3.50 star(s) 24 Votes

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
What is the music that plays at the start when you first go into the forest? Id like to try to find it
At the very start? Right before you fight that first snake?

It's called Netherplace Looping.

XStriXXX

Mar 28, 2019
The game starts in fullscreen I can't make it windowed (even alt+enter doesn't work). How can I make it windowed?

ninjabanana

Feb 13, 2018
my next task says "go to bed" i just woke up after a nights rest, its morning, tries to sleep "i cant sleep now" no one to talk to cant enter houses. i think i am at day 3 or 4

Jun 13, 2017
Valiant effort, even if some shortcomings are apparent. I'll just dump with the shortcomings, because everything else is rather good.

- Combat. If combat does not drain resources, does not require thinking, does not add anything, cut. The only thing that's drained it's the player's time and that's bad design: I appreciate the addition of steal-STRETCH kills from behind but you could easily cut all snakes/bats and the like. Cargo cult sometimes gotta go. Even the random bandits are a stretch to justify. Boss encounters are enough.

- There's a lot of dialogue: most of it is quite charming, but it's often.... haphazardly laid out. The game feels slow despite not being very long thanks to it: shortest cuts in dialogue could help, you don't need to see the player walk through several screens, some busywork can be cut (finding logs for a fire?)

- Not enough Mira scenes: my man, the fucking elf fucks with us the entire game and we fuck with her for a single scene? It's like we don't know for what elves are for! I get it's faithful to the character - even that last scene is again a bit of a stretch considering she hated humans for the entire game - but ... simply moar.

Everything else (art, map design, events, writing) works fine. Refinement and this would be a nice light H-game, methinks.

Basalisk

Sep 30, 2018
The content is fine but I really wish developers would understand that people don't want 90% uninspired cutscenes of FFVI sprites talking and just want to play the game. I spent more time holding shift and watching a twitch stream than I did looking at the game. Some dialogue is fine, it's appreciated. What a Legend! is an example of a game with great dialogue that's worth reading but a smooth flow and more prioritization on the actual game than the dev's flat jokes. This game on the other hand was worse than a Japanese text scroller with hentai pics in the background.

Toastedsnow

Dec 30, 2017
Anybody got a gallery save?
For people like me who are far too busy to play games and need to go to the aeroplane shop before it closes. :illuminati:

solonvi

May 25, 2018
The art and sprite work are great, but there is way too much talking in this game and the game slows the talking down even further by making the sprites slowly walk around between sentences. I just want to fuck the elves, not listen to a Final Fantasy plot.

メメcc

Dec 21, 2021
I'm looking into it right now. Sorry!

Can you remember if you'd done Mira's questline first? Or Just Ella's?

If you could give me your save folder, I can figure it real quick, I think.
I also had the same problem, but I manually called up the queen and the multiplayer party story directly with the cheat, what I want to say is that even as a girl I think the queen's H CG is really good

Gamesman01

Apr 27, 2018
I am having a error message.
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Is Q not a good option for speed up? I can change it if it's a problem. There's actually a help section from the pause menu that explains Q is for Speed up. It explains other things about the game as well. You probably shouldn't have to look for this though. I might make it so players are forced to read through the help before starting a game. It's only three quick pages of bullet points, so won't take players long.
Q is fine, it is just non standard so it took me some time to find it via trial and error because I missed the help menu
By "autorun" do you mean being able to toggle dashing on/off instead of having to hold it? If yes, then I'm sure I can add that to the options.
Yes, that is what I meant. and thank you for adding it.

After the game loads some files it goes full screen. This is intended. You can press F4 from here to toggle between windowed/full screen mode. In windowed mode you can then hit minimize. One of my Patron's had to figure this out on his own as well. With you saying it as well, I'm thinking this needs to be added to the forced hints/tips section I mentioned I'd add earlier.
Ah, another non standard key combo.
Yea, if it was added to the tips it would be great. Also if there was a setting so the choice you make here could be saved, or changed from the settings menu rather than keyboard buttons.
You can't turn off the Menu sounds. The Message Sounds options are for dialog during gameplay and don't affect menus. I'll try and see if I can add to it though.
thank you

Reactions: Apple_Tart_Games

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
The game starts in fullscreen I can't make it windowed (even alt+enter doesn't work). How can I make it windowed?
F4 toggles between windowed and full screen. I think most RPG maker games have this by default. When I do an update, I'm going to make it so there's a help section at the start that explains F4 and some other things. Sorry for the confusion.

my next task says "go to bed" i just woke up after a nights rest, its morning, tries to sleep "i cant sleep now" no one to talk to cant enter houses. i think i am at day 3 or 4
Had you completed both Mira and Ella's quests? Another user here had the same problem and I fixed it in an update. Please grab the latest version and try with your save or load the system save. If your save is a bit behind, hold down Q or + on the numpad to speed up everything, including dialog. You can get to wherever you need to in the game very quick this way.

