Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@Mikey Mike
The advantages are on the consumer end. Unity is a difficult beast when it comes down to older and more outdated computers and after they stopped supporting anything related to WinXP and DX9 it had to be done.
You get an easier way of going through the story multiple times, as long as you don't delete the persistent data file or I don't change anything - there is a good chance that the latter will happen a few times during development.

On my end, it requires a different workflow and some serious patience when coding. My brain doesn't really bend the Ren'Py way, but I'm slowly getting the hang of the basics.

@Hoostevall
Yeah, I'm a Dane. Quite a few around here, in fact.

@envixer
Thanks for the offer, but I already have a proofreader. We're still figuring out the correct workflow when it comes to implementing the changes to the script, but we will get there.

Last but not least. Thank you all for the praise, and thank you for playing. Now go enjoy the weekend, like I'm going to.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
@Hoostevall
Yeah, I'm a Dane. Quite a few around here, in fact.

Last but not least. Thank you all for the praise, and thank you for playing. Now go enjoy the weekend, like I'm going to.

Cheers - Kaffekop

I didn't mean it was negative! From my experience the Danes know what's good regarding adult games; in fact all games I've tried that were made by a Dane were exceptional. So because you're a Dane I'm gonna have to try your game ;)

I'm a Swede myself, so please don't @ me :tf:

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
@Kaffekop I wish to reiterate what has already been written here. It's a great game in quality of renders and the story. One that I have found to be particularly enjoyable.

Good work. Cheers.

Reactions: filochard

RealHardy

Mar 9, 2018
when joe comes back from the club and you have a choice to do it or not take advantage. what is the best option?

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
What's the advantage of switching from Unity to Ren'ply? Thanks.
To be more specific about @Kaffekop response...
It's all for us :biggrin:
In Ren Py there are many many pages of save slots the pages can be custom named if the devs don't do anything funky, the devs can also allow naming of save slots. When you run out of pages, pressing the next arrow allows access to the next page.
With the many and varied options for saving, you can try a vast amount, if not all combinations of choices within the game, obviously allowing multiple routes to be played at once.
If enabled, Page Up can take you to previous dialogues/choices which is great if you press enter once too often or you realise you've made a mistake or want to go a different way.
With the use of unren.bat and other tools, having a look at what is going on behind the scenes (variables) is a lot easier and if you want/need to manipulating the stats to your advantage.
It's also one of the most easy going on your machine of the game engines in use on games here.

Reactions: Aprilsun and ontach

Sammy1

Jan 2, 2018
Me too I haven't seen any club !
Did we miss something ?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what game you are playing but there is no club that the main character goes to. The sisters go to a club on one of the nights but he does not and they only talk about going to the club no actual scenes of them at the club. Depending on which of the females you helped unpack earlier in the game would be who I would follow. To get any character to their fullest (or highest stats) you have to stay true to that character thoughout the game. Not saying you cannot mix and match events this in the long run could be the best but currently staying with one will progress them further.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Here's my five cent:

A very good decision to change the engine to Ren'py.
The game had good renders, the writing was good and the story nothing new, but it worked, but Unity was such a slow, tedious work with this one.

Everything took ages, especially loading the game.

And there really was no reason at all to use unity anyway.

So, a very good decision indeed.
Everything works smoother and faster and easier now.

The women in the game are fantastic, and it's not just milfs with humongous tits, but also young women with more regular sized ones.

Many different types, many characters, if anything a bit too many for so early in the story.
I was constantly afraid to miss a possible sex scene, but in the end it turns out, there aren't many with the MC involved.

I hope the updates keep coming and the quality of the renders and the writing stays as good.

Reactions: Hadgar

sanmal

Jul 30, 2017
@Kaffekop
Win 32 vers. work well. Thank you.
(and i think now 1 vers will work good now for both, with current size ~1,1Gb)

Sammy1

Jan 2, 2018
Is there a walkthrough I can download? I keep fucking up in the story somewhere.

Concerning a walkthrough. There is one coming up over the next week, but it will be more of a general guide on how to play rather than a detailed walkthrough, because that would be an undertaking on it's own as the story advances and the interactions between characters become more and more complex.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Is there a walkthrough I can download? I keep fucking up in the story somewhere...
What Sammy1 said above and not sure what you mean by "fucking up". So far I haven't implemented a game over state, but it is coming when 0.6 hits Patreon sometime in September.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I wish you wouldn't. Game over results in VN games are disappointing. It's your vision, but perhaps you could at least make it a "soft landing" as opposed to "Sorry, your 2 1/2 hours of invested time was for nothing. Thanks for playing."

Again, it's not my game, but I always feel it's better to have a "you could have seen more with these choices" route than a "game over".

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@Ignatz

I hear you, and it is something I have pondered for more than a year on how to implement without taking the fun out of the story, just like you mention: 2½ hours "POOOFFF".
I do like these things myself, as it keeps me on my toes about what choices I make, but I understand that it's not for everybody.
Maybe I'll release a test game with said game over state while the rest of us enjoy the normal game. After all it is "just" some conditional statements, that needs to be included. Then players can try it out and give some feedback as to whether or not it works, makes sense and whether or not is should be implemented in future updates.
Maybe find a coder who can make you choose to play with the conditional when you start the game.

I'll give it some further thought as many a thought is popping up now.
Thanks for kicking my brain into gear ;)

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: Hadgar

svnhddbst

Jun 19, 2017
i feel like if there's going to be a game over, it should be logically obvious. on par with "do you charge straight at the heavily armed military group currently looking straight at you" levels of direct.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
Who ever got this scene?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have no idea where the switch is for this scene.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes