VN Others Sissy Maker Deluxe [v2.3.9] [Sissy Maker]

2.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Ashanyra

Oct 29, 2018
Hi,
i tried to play the game, but after start i'll get this message:

of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

draw_set_font argument 1 incorrect type (string) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Script_draw_btn_clicked
############################################################################################
gml_Script_draw_btn_clicked (line -1)
gml_Script_draw_title_screen
gml_Object_obj_control_Draw_73

D-O

Jul 5, 2020
Hi,
i tried to play the game, but after start i'll get this message:

of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

############################################################################################
Yeah, if you're playing v1.7.0 or earlier build, it's not going to work since many have played it and it's not working anymore. You need to wait until the next update to be available. I posted why that is, but take it with a grain of salt since it's not confirmed yet.

https://f95zone.to/threads/sissy-maker-deluxe-v1-7-0-sissy-maker.63489/post-10641802

BellaFuta

Nov 8, 2020
Yeah, if you're playing v1.7.0 or earlier build, it's not going to work since many have played it and it's not working anymore. You need to wait until the next update to be available. I posted why that is, but take it with a grain of salt since it's not confirmed yet.

https://f95zone.to/threads/sissy-maker-deluxe-v1-7-0-sissy-maker.63489/post-10641802
I read your article and you are absolutely right! This game is created using "Game Maker studio 2" and it seems that the dev intentionally integrated some kind of a script that runs (when you are online) and compares version builds of the game. *It's just my theory, because I'm not a programmer.

A quick and easy fix to run any version of this game is to disable your internet connection and extract the game from the archive again.

It worked for me, let me know if it does work for you all as well.
Cheers!

Reactions: D-O

nmm

Jun 12, 2017
I read your article and you are absolutely right! This game is created using "Game Maker studio 2" and it seems that the dev intentionally integrated some kind of a script that runs (when you are online) and compares version builds of the game. *It's just my theory, because I'm not a programmer.

A quick and easy fix to run any version of this game is to disable your internet connection and extract the game from the archive again.

Cheers!
Disabling Internet connection works fine, but it could be inconvenient for some people. There is another workaround to play the game even while Internet connection is available. You can add a rule in Windows Firewall to block the game exe from accessing the Internet. On windows 11, here is how to do it: , and on Windows 10, here is how to do it: .

I tested this on Windows 11. I deleted the game folder, then reinstalled it, applied the steps above, and it ran without the error.

Djermy

Jul 12, 2017
Disabling Internet connection works fine, but it could be inconvenient for some people. There is another workaround to play the game even while Internet connection is available. You can add a rule in Windows Firewall to block the game exe from accessing the Internet. On windows 11, here is how to do it: , and on Windows 10, here is how to do it: .

I tested this on Windows 11. I deleted the game folder, then reinstalled it, applied the steps above, and it ran without the error.
thanks for the hint. Now it works under 10.

Reactions: D-O and nmm

Nemiroff

Aug 22, 2020
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

followed the supposed solutions but still having this problem
Go to Microsoft Management Console, add Windows Defender Firewall snap-in then create there blocking connection rules for "Sissy Maker Deluxe.exe"

Reactions: cerberus666

Eyesday

Apr 26, 2017
Well, guess I'll have to wait until the next update to see if they correct the opening error. Tried the solutions presented here and I've managed to go into the first screens of the game, but then it crashes the same way.

Reactions: fundog35

D-O

Jul 5, 2020

Cheers!

It's working now. Using the link on How To Blocking The Game From Accessing The Internet, I am now able to play it again. Looks like I will be using this strategy if another game gives me this type of trouble again.

Reactions: nmm

Tuberaku

Jul 22, 2019
of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

D-O

Jul 5, 2020
of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

Use this method to fix it. If you move the folder or if it's still giving you trouble after implementing it, do it again, turn on "Airplane Mode" or completely disconnect your PC or Mac from the internet.

clay74

Sep 13, 2021
Im getting the same error as the other posters. I have never played any version this game, so I do not think it has anything to do with saves.

Whatever00000

Jan 4, 2018
of Draw Event
for object obj_control:

just downloaded the game and as soon as i run it i get this

2.30 star(s) 10 Votes