Let me know if the latest version fixes it for you though, otherwise, send me your save folder in a zip/rar and I'll take a look.

The art and sprite work are great, but there is way too much talking in this game and the game slows the talking down even further by making the sprites slowly walk around between sentences. I just want to fuck the elves, not listen to a Final Fantasy plot.
Less chatting, more butt-fucking the elves. Got it, mate, haha.

With this game, I was trying to make something a lot longer than my first one. Third game will be big, but full of shorter stories that get to the fucking quicker. This is only my 2nd game, so I'm still finding the balance.

why is everything so slow holy shit
Slow, as performance? Or just slow in terms of the style?

I also had the same problem, but I manually called up the queen and the multiplayer party story directly with the cheat, what I want to say is that even as a girl I think the queen's H CG is really good
You did what now? How did you call up cheats and stuff?

Also, that bug should be fixed in the latest version.

Glad you liked the Queen's CGs too!

Start of the game like it doesn't even let me go to the title as soon as i click play this happens
I'm looking into this. Never seen this error before. Sorry.

I think f3 or one of the f keys, can't remember
F4

The content is fine but I really wish developers would understand that people don't want 90% uninspired cutscenes of FFVI sprites talking and just want to play the game. I spent more time holding shift and watching a twitch stream than I did looking at the game. Some dialogue is fine, it's appreciated. What a Legend! is an example of a game with great dialogue that's worth reading but a smooth flow and more prioritization on the actual game than the dev's flat jokes. This game on the other hand was worse than a Japanese text scroller with hentai pics in the background.
I like telling stories, and I think I probably got a bit carried away in this case? I'll check out What a Legend, and I'll try and have a better balance between cutscenes and lewd scenes next time. I'm still learning all this stuff. Sorry you didn't like the game.

Anybody got a gallery save?
For people like me who are far too busy to play games and need to go to the aeroplane shop before it closes. :illuminati:
I'll make one today at some point, if someone doesn't provide one.

I am having a error message.
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.
Is this actually stopping you from playing the game? Or is it opening another little box that you can minimize? I've had the same issue in the past and I've seen this fix which worked to get rid of the popup for me:
  1. Go to your app data folder in Windows (C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local). If you can't find it, make sure you can see hidden folders.
  2. Delete the folder "nwjs".
  3. Go inside the folder 'User Data". Then go inside the folder "Default". Look for the files "Web Data" and "Web Data-journal". Delete these two files.
  4. Launch MV and play test.

Apple_Tart_Games

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Valiant effort, even if some shortcomings are apparent. I'll just dump with the shortcomings, because everything else is rather good.

- Combat. If combat does not drain resources, does not require thinking, does not add anything, cut. The only thing that's drained it's the player's time and that's bad design: I appreciate the addition of steal-STRETCH kills from behind but you could easily cut all snakes/bats and the like. Cargo cult sometimes gotta go. Even the random bandits are a stretch to justify. Boss encounters are enough.

- There's a lot of dialogue: most of it is quite charming, but it's often.... haphazardly laid out. The game feels slow despite not being very long thanks to it: shortest cuts in dialogue could help, you don't need to see the player walk through several screens, some busywork can be cut (finding logs for a fire?)

- Not enough Mira scenes: my man, the fucking elf fucks with us the entire game and we fuck with her for a single scene? It's like we don't know for what elves are for! I get it's faithful to the character - even that last scene is again a bit of a stretch considering she hated humans for the entire game - but ... simply moar.

Everything else (art, map design, events, writing) works fine. Refinement and this would be a nice light H-game, methinks.
Thanks for the feedback.

COMBAT:
I agree completely about the combat. I really struggled with combat. The issue came from me needing to finish the game and not wanting to draw it right out with making heaps of maps. The main issue is that the maps aren't big enough to warrant any extra systems/dynamics, such as resource drain, like you mentioned.

I'm fine with basic combat that doesn't require thinking, but for me, JRPG combat isn't about fighting, it's about managing resources between points. Do I have enough supplies/Mana/HP to keep going? I love Dragon Quest 7 for this reason. Combat is basic in that, but the fun came from managing the trek from place to place.

In the first Stretchalot game there was like 5 encounters all up, and all of them were scripted. I thought people thought that was too simple, but I dunno.

My next game is going to be better in terms of combat. I want to look into something completely different than turn-based, if I can manage it in RPG Maker, and resource management is going to be more important.

DIALOG:
People kept saying they liked the first game but wanted something longer, which is what I tried to do with this game. I definitely made it longer, but at the cost of including a bit more fluff than I'd have liked, and I'm generally very against that sort of thing normally.

I write better when I'm writing shorter, and I'm much happier doing it. Next game is going to have a different structure, and will be more made up of shorter, snappier stories, so I'll hopefully not have the same flaws in the pace you found in this one.

I liked the log collecting part though haha. I like mundane, slice of life style tasks in games, personally.

3.50 star(s) 24 Votes