VN Ren'Py Completed Sister, Sister, Sister [Final] [Virtual Indecency]

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
How can I get more save slots in these games and organise the saves for different choices etc?
i too felt there should be more save slots in game
Well, that would be about a 20 min coding session for him, so yeah. For the dev to do that would be a good idea.
Ah Bob/Riker/Will/Bashful/Thor/Bill/Rudy/Homer/Howard, for experienced RenPy coder, maybe. But for the rest of us, it'd probably take a while longer. Plus there's also some images that would need to be reworked too.

The game already has 9 pages of save slots, each with 6 slots per page, for a total of 54 save slots. Which it exactly the same as the standard RenPy template. The only thing that's missing is Autosave and Quicksave pages.

However, let's assume we really do need more.

I've been messing with a patched version of SSS for a while, so perhaps this is something else I could take a look at.
Can you suggest a game with MORE save slots? A game I could take a look at to see how they've handled it?

Reactions: blahblah25

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Ah Bob/Riker/Will/Bashful/Thor/Bill/Rudy/Homer/Howard, for experienced RenPy coder, maybe. But for the rest of us, it'd probably take a while longer. Plus there's also some images that would need to be reworked too.

The game already has 9 pages of save slots, each with 6 slots per page, for a total of 54 save slots. Which it exactly the same as the standard RenPy template. The only thing that's missing is Autosave and Quicksave pages.

However, let's assume we really do need more.

I've been messing with a patched version of SSS for a while, so perhaps this is something else I could take a look at.
Can you suggest a game with MORE save slots? A game I could take a look at to see how they've handled it?
every renpy game that features a previous/next button in the load/save screen ;)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I'm using this solution

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
So it's a Patreon game but it has incest? Or has it been removed? Did Patreon give up on Incest bullshit?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
every renpy game that features a previous/next button in the load/save screen ;)
I assume you mean that any game that shows Prev/Next is probably using the RenPy's standard way of handling save/load. In which case, increasing the number of save slots is just a case of tweaking gui.file_slot_cols, gui.file_slot_rows and a couple of the other standard gui/style parameters.

But most games that use Prev/Next all have 9 pages of 6 save slots... exactly the same as SSS does.

The only difference is the need to click on the <1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9> vertically shown on the right side of the save/load screens. I suppose since I don't normally use Prev/Next in other games, I didn't really miss it here.

Like a lot of the SSS code, he's got something that mostly works - but completely ignores the standard way RenPy normally does things. For example, the save slots are all imagemaps. *shudder*

Meanwhile, I answered my own question. Babysitter 0.1.3 has 9 pages of 12 slots per page. With delete functionality and the ability to name each save game too. I'm looking at it, but I wouldn't expect anything soon.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
So it's a Patreon game but it has incest? Or has it been removed? Did Patreon give up on Incest bullshit?
No. Dev has had written that they are not blood-related. x'D
lol. Yeah. I'm sure that "*None of the characters in this game are blood related. All sex in consensual, and all characters depicted are over the age of 18" disclaimer on his Patreon page is 100% bulletproof.

Seriously, don't ask.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I assume you mean that any game that shows Prev/Next is probably using the RenPy's standard way of handling save/load. In which case, increasing the number of save slots is just a case of tweaking gui.file_slot_cols, gui.file_slot_rows and a couple of the other standard gui/style parameters.

But most games that use Prev/Next all have 9 pages of 6 save slots... exactly the same as SSS does.

The only difference is the need to click on the <1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9> vertically shown on the right side of the save/load screens. I suppose since I don't normally use Prev/Next in other games, I didn't really miss it here.

Like a lot of the SSS code, he's got something that mostly works - but completely ignores the standard way RenPy normally does things. For example, the save slots are all imagemaps. *shudder*

Meanwhile, I answered my own question. Babysitter 0.1.3 has 9 pages of 12 slots per page. With delete functionality and the ability to name each save game too. I'm looking at it, but I wouldn't expect anything soon.
i mean this literally, add prev/next buttons to the load/save screen and you have infinite slots
and change
Code:
                         FileSlotName(number, 4),
to
Code:
                        FileSlotName(number, 6),

Reactions: crmsn7

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
i mean this literally, add prev/next buttons to the load/save screen and you have infinite slots
Ah ha. I hadn't considered the ability to scroll beyond the end of the displayed list.
Yeah. That's a rather clever solution. I like it.

Edit: Added support for Next/Prev in save/load screens to my modded version of SSS. I just hope the dev gets in touch so I can share my changes with him. Took me slightly longer than 20mins :p

Reactions: crmsn7

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
SisterSisterSister 13SE (Original) - Alternative Fix Patch v0.1.2

As a few of you may recall, I've mentioned a few times in this thread that I've been tearing into SSS for a little over a month now, initially looking at spelling/grammar issues... and later at more extensive tweaks and fixes. It's my first attempt at trying to help a developer improve their game and I think it's fair to say I went a bit overboard.

This is the latest iteration of that work.

First things first though... @BananaPyjama has been doing this sort of stuff WAY longer than I have. His fix file is tried and tested and has no issues (as far as I'm aware) with save file compatibility. It's also much quicker to download. If you are in any doubt... use his version.
His patch file can be found here:

I've managed to reach out to the dev ( @stevedave83 ) and passed him all the changes in this patch file, in the hope he will consider using the whole thing. He has said that he's already looking at spelling/grammar issues and now has 2 of his Patreons actively bug testing and such. I think my patch makes all that work superfluous, but it's not up to me to tell him what he should or shouldn't do with his own damned game. Time will tell.

Until such time as he decides if he wants to make use of my changes, I figured I could at least share things so far with the f95zone community. If for no other reason than to test if I've broken anything. I've done some quite intensive testing, but I'm only human.

NOTE:
  • These changes mean SOME old save files won't work*. Even from 13SE if you've already played it.
  • This patch is for the ORIGINAL uncompressed (3.92GB) version of Chapter 13 ONLY. The "kompressed" version is your problem.
* I've changed so many lines of dialogue subtly that loading occasionally has a problem finding an unchanged line of code to rollback to safely. I've also moved some bits of code around too... RenPy save files HATE that. I expect most saves to be fine... but just in case you have problems... these will be the top two reasons why.

If after all that, you still want to try it out... you can download it from here... (~200meg)

void.cat links aren't permanent. Files are deleted after 30 days of inactivity.

This patch unlocks some scenes and events that were previously inaccessible. If you have the time and patience, I would recommend restarting from the very beginning if you can.

If you find something I've missed or I've broken along the way, please PM me and I'll do what I can to fix it in time for the Chapter 14 release. I specifically know someone had an issue with the use of some Italian words. I'd like to fix those, but I don't know Italian.

Have fun playing.
And if you've enjoyed playing SSS, please consider supporting the developer via . This patch wouldn't have been possible without all his hard work and imagination.
-79flavors

I do not have any long term plans for this patch. Either @stevedave83 will adopt my changes or I'll hand my code over to someone dependable like @BananaPyjama . I will however update it once Chapter 14 is released. Beyond that... who knows.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Hey @ MR Dev just asking hows the game coming along and wish the best of luck with it o_O p.s. hope to get more scenes more than the last 2 updates but will wait eagerly all the same ty

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Started playing and deleted the game in Chapter 2. While I read that it would contain drugs and corruption that BDSM thing went a little bit too far for me. I definitely will not call Alessia Mistress. Do I want to be dominated? Hell no. Or do I want to exercise control? Nah, I prefer equal footing and consensual stuff.

So, for anybody being into that stuff it may be a nice game, but it's definitely not for me.

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes