Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Do devs know that moving heavy objects must be done with the back as straight as possible and good support on the legs?
There should be a disclaimer saying "dont lift heavy objects arching your back like in this cheap fanservice depiction, you will regret it when you are 40"

• Angry
Reactions: SpaceBall1

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Do devs know that moving heavy objects must be done with the back as straight as possible and good support on the legs?
There should be a disclaimer saying "dont lift heavy objects arching your back like in this cheap fanservice depiction, you will regret it when you are 40"
Ummmm?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Does Sesinho know that games don't have to be realistic?

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
Well, i see human beings, living in houses, speaking english. Why not making a game about chupacabras that have tantric sex and live in clouds and speak klingon, or esperanto then? do you want to keep the fallacy going or just accept some minor and valid criticism regarding fanservice used as filler?
We could talk seriously about the alternative which would be creating situations where you dont have to be facepalm cringy, and still put some asses in display. I mean the game is 18+

Sorry for having to explain the joke. :LOL:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Well, i see human beings, living in houses, speaking english. Why not making a game about chupacabras that have tantric sex and live in clouds and speak klingon, or esperanto then? do you want to keep the fallacy going or just accept some minor and valid criticism regarding fanservice used as filler?
We could talk seriously about the alternative which would be creating situations where you dont have to be facepalm cringy, and still put some asses in display. I mean the game is 18+

Sorry for having to explain the joke. :LOL:
I have no doubt that such a game actually exists somewhere. XD

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I guess it's also a lot easier to render a character bending at the hips and lifting an object than dropping to squat and lifting with the kneels.

but I at least we know his priorities, I mean never mind realistic looking characters, as long as the pick up heavy objects correctly we're all good.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
I guess it's also a lot easier to render a character bending at the hips and lifting an object than dropping to squat and lifting with the kneels.

but I at least we know his priorities, I mean never mind realistic looking characters, as long as the pick up heavy objects correctly we're all good.
Im not discussing technical stuff, cause depends on each one's workflow.
If the girls show off when the mc is not present, you know they do it for the player, which breaks the 4th wall. Thats how i see it.
If it was Remy lacroix bending, i would be ok with fan service, but 3d asses bending look aawwful as fuck 99.99% of the time.

Thats my opinion maybe im too old or something and care too much about storytelling and details and shit.

Melaphont

Aug 17, 2020
Good story, very enjoyable, definitely will be throwing money at it but I wish he would just go away for 6 months or so and come back with a massive update and let me buy the update. This story is less enjoyable in pieces.

Melaphont

Aug 17, 2020
Welcome to VN's ;)
Oh, I've been playing VN's for quite a long time. But I think we are getting to the point of saturation where lot of good devs will get lost in the shuffle because they are all following the same business model. We saw this with a lot of indie games on steam 6 or so years ago. The VN industry is going to have to adjust, imo, soonish or it will stay, mainly, a passion project for most. I think there is a lot of money being left on the table for people who decide to take more of a risk.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Good story, very enjoyable, definitely will be throwing money at it but I wish he would just go away for 6 months or so and come back with a massive update and let me buy the update. This story is less enjoyable in pieces.
I kind of do and don't agree. I love that games like Light of my Life drop once every 6 months with huge amounts of enjoyable content, but once you finish it you are left with that hollow feeling of knowing there is going to be nothing more for another 6 months. It's an especially bad feeling for games that like to end on a cliff-hanger.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Oh, I've been playing VN's for quite a long time. But I think we are getting to the point of saturation where lot of good devs will get lost in the shuffle because they are all following the same business model. We saw this with a lot of indie games on steam 6 or so years ago. The VN industry is going to have to adjust, imo, soonish or it will stay, mainly, a passion project for most. I think there is a lot of money being left on the table for people who decide to take more of a risk.
I think you kind of missed my point. what risks should they be taking exactly in your obviously superior knowledge? There are not 20 people working on them...they are 99% of the time a single person..and yes as a hobby. Even the actual so-called professionals (DPC, Philly etc still take 4+ months per update). So, you either get short updates every 4-6 weeks or a bigger update every 3 months or so. That cannot be helped. While making them is not terribly difficult, posing and rendering scenes is a huge time-sink. You decide which time format you prefer.

Reactions: MrFriendly

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
In the end shorter updates make more money than longer on average and does it really matter if you like long or short updates because if you like long updates than all you need to do is dont play for 6 months and you will have a long update and others get to play each month and everyone is happy.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
In the end shorter updates make more money than longer on average and does it really matter if you like long or short updates because if you like long updates than all you need to do is dont play for 6 months and you will have a long update and others get to play each month and everyone is happy.
A big advantage shorter updates have is they permanently remain in the public conscience, by the time we have talked that last update to death a new one comes out and the cycle continues. Where as longer updates the discussion fades out and can disappear before the next chapter rekindles interest.

As a patron to this game, I can say I'm satisfied with the content length and release schedule. I think cng has the balance about right.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes