3.50 star(s) 24 Votes

Shovan

May 29, 2018
I seem to be stuck. I'm following Mira's clues and after the second clue where I'm suppose to ask the guard a question, the guards don't tell me anything and I can't progress.

rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017
Ah, right!

Yeh, the first 2 are fine to play in whatever order. Game 3 is going to be set after these 2 but structured totally different.
Technically Strechalot makes a reference to Wenches in the Well in this one when Ella is talking to him late-game about Mira. Can't recall the exact wording, but it was alluding to the stretching of the water nymphs mind to calm her down that might work on Mira. So, can't make that recollection without it having happened yet, amirite?

I read the post in the Wenches in the Well thread about your plans for Game 3, and it definitely sounds exciting! Most RPGM games have a sandbox feel even when you're supposed to follow a linear quest line, and I appreciate that so far there has been a lot of scripted animations to avoid getting lost. If it's linear, might as well make it easier to play. It's likely a lot of work but it makes sense for the first two games. Going a more traditional build in Game 3 might cut down on the work whilst still expanding all the stretching events. Revisiting the old locations, even if it's just for a single stretching, would be a great way to maintain continuity and provide scenes for new and old hotties alike.

One thing I would appreciate in the next game, enabling dash if the game can handle it. I have a feeling the transitions between zones and time jumps might get caught in a stack overflow if you can dash from one into another too quickly, but it's worth a try to move the action along faster.

Reactions: Jameyboi

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I seem to be stuck. I'm following Mira's clues and after the second clue where I'm suppose to ask the guard a question, the guards don't tell me anything and I can't progress.
That's weird. Have you definitely talked to every guard? Including the ones inside the Queen's hall?

If not, zip up the save folder in the WWW folder and send it to me and I'll take a look at it.

Reactions: Dr.90A

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Technically Strechalot makes a reference to Wenches in the Well in this one when Ella is talking to him late-game about Mira. Can't recall the exact wording, but it was alluding to the stretching of the water nymphs mind to calm her down that might work on Mira. So, can't make that recollection without it having happened yet, amirite?

I read the post in the Wenches in the Well thread about your plans for Game 3, and it definitely sounds exciting! Most RPGM games have a sandbox feel even when you're supposed to follow a linear quest line, and I appreciate that so far there has been a lot of scripted animations to avoid getting lost. If it's linear, might as well make it easier to play. It's likely a lot of work but it makes sense for the first two games. Going a more traditional build in Game 3 might cut down on the work whilst still expanding all the stretching events. Revisiting the old locations, even if it's just for a single stretching, would be a great way to maintain continuity and provide scenes for new and old hotties alike.

One thing I would appreciate in the next game, enabling dash if the game can handle it. I have a feeling the transitions between zones and time jumps might get caught in a stack overflow if you can dash from one into another too quickly, but it's worth a try to move the action along faster.
Yeh, there's that one reference to the water nymphs in game 1. I figured anyone who hasn't played game 1 will just assume it's Stretchalot mentioning some of his prior work. There isn't any major connections that would make Plight of the Elves hard to follow, I don't think.

I'm very much looking forward to trying this more open structure I have planned for game 3. I think it'll allow me to focus on shorter, more snappy stories, which I know I'm better at writing than longer stuff. I'll still have the same level of cutscenes and animations and everything that you see in Plight of the Elves, except there will be less of them per quest line.

Having the locations from games 1 and 2 in game 3 is gonna be cool, I think. Game 2's main area I'm really looking forward to. Gonna be fun writing about the state of things after the events of Plight of the Elves.

I can make an option to toggle dash. I'll add it to this game in an update. Just to clarify, do you mean so you turn it on in the options somewhere? Or that instead of holding it, the dash key is the toggle?

Reactions: rouge_g

Shovan

May 29, 2018
That's weird. Have you definitely talked to every guard? Including the ones inside the Queen's hall?

If not, zip up the save folder in the WWW folder and send it to me and I'll take a look at it.
It won't let me go into the Queen's Hall. Here's the save. Also, I did Mara's quest first if that matters at all.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
It won't let me go into the Queen's Hall. Here's the save. Also, I did Mara's quest first if that matters at all.
Can you zip up that entire save folder for me? It's not reading that save on it's own and I think I might need the other files in that folder as well. Thanks.

Hellas33

Feb 11, 2019
80% it's a solid text, about 10% is fighting with monsters or walking, 5% download - entry-exit, 5% erotica, I was thrown onto the stage after talking with the queen, when the morning surprise began ... it's kind of like a game itself = shit, drawing OK, sorry for wasting your time...

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
80% it's a solid text, about 10% is fighting with monsters or walking, 5% download - entry-exit, 5% erotica, I was thrown onto the stage after talking with the queen, when the morning surprise began ... it's kind of like a game itself = shit, drawing OK, sorry for wasting your time...
Yeh, it's story heavy. Sorry you didn't like it, mate. Not sure what you mean by being thrown onto the stage after talking with the queen.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Here ya go
Are you 100% sure you did Mira's quest first? I found the mistake, but it only happens if I do Ella's quest first. It shouldn't be happening if you hadn't done her quest just yet.

Looking on my end, it says you have done Ella's quest already. Her lewd scenes are all unlocked on the Main menu as well.

When i say Ella's quest, I mean the part where you have the option of going and helping Mira or Ella.

Shovan

May 29, 2018
Are you 100% sure you did Mira's quest first? I found the mistake, but it only happens if I do Ella's quest first. It shouldn't be happening if you hadn't done her quest just yet.

Looking on my end, it says you have done Ella's quest already.

When i say Ella's quest, I mean the part where you have the option of going and helping Mira or Ella.
Oh that's my bad, Yeah I did Ella's quest first

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Oh that's my bad, Yeah I did Ella's quest first
Yeh, haha. All good.

In your game directory go into WWW then DATA.

You'll have a whole bunch of map files. Extract the Map048 I've attached and overwrite the one currently in that folder.

Load your save and it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Also, your play time on your file is near 5 hours. That's pretty awesome. You've still got a bit more to play through yet as well lol.

Sorry for the bug, but I hope you're enjoying the game otherwise!

Shovan

May 29, 2018
Yeh, haha. All good.

In your game directory go into WWW then DATA.

You'll have a whole bunch of map files. Extract the Map048 I've attached and overwrite the one currently in that folder.

Load your save and it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Also, your play time on your file is near 5 hours. That's pretty awesome. You've still got a bit more to play through yet as well lol.

Sorry for the bug, but I hope you're enjoying the game otherwise!
Yeah that worked! Thank you. Yeah I'm enjoying the game. Looking forward to the 3rd.

Reactions: Apple_Tart_Games

Ryoga1989

Mar 10, 2020
What is the music that plays at the start when you first go into the forest? Id like to try to find it

3.50 star(s) 24 Votes