VN Ren'Py Sky Division [v0.13] [MariusAxe]

4.70 star(s) 19 Votes

MariusAxe

Feb 21, 2021
It wasn't loud music that broke my ears. It was loud glitchy sounds that seems to have replaced the main menu music. Immediately clicked the English language then opened settings, saw that the music slider is all the way up, turned it off. And when I recovered a bit from that piercing glitchy sound, I slowly turned the music slider back up and it was playing normal music now. Guess it was a glitch or something because when I tried to recreate it/restarted the game, it was running normal music now.
Did this happen again after the first time you opened the game?
I downloaded the game and the same thing didn't happen to me. I only noticed that the music was quite loud and that
generated static in the background.
apparently it only happened to people who downloaded the game on f95zone. i uploaded the 4.0 update, not the 4.1 update to f95zone (it was uploaded by the people of f95zone) maybe some error occurred in the process. but i didn't suffer from any audio problems when i downloaded it (other than the one mentioned above).

ChopTheHead

Sep 15, 2021
No, only the first time. It could be an issue that only affects new players. I hadn't played any of the earlier versions of the game. I'm also on Linux in case that matters. And just like the other person I switched the language to English and lowered the volume in settings, then when I put my headphones back on and slowly made the music louder it worked normally.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
I downloaded the game and the same thing didn't happen to me. I only noticed that the music was quite loud and that
generated static in the background.
apparently it only happened to people who downloaded the game on f95zone. i uploaded the 4.0 update, not the 4.1 update to f95zone (it was uploaded by the people of f95zone) maybe some error occurred in the process. but i didn't suffer from any audio problems when i downloaded it (other than the one mentioned above).
Its kinda random. I mean, when I first played it (the v0.3 or the one before this one) it was fine. Then this update, the first time I opened it, it happened. Tried to replicate it on the same day. And today, when you asked, it glitched again. And when I closed it and reopened it, it was fine.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
Dev, why you gotta make me question myself if I am Bi? Seriously, why?
On a real note, nice update. Feels a bit quiet now but that is better than our ears bleeding.

Reactions: Biieellzs

MariusAxe

Feb 21, 2021
Dev, why you gotta make me question myself if I am Bi? Seriously, why?
On a real note, nice update. Feels a bit quiet now but that is better than our ears bleeding.
hahahaha, my mission is to make you fall in love with Dax. and i'm not going to stop until i do. then get ready because you'll be bisexual before you know it!. muahahaha. PD: I couldn't emulate that error and the game code was fine so the only solution left after searching for help on reddit was to delete the startup song. Thanks for your comments!

LauraRozier

Sep 24, 2020
PD: I couldn't emulate that error and the game code was fine so the only solution left after searching for help on reddit was to delete the startup song. Thanks for your comments!
I wonder what causes it. You're using the default audio channels? Did you check the volume levels between tracks in some audio software like Audacity or Reaper?
I could remaster them to ~-3Db which I did for all the audio files in my own, still private, project.
After a quick & dirty normalizer analyse run on just the 6 songs I notice quite a bit of difference in the audio levels of the songs.
1670556213075.png

Also noticed you're using wav files, you could cut down on release size without too much loss by converting to OGG Vorbis. I'm currently using fmedia to convert in bulk. ^_^
I already discovered that "/a/animal/bird.wav" has a "too large chunk" error when converting, it doesn't peak when running peak-detection but I do hear a small distortion.. Might just be a slightly messed up file on my end, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1670554991825.png
Anyways, after rendering that file using Reaper:
1670555134700.png

Reactions: MariusAxe

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
honestly, the sex scene is already looks quite good (imagine my surprise when it was animated too) though i do have some problem with the anal scene at the end, not so much the animation but the fact that it's hidden behind the barely transparent dialogue box.

i know that you can hide the box by pressing shift in Ren'py, but it's not available here unfortunately

MariusAxe

Feb 21, 2021
I wonder what causes it. You're using the default audio channels? Did you check the volume levels between tracks in some audio software like Audacity or Reaper?
I could remaster them to ~-3Db which I did for all the audio files in my own, still private, project.
After a quick & dirty normalizer analyse run on just the 6 songs I notice quite a bit of difference in the audio levels of the songs.
View attachment 2222907

Also noticed you're using wav files, you could cut down on release size without too much loss by converting to OGG Vorbis. I'm currently using fmedia to convert in bulk. ^_^
I already discovered that "/a/animal/bird.wav" has a "too large chunk" error when converting, it doesn't peak when running peak-detection but I do hear a small distortion.. Might just be a slightly messed up file on my end, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View attachment 2222888
Anyways, after rendering that file using Reaper:
View attachment 2222893
I don't know much about audio (I don't know anything really.) but I will try to reduce the weight of the audio files with audacity- thanks for the help! pd: the menu song was ok in the game code but I don't know why it was giving errors to some users.
I couldn't emulate them, so the only solution I found was to delete the song.

Reactions: LauraRozier

MariusAxe

Feb 21, 2021
honestly, the sex scene is already looks quite good (imagine my surprise when it was animated too) though i do have some problem with the anal scene at the end, not so much the animation but the fact that it's hidden behind the barely transparent dialogue box.

i know that you can hide the box by pressing shift in Ren'py, but it's not available here unfortunately
on pc to hide the text box is with the "h" key. on android there is a text button on the top left "hide". pd: i know, i am not an artist and i have little knowledge in art, but i can't afford an artist, at the moment it's the best i can do but i will try to improve it in future updates. Thanks for playing!

Reactions: Andereltyrant7

LauraRozier

Sep 24, 2020
I don't know much about audio (I don't know anything really.) but I will try to reduce the weight of the audio files with audacity- thanks for the help!
No worries, just ask if you need some help with anything, really. :)
I can't help with art, that's not really my thing, I can help with audio and code, been working on those skills for ~17 years now. :D

bigbangcock

Feb 14, 2018
Any estimations for next update? Loving the game, was pleasently surprised!
edit: nevermind, saw on itch.io that dev is on vacation and next update will come in February. Keep up the good work Marius!

4.70 star(s) 19 Votes