Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
I read Shakespeare's monologues of the MC on the topic "2 beers or not 2 beers" - and suddenly I thought, and probably the MC from the "proud father" also went through this.
or not, his wife helped him get into the swamp of incest, a person whose opinion was significant for the MC. here, only the daughter tells him that his other daughter fell in love with him - these are slightly different weight categories.

yes, on the one hand, I want to exclaim "well, this MC is hysterical," on the other hand, I want to sympathize with him, because a dilemma is brewing for him - "to make his daughter happy" means to cross the moral boundary of "sex father with daughters"
poor father, his suffering is understandable. if you don't cross the border, you'll break your daughter's heart. and there is no one around to support him. he does not have a wife, like a "proud father". there is no Oliver (DMD) to cheer him up.
yes, rather, his situation is more reminiscent of DMD, where the father was also alone with his daughter and his doubts and without anyone's help - "get out yourself as you can."

well, almost without help, Oliver helped him a lot to sort things.
I hope a psychologist from the couple of women to whom he sold the apartment can help him more easily accept his fate as a father sleeping with his daughters.
They're not actually his daughters though.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
They're not actually his daughters though.
yes, you are right, they are genetically nobody to him - all three girls, he is a stranger to them. but they are in his understanding of the world are his daughters. his family. he treats them like daughters (even if he has a passion for them, which he simply keeps in check, not giving free will to passions) - but they are his daughters. from which he has all his troubles.

damn it, I see myself in it. oh no no I don't have adopted daughters, alas. but it's just that before when I was younger and dumber, I had to choose many times and I chose obviously guided by the wrong head. it would be better if I listened more often to what my lower head tells me - while I'm young, and the boner is wooden in the morning - I need to obey my "little brother" more often - he won't advise bad =)

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
yes, you are right, they are genetically nobody to him - all three girls, he is a stranger to them. but they are in his understanding of the world are his daughters. his family. he treats them like daughters (even if he has a passion for them, which he simply keeps in check, not giving free will to passions) - but they are his daughters. from which he has all his troubles.

damn it, I see myself in it. oh no no I don't have adopted daughters, alas. but it's just that before when I was younger and dumber, I had to choose many times and I chose obviously guided by the wrong head. it would be better if I listened more often to what my lower head tells me - while I'm young, and the boner is wooden in the morning - I need to obey my "little brother" more often - he won't advise bad =)
The girls have made it abundantly clear what they want and have no problem crossing that line. He knows this. If he can't see this from Abby as well he'd have to be a complete moron at this point... which, maybe he is, I dunno.

I mean, I get it. The writer wanted to add the internal struggle of his recent desires for them, hence the fairies. People get it already. He's conflicted. There's no need to keep readdressing the issue as it's only making the story monotonous. Also, it's Adult Fantasy Fiction so, it should be a fun story and not a lesson in moral dilemmas.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
The girls have made it abundantly clear what they want and have no problem crossing that line. He knows this. If he can't see this from Abby as well he'd have to be a complete moron at this point... which, maybe he is, I dunno.

I mean, I get it. The writer wanted to add the internal struggle of his recent desires for them, hence the fairies. People get it already. He's conflicted. There's no need to keep readdressing the issue as it's only making the story monotonous. Also, it's Adult Fantasy Fiction so, it should be a fun story and not a lesson in moral dilemmas.
"without a stupid MC there would not be a single VN" - this is the law of the genre. I understand everything. but to understand with the mind and understand with the heart are things of different matter, and I am sure that you understand this. =)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
When you're not vegan nor vegetarian (which I am not), there is no objective reason not to eat a well made St. Bernard's steak (local laws notwithstanding). Yet it feels wrong to me, even if you present a dozen experts who explain to me why it isn't.

Just because MC has explicit consent by everybody (which by the way is a good thing) doesn't mean those feelings go away.

Reactions: Elhemeer

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
When you're not vegan nor vegetarian (which I am not), there is no objective reason not to eat a well made St. Bernard's steak (local laws notwithstanding). Yet it feels wrong to me, even if you present a dozen experts who explain to me why it isn't.

Just because MC has explicit consent by everybody (which by the way is a good thing) doesn't mean those feelings go away.
no, well, yes, on the one hand, why not try it, but on the other hand, I personally would also prefer to refuse dog meat steak. if there is a choice then I would rather not eat dog meat. if there is no choice, then there is no choice, why not try, why not die of hunger, just because you don’t eat dog meat, right?

As they say, always put the cart behind the horse - and you will always arrive at the place you need. and most importantly, with all this, determine what is a horse and what is a cart, because, depending on the situation, roles can sometimes change, and then there will be much less problems.
you should always be able to sort things - this is a very useful skill in life. and then - you are unlikely to be manipulated, especially if you strive for honesty with yourself.

a typical object for manipulation often lies, and first of all, lies to himself and, as a result, is hypocritical, on which he can be caught and blackmailed (or manipulated, which is approximately the same or even the same, just written in different letters).

Reactions: DA22

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
screenshot0011.png
oh yeah, romantic dinner...

WHAT? *scratch record* with burgers and potato sticks? *surprised Benny Hill*
screenshot0010.png

however ... to be honest, it probably doesn't matter WHAT - it's important WITH WHOM ... and then - everything is alright.

but at first - yes - it was a pattern break. =) but - in order to see the truth of life more clearly - it is sometimes useful to break patterns ... thanks, author.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
For those who aren't on the CNG Discord, a quick progress update for the next version was posted yesterday:

1670285366649.png

As you can tell, no release date yet, but they've seemed to finished off all renders/animations for both 0.19 and 0.20, so "all" that's left, is to write the code and dialogue scripts.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
about newspeak question
What means "i like like her"?
i like her i know what mean but what mean doubled "like"? very like? i.e. almost "love her"?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
about newspeak question
i like her i know what mean but what mean doubled "like"? very like? i.e. almost "love her"?
To quote a song lyric: "like can lead to like-like, and like-like can lead to love". So yeah, you're not sure about the feelings, whether it is love or just a really good friendship, your interpretation of "almost love" works fine.

Reactions: ramvivat

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
about newspeak question
Like-like is a feeling between liking someone as a friend, or someone with platonic feelings, and loving someone. It's when someone starts to consider or have romantic feelings for someone. It's not as strong as love. Basically, it's when you have a crush on someone.

Reactions: ramvivat

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
So I'm playing through the main game, and I learned that there is a side story called Lilith's Longing. I don't know at what point the side story was released, so is there a non spoiler way to tell me when I should play the side story? Can I just play it after I get caught up on the main story, or is there a better place I should play it? Right now, I'm just after the part where the main character told Abigail that he's not her real father.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes