rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
The party could well be a red herring by CNG to throw us off track.

The problem is that the only things we know about Shannon's past from that time are the things Frank tells Abby. That means we're missing two potential things: Things Frank can't know (basically everything before he met Shannon and Jess or where he wasn't present) and things Frank doesn't think are relevant in a given situation because, again, he's missing information. And a girls' night out with Shannon and her clique would be one of those things, and secondly, I think it's totally conceivable that a 16-year-old (not just Shannon) and her friends would have done something like that from time to time. Again, how well Shannon tolerates alcohol we can't say, but again it would draw an interesting situation compared to her youngest daughter (who has inherited certain characteristics from her): Frank (and I mean Becca too) have drilled into Abby and Lilly that when they go out drinking, one drinks little to nothing to take care of the other. So in theory, without knowing it, Frank would have avoided a situation that Shannon had potentially ended up in.
Agree, Shannon's lack of control will hardly be higher then when she's sober... After few glasses she will be on her back very quickly... Even when she's sober it isn't hard to make he to spread legs...
Evidence: Even passive MC managed it... twice (before Jess and after)...

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
The dev decided to give us Fractured Fairy Tales at the end of october and probably he will give us single again at the end of November.

View attachment 3099291
I found it kinda funny that the CNG has all images / Videos for the next main game update and update after that. So that means he only has to write / code things down. Maybe he is burning out of writing the main story or needs time to think more where the story goes?

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
The dev decided to give us Fractured Fairy Tales at the end of october and probably he will give us single again at the end of November.

View attachment 3099291
I can't understand why Devs' start a second VN whilst still trying to put out the first... they stretch themselves too thin and the story gets drawn out to the point that you have forgotten what happened in the previous episode.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
The party could well be a red herring by CNG to throw us off track.

The problem is that the only things we know about Shannon's past from that time are the things Frank tells Abby. That means we're missing two potential things: Things Frank can't know (basically everything before he met Shannon and Jess or where he wasn't present) and things Frank doesn't think are relevant in a given situation because, again, he's missing information. And a girls' night out with Shannon and her clique would be one of those things, and secondly, I think it's totally conceivable that a 16-year-old (not just Shannon) and her friends would have done something like that from time to time. Again, how well Shannon tolerates alcohol we can't say, but again it would draw an interesting situation compared to her youngest daughter (who has inherited certain characteristics from her): Frank (and I mean Becca too) have drilled into Abby and Lilly that when they go out drinking, one drinks little to nothing to take care of the other. So in theory, without knowing it, Frank would have avoided a situation that Shannon had potentially ended up in.
Sure the party could be a red herring, but Shannon getting drunk and cheating at a party the audience doesn't know about instead of getting drunk and cheating at the party the audience does know about seems kind of pointless. If this were real life it certainly could have happened, but as a plot twist it lacks anything resembling a purpose.

Something that would actually work narratively would be something like Shannon was being abused by a family member/etc. while she was dating Frank.

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
This is not a second game. It's a companion piece to the main game
I realise that it is a side story but it seems that it has no real bearing on SA other than the MC dreaming about the girls as fairies so would be better to have this as a total separate project after SA is completed.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I realise that it is a side story but it seems that it has no real bearing on SA other than the MC dreaming about the girls as fairies so would be better to have this as a total separate project after SA is completed.
That's your expert opinion huh?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think potential abuse of young Shannon by family members is rather unlikely:

So far, there has only been one factor that has rudimentarily portrayed her in a good light: That she tried to be a good mom to Abby in the beginning.

Apart from that, all the events within the plot in which she has been involved have put Shannon in a very bad light.

Shannon is more or less the primary antagonist of the plot, even though she's been relatively inactive so far, and I'm pretty sure there's more to come with her.

I can only speak for myself here, but I think such an event would only fall into a similar vein as the Joker movie, where the whole scenario feels to me like it's more about giving the villain an excuse for the modus operandi so far.

And even if CNG does indeed put such a twist on her past, it would only make her an even worse person in my eyes: Blaming someone for doing something to her daughters that happened to herself only makes victims who actually had something like that happen to them less credible.

Personally, I hope she was just her parents' spoiled princess who was pushed away by her parents when she got pregnant and never forgave them for it.

Reactions: rudy007

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
[/QUOTE]

For your information below is an extract from a July 9th developer Patreon post that should clarify how the developer is handling the addition and balancing of content between SA and FFT. There has been a slight change to this in that the dev has already said that there will be an update to FFT in December with I presume another Xmas story so it might also become a place for the Holiday Specials.

"Since it's July it's time for the next Best girl poll (tm). A real one this time (Sorry Shannon fans). I'll also be making a little change to what happens with the winner. Previously the winner would get a sexy story told about them by Becca in the main game. But, we could run into a problem if say someone wins a bunch of times in a row or if there's no real way to fit in a story in that update. In that case the winner will still get a story but it'll be added to FFT instead of the main game. The poll will start in a couple days."

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
I think potential abuse of young Shannon by family members is rather unlikely:

So far, there has only been one factor that has rudimentarily portrayed her in a good light: That she tried to be a good mom to Abby in the beginning.

Apart from that, all the events within the plot in which she has been involved have put Shannon in a very bad light.

Shannon is more or less the primary antagonist of the plot, even though she's been relatively inactive so far, and I'm pretty sure there's more to come with her.

I can only speak for myself here, but I think such an event would only fall into a similar vein as the Joker movie, where the whole scenario feels to me like it's more about giving the villain an excuse for the modus operandi so far.

And even if CNG does indeed put such a twist on her past, it would only make her an even worse person in my eyes: Blaming someone for doing something to her daughters that happened to herself only makes victims who actually had something like that happen to them less credible.

Personally, I hope she was just her parents' spoiled princess who was pushed away by her parents when she got pregnant and never forgave them for it.
Agree with you there, but there is not much else that would make narrative sense for the party to be a red herring.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Agree with you there, but there is not much else that would make narrative sense for the party to be a red herring.
We may know more when Becca's side story arrives and Shannon, in an act of foolish desperation, may try to get Becca on her side with her biological father.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
We may know more when Becca's side story arrives and Shannon, in an act of foolish desperation, may try to get Becca on her side with her biological father.
If she knows her daughters at all (she's the sort of bitch who may have gone their whole lives without bothering mind you) she'd try to use the girls' dad on Lilly instead. :shrug:

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Have you played it? He has fairy dreams in the main game. Those are no fairy dreams?

Reactions: eltharion83

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
If she knows her daughters at all (she's the sort of bitch who may have gone their whole lives without bothering mind you) she'd try to use the girls' dad on Lilly instead. :shrug:
I would bet on not knowing them, with the story so far.

And as it would be too peaceful if nothing happened... My guess is that they will somehow know about the situation (with Becca and Lilly), and try to blackmail Frank. (Even if they are adults, banging both step-daughters would be pretty frowned upon in society.) That would fit her/them IMO.

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
That's your expert opinion huh?
Defensive much!? It was an opinion, your's obviously differs to mine and that's fine. It would be nice not to wait so long for the next update and when the current story (SA) was completed then a new story to look forward too. I have come across a few Devs that spread themselves too thinly by creating multiple games simultaneously and then get bogged down and end up crashing and none of them get completed. It would be a shame if that happened to this dev because he has a great VN.

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Defensive much!? It was an opinion, your's obviously differs to mine and that's fine. It would be nice not to wait so long for the next update and when the current story (SA) was completed then a new story to look forward too. I have come across a few Devs that spread themselves too thinly by creating multiple games simultaneously and then get bogged down and end up crashing and none of them get completed. It would be a shame if that happened to this dev because he has a great VN.
Did you write directly to the developer? If so, tell us what he wrote back. Because it's very easy to cry on the forum, but if someone were to directly ask the developer what's going on - why he didn't release his game within the legal deadline, then there will be a huge problem.
But if you haven't written to the developer, then there's no point in crying on this forum, because he won't read it here.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
For someone who's been here longer than me, you really don't know very much at all do you?

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
Totally unimportant to anything and it might state it in the game and i just glossed over it, what age did Jessica have abby at? best i can figure she was between 14 and 16, i also missed if its mentioned if abby and becca are the same age. idk why but the scene with Becca, Madison talking about their ages complete derailed everything forever, and i might of just missed it somewhere with the others.

• Angry
Reactions: Elhemeer
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes