micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I don't care. The NTR tag is perhaps unique in that a lot of people will immediately ignore any game that has it. That means it needs better than a "well, technically..." argument for a game to be labeled with it, IMHO.
When people already did that with the Incest tag in this game I think its pretty fair to hold the rules to the rest of them as well. "well technically the incest tag says they don't need to be blood related to be incest" was already brought up given the recent update removes all blood ties between MC and the 3 sisters.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I mean, just the nature of him existing and the dialog between Lillith and Abby. Lillith saying how much she likes him, trying to get abby to say how "hot" he is. Their prior conversations about lilliths easygoing sex life with previous boyfriends. How she goes "all in" when she is in love with someone.
Does not seem to apply to me. Following that logic any non hideous male can give raise to NTR tag. The tag system is not perfect but people need to understand that they are overall premises. If you are too light to include it, any story will have all tags, rending the system useless.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Does not seem to apply to me. Following that logic any non hideous male can give raise to NTR tag. The tag system is not perfect but people need to understand that they are overal premises. If you are too light to include it, any story will have all tags, rending the system useless.
Idk, i would rather have all tags that apply..actually apply then skip on some because they "would ruin the growth of a game"

If a game has content that fall into the tags, they should be put on the game.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Idk, i would rather have all tags that apply..actually apply then skip on some because they "would ruin the growth of a game"

If they give it an NTR tag and Lilith breaks up with him off screen next update, they look like idiots.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Then, according to your comment about BF simply existing, unless MC is the only male in the story the tag should apply? Wow... that seems really useful (?).

By the moment the boyfriend appears MC is not interested in Lilith as a love interest and, specially, NTR is about the MC's love interest being stolen. Here it would be Netori, if anything, as it would be MC the one that is stealing lilith/making Lilith cheat on her boyfriend.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I mean, just the nature of him existing and the dialog between Lillith and Abby. Lillith saying how much she likes him, trying to get abby to say how "hot" he is. Their prior conversations about lilliths easygoing sex life with previous boyfriends. How she goes "all in" when she is in love with someone.
That would be people being overly sensitive. By that logic, than any game with any non-MC's males should get the NTR tag. MC isn't jealous at all, he is actively fighting his feelings towards his daughters and as of now he doesn't view then as romantic interests. It isn't "designed to cause jealousy" if MC isn't jealous about it.

In this update, she stood him up and canceled their date because MC asked her to watch over Abby. The BF is an unimportant side-character. I think it's likely Lil has him specifically so she won't act on her crush she has on Frank.

Reactions: Ayhsel

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Does not seem to apply to me. Following that logic any non hideous male can give raise to NTR tag. The tag system is not perfect but people need to understand that they are overall premises. If you are too light to include it, any story will have all tags, rending the system useless.
The tag system really needs a revamp, so many games have easily avoidable NTR but since they have the NTR tag people refuse to play them. I am sure this game could have a larger audience if not for that tag. Incest is a difficult one since F95's definition seems to be based on familial role more than on anything else. So I suppose this is incest based on that idea?

As someone who likes to see other male characters in the VN's (and has advocated for it) I'd hate for people to think that the mere existence of another male character is NTR.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Then, according to your comment about BF simply existing, unless MC is the only male in the story the tag should apply? Wow... that seems really useful (?).

By the moment the boyfriend appears MC is not interested in Lilith as a love interest and, specially, NTR is about the MC's love interest being stolen. Here it would be Netori, if anything, as it would be MC the one that is stealing lilith/making Lilith cheat on her boyfriend.
I'm just going by what the tags literal definition is on this site, not what everyone has there own definition of. the site has the tag listed as just,

Ntr [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]

Plain and simple.

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The tag system really needs a revamp, so many games have easily avoidable NTR but since they have the NTR tag people refuse to play them. I am sure this game could have a larger audience if not for that tag. Incest is a difficult one since F95's definition seems to be based on familial role more than on anything else. So I suppose this is incest based on that idea?

As someone who likes to see other male characters in the VN's (and has advocated for it) I'd hate for people to think that the mere existence of another male character is NTR.
Yeah I'm one of those people, if I see NTR in the tags, I'm out.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017

I've long been an advocate of splitting the tag into avoidable and non avoidable NTR, but its what we have to work with right now. You can absolutely have other male characters in games, acting lessons did a really, really good job with the MC's best friend. They let the player dictate how they wanted his relationships to go, and even let him end up with one of the love interests if the player was fine with it. Its just 99.9% of the time devs put in other males to fuck up relationships because most devs are incapable of writing actual conflict that doesnt involve sex with another dude.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017

I for one think that at least the NTR tag should be expanded as netorare or netori according to the game's plot and also if netorare is avoidable or not. That would make it more interesting knowing before hand and also no one would be asking whether NTR is avoidable or not and download accordingly.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
When people already did that with the Incest tag in this game I think its pretty fair to hold the rules to the rest of them as well. "well technically the incest tag says they don't need to be blood related to be incest" was already brought up given the recent update removes all blood ties between MC and the 3 sisters.
The incest tag fits in both letter and spirit. The NTR tag may arguably fit the letter, but it definitely doesn't fit the spirit. There's no reason to take a legalistic approach to tagging. What's the benefit? Is consistency more important than common sense?

(Also, the recent update did not remove any blood ties. The MC has never been related to any of the girls and this was revealed very early on)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah I'm one of those people, if I see NTR in the tags, I'm out.
There needs to be a tag for Avoidable NTR, maybe NTR:A or something. There are a few games where they easily telegraph the decision.

I for one think that at least the NTR tag should be expanded as netorare or netori according to the game's plot and also if netorare is avoidable or not. That would make it more interesting knowing before hand and also no one would be asking whether NTR is avoidable or not and download accordingly.
I don't know how many people would know the difference between the two. Personally I would like to see a split of that nature and the NTR:A for avoidable Netorare. There are quite a few neglected games that could find larger audiences if there was a distinction. Same goes for the Gay tag and the Rape tag. They are over applied.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I'm just going by what the tags literal definition is on this site, not what everyone has there own definition of. the site has the tag listed as just,

Ntr [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]

Plain and simple.
You've seen the explanations why there's an Incest tag and appear to not have the same level of pedantry regarding that definition.

Any reason for this?

Reactions: FrankFurters

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
does latest version have a missing scene?
MC talks about going to lunch with Rebecca and a few lines before also mentioned talking to Rebecca but after visiting Lilith, MC shows up at their apartment..
like... is there supposed to be a lunch with Rebecca scene that due to a wrong label gets skipped? or is it not even in the code and just being ignored?

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
You've seen the explanations why there's an Incest tag and appear to not have the same level of pedantry regarding that definition.

Any reason for this?
I mean, I said in a previous post i didn't think the incest tag applied anymore. Someone linked the actual rules on the tag and they were correct, given how its written it still applies so I dropped it. Not sure what you are talking about? And on top of that, if the game continues to have "incest" then the dev is in for a world of trouble from patreon.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I wasn't a huge fan of this update it's still a great game and the flashback was necessary in order to give contexts, but I have never liked flashback arcs, they tend to be overly drawn out. As a result the story didn't progress much. I think next update will Likely have more volume now that we got that out of the way.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes