.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I played until MC tells Abby he's not her father. Up until that point I just assumed she knew, because you surely wouldn't lie to somebody about something like that well into their teens, right? Well, MC would, which is not surprising because he's the most passive, spineless, stupid and pathetic shell of a man I've ever seen as protagonist.
Not gonna argue your general feeling about this game, as you correctly state everybody has their own opinion (you're incorrect about whose opinion is correct though), but the question of "real fatherhood" is indeed handles very differently in real life for various reasons like social stigmata about the uncouth mother. You'd think that in Canada that shouldn't be a problem, but there may be certain Christian pockets where being adopted would mean something like lower status. Here we also have the problem that the mother has gone.

Granted, it doesn't feel like Frank's surroundings fit that bill, so it might not be as much of an excuse, but in regards to lifting the veil off adoption or fatherhood issues there ain't no one size fits all.

justaguy44

Jun 30, 2018
Just now getting around to playing the latest update, and MC is in the pool hall with his girls, waitress is the art model Maddison (sp?). So far, no way to stop the MC from thinking she's sexy, or showing interest. Please tell me the MC has a choice whether to pursue, because if not, think I'll have to stop playing this one. If the dev did this to cut down on story paths, NOT A FAN.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Just now getting around to playing the latest update, and MC is in the pool hall with his girls, waitress is the art model Maddison (sp?). So far, no way to stop the MC from thinking she's sexy, or showing interest. Please tell me the MC has a choice whether to pursue, because if not, think I'll have to stop playing this one. If the dev did this to cut down on story paths, NOT A FAN.
ofc it's a choice, game has plenty of choices which matter.

testo2

May 5, 2018
Not gonna argue your general feeling about this game, as you correctly state everybody has their own opinion (you're incorrect about whose opinion is correct though), but the question of "real fatherhood" is indeed handles very differently in real life for various reasons like social stigmata about the uncouth mother. You'd think that in Canada that shouldn't be a problem, but there may be certain Christian pockets where being adopted would mean something like lower status. Here we also have the problem that the mother has gone.
I agree with what you said regarding public knowledge, but my point is about Abby, and only Abby knowing about it. In my mind there is no world where you can have a strong, honest relationship with your adopted daughter and not tell her about it at least in her teens. Whether or not she wants to make that knowledge public is another point. But in my opinion she deserves to know, in part because of medical reasons -heritable diseases do exist. Or what if her bio-Dad found her on his own and told her? Or Shannon, she could have at least have a suspicion that MC is not the father, if she doesn't outright know and she'd probably love to hurt Abby and MC. The fact that MC only tells Abby about the adoption after her bio-Dad called him is just another instance of MC being stupid (not realising there had been a risk of the adoption being exposed before) and spineless (he doesn't care about her right to know, he just cares about how it'll affect their relationship).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I agree with what you said regarding public knowledge, but my point is about Abby, and only Abby knowing about it. In my mind there is no world where you can have a strong, honest relationship with your adopted daughter and not tell her about it at least in her teens. Whether or not she wants to make that knowledge public is another point. But in my opinion she deserves to know, in part because of medical reasons -heritable diseases do exist. Or what if her bio-Dad found her on his own and told her? Or Shannon, she could have at least have a suspicion that MC is not the father, if she doesn't outright know and she'd probably love to hurt Abby and MC. The fact that MC only tells Abby about the adoption after her bio-Dad called him is just another instance of MC being stupid (not realising there had been a risk of the adoption being exposed before) and spineless (he doesn't care about her right to know, he just cares about how it'll affect their relationship).
Very salient points you're making. The only defence for Frank I can muster is "she lost her mother, if I am not her dad she may feel like she's got nobody left" (I think we can agree that bio dad is a non entity). Gotta admit that that one's pretty weak once she hits her teens, since she should know how you feel by now, and that she can always rely on you.

Reactions: testo2

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
In my mind there is no world where you can have a strong, honest relationship with your adopted daughter and not tell her about it at least in her teens.
I have to disagree with this particular statement. I know several people that were adopted, that didn't find out until much later in life (2 in their late 20's, and another that got a real surprise when going through their deceased parents paperwork). I also know 2 that found out in their early/mid teens and kind of lost their shit....went off the rails for awhile.

I have no idea what any of their parents reasoning was for when they told their kids (or didn't tell them), but I can say that they did have a very solid relationship (or at least it looked that way to an outsider).
The ones that found out/were told when they were younger are the ones that it was a problem for.....maybe Frank was worried about something like that + keeping his promise to not tell.
He didn't need to worry, or even think, about it until it became an issue with the bio trying to make contact.

Reactions: MS686

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Jesus Christ Dev, enough with moral conflict already. I get that you're going for a sense of realism but the MC's resistance to... everything is going beyond tedious now, it's just straight up annoying. I've probably cut out more than half the play time on this game by just button mashing through the endless internal dialogue. It doesn't add anything anymore, it's just empty text because we've read it all before, it's been rationalized and explain over and over through the dreams and straight up conversations with Becca.

I don't mind slow burn games, not at all, but for over two years now, we've had to sit through. "Oh but she's my daughter...except she's not, but she is, but shes not" Like dude, you've already stuck your dick in two of them, plus a side piece. Just get on with it and stop whinging all the time, you fucking loser. You're literally living the dream and all you do whine about how wrong and unfair it all is. I'm not a fan of femdom at all, but this MC deserves to be collared and leashed since he can't make a decent decision to save his own life.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand setting up boundaries. Which is something that will probably have to be addressed in a better way in this game. The MC has told Becca on multiple occasions that he doesn't want her playing puppet master and pulling everyone's strings, and she kind of just tells him what he wants to hear and then just carries on. Though given the way the MC is, who can blame her since he has to be dragged kicking and screaming to bed with a beautiful woman who adores him. Can't really blame his wife for cheating on him anymore, since he needs to have an ethical debate with his subconscious over whether or not it's okay for him to take off his pants.

TLDR; This game could be hugely improved if we couldn't hear the MC's internal dialogue... By a considerable margin.

Edit; There are jokes and exagerations sprinkled throughout,please don't take everything at face value. Dev, if you happen to read this, I just want it, known. The game as a whole is really nice, and I don't expect the MC to do a 180 degree personality change. Just a little less time repeating internal dialogue.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Jesus Christ Dev, enough with moral conflict already. I get that you're going for a sense of realism but the MC's resistance to... everything is going beyond tedious now, it's just straight up annoying. I've probably cut out more than half the play time on this game by just button mashing through the endless internal dialogue. It doesn't add anything anymore, it's just empty text because we've read it all before, it's been rationalized and explain over and over through the dreams and straight up conversations with Becca.

I don't mind slow burn games, not at all, but for over two years now, we've had to sit through. "Oh but she's my daughter...except she's not, but she is, but shes not" Like dude, you've already stuck your dick in two of them, plus a side piece. Just get on with it and stop whinging all the time, you fucking loser. You're literally living the dream and all you do whine about how wrong and unfair it all is. I'm not a fan of femdom at all, but this MC deserves to be collared and leashed since he can't make a decent decision to save his own life.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand setting up boundaries. Which is something that will probably have to be addressed in a better way in this game. The MC has told Becca on multiple occasions that he doesn't want her playing puppet master and pulling everyone's strings, and she kind of just tells him what he wants to hear and then just carries on. Though given the way the MC is, who can blame her since he has to be dragged kicking and screaming to bed with a beautiful woman who adores him. Can't really blame his wife for cheating on him anymore, since he needs to have an ethical debate with his subconscious over whether or not it's okay for him to take off his pants.

TLDR; This game could be hugely improved if we couldn't hear the MC's internal dialogue... By a considerable margin.
Don't like the CNG's style? Find another game. It's that simple. Move on.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Don't like the CNG's style? Find another game. It's that simple. Move on.
You know what this thread is for? Talking about the game. Good and bad. At least I was contributing to the conversation, your comment on the other hand did not. So I'll give fire back with the same courtesy.

If you don't like my comment, move on. It's that simple. If you actually have something constructive to say, I'm more than happy to hear it, but don't try to silence people simply because they don't hold your same opinion.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes