cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Totally unimportant to anything and it might state it in the game and i just glossed over it, what age did Jessica have abby at? best i can figure she was between 14 and 16, i also missed if its mentioned if abby and becca are the same age. idk why but the scene with Becca, Madison talking about their ages complete derailed everything forever, and i might of just missed it somewhere with the others.
beccy is oldest 20+ and rest are 18.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
so i know beccy is 23 she says it in that dialogue chain, i guess whats confusing to me is if the dev goes by American drinking laws all 3 girls would be 21+ but ya if its by a different standard they could be drinking as young as 18 which could push jessicas age up to 21 by the time she had abby.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Both (Lilly and Abby) are 19. Their birthdays are December 3rd (Abby) and September 25th (Lily). As already mentioned, Rebecca is 23 (March 15th).

Since Frank and Shannon are both 39 and of a similar age to Jessica, it can be assumed that she was between 19 and 20 when she had Abby.

And it is generally assumed that the story is set somewhere in Canada. At least that's what some people here assume.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
so i know beccy is 23 she says it in that dialogue chain, i guess whats confusing to me is if the dev goes by American drinking laws all 3 girls would be 21+ but ya if its by a different standard they could be drinking as young as 18 which could push jessicas age up to 21 by the time she had abby.
Could be as low as 16, depending on the type of alcohol. But as previously written the story is set in Canada.

Reactions: Doxxi

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Totally unimportant to anything and it might state it in the game and i just glossed over it, what age did Jessica have abby at? best i can figure she was between 14 and 16, i also missed if its mentioned if abby and becca are the same age. idk why but the scene with Becca, Madison talking about their ages complete derailed everything forever, and i might of just missed it somewhere with the others.
As I recall, Jessica was away at college when she got pregnant; I don't recall anything about her going to college early, so probably 19-23. Almost certainly no younger than 18.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well abby and lilly aren't legal age to drink but that doesn't stop them (or daddy or becky giving them "few" sips), it's mix-up of yankeeland and maple syrup land.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I remember when the drinking age was 18. I missed being grandfather'd in by the skin of my teeth. When I did turn 21 we must've gone to every bar in town and nobody wanted to see my ID. I was miffed. :)
It was a different world then.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I remember when the drinking age was 18. I missed being grandfather'd in by the skin of my teeth. When I did turn 21 we must've gone to every bar in town and nobody wanted to see my ID. I was miffed. :)
It was a different world then.
yea and nowadays if looks young and buys alcohol might need to show papers and if has kids alongside then can't buy alcohol cause seller thinks that it's for kids not adult/s.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Their ages are given in the character bio. Becca and Meiko are 23, Lil and Abby are 19, as MrLKX said.

well abby and lilly aren't legal age to drink but that doesn't stop them (or daddy or becky giving them "few" sips), it's mix-up of yankeeland and maple syrup land.
While the dev didn't outright state "game is set in Canada" (as far as I know), everything points towards British Columbia - he's a fan of a BC hockey team (of course more Royals exist than only one, but that one is the only one I found to deserve the moniker "professional" and to be possibly shown on more major TV stations), the phone number of the lawyer (heritage) is Canadian, so pretty good signs. And I don't remember any mentioning that they would not be legal to drink, only dad being worried about their consumption, they certainly did get Whisky without a reaction at the pool hall (granted, the waitress was Madison, so not the type to make a fuzz), and in Canada at 19 it is (barely) legal to drink. And given that good old Frank can be quite the worrywart at times, I think we would have had a line of dialogue or a hundred if there were some restrictions to them drinking.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
As I recall, Jessica was away at college when she got pregnant; I don't recall anything about her going to college early, so probably 19-23. Almost certainly no younger than 18.
She got pregnant freshman year, no gap, so, presumably no older than 19.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
They are both legal drinking age: I think they're supposed to be in a Western province, so probably BC, legal age 19, or Alberta, legal age 18. Two other provinces are 18, while the rest are 19.

yea and nowadays if looks young and buys alcohol might need to show papers and if has kids alongside then can't buy alcohol cause seller thinks that it's for kids not adult/s.
Not sure where you got that. If the purchaser is of legal age and has a valid ID, even if others that appear/are underage are around, the law doesn't prevent the sale - a business may decide to not sell, but it isn't a law that I've heard. I hold a permit and update it every two years, so it's something I encounter. Also, you can serve a minor in much of the US if they are with their parent or legal guardian. Most businesses chose to not do so directly, but generally won't cause a fuss if the parent orders and then serves the minor themself.

tresson

Sep 17, 2017
It's pretty obvious the game is set in Canada.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Not sure where you got that. If the purchaser is of legal age and has a valid ID, even if others that appear/are underage are around, the law doesn't prevent the sale - a business may decide to not sell, but it isn't a law that I've heard.
yea business decides not to sell and same thing with non-alcoholic things or has a alcohol in name cause it "might" contain alcohol. not a law but could be since buyer won't be able to get beer etc.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not sure where you got that. If the purchaser is of legal age and has a valid ID, even if others that appear/are underage are around, the law doesn't prevent the sale - a business may decide to not sell, but it isn't a law that I've heard. I hold a permit and update it every two years, so it's something I encounter. Also, you can serve a minor in much of the US if they are with their parent or legal guardian. Most businesses chose to not do so directly, but generally won't cause a fuss if the parent orders and then serves the minor themself.
Makes a lot of sense to me. I mean obviously a business can always decide, out of their own preferences, not to do anything they consider "insecure", but when one person which is legally allowed to buy alcohol buys it and is in the presence of minors, not only should you be legally clear to sell, but it just might happen that the one person allowed to drink wants to drink while the others don't. And if they are buying for the juniors, they could just as well let them wait outside and pass it on to minors once having left the business - who's gonna control that?

Obviously this can be stretched so thin that you wouldn't sell, let's say a already well known character (ahem) comes in with some 12 year old, buys two bottles of Vodka, gives one to the kid saying "this is for you" and then next thing you hear that the kiddie was caught drunk in the park - well, certainly that gentleman wouldn't get anything from me any more. But that's a pretty constructed theoretical case.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And if they are buying for the juniors, they could just as well let them wait outside and pass it on to minors once having left the business - who's gonna control that?
nobody, i have been asked few times to buy alcohol to minors, once even just outside store.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
yea business decides not to sell and same thing with non-alcoholic things or has a alcohol in name cause it "might" contain alcohol. not a law but could be since buyer won't be able to get beer etc.
That's a bit of a word salad there...

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes