The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I shall be doing an impromptu live Q&A starting in 40 mins. I know it is short notice, but if you're interested, join my Discord. You needn't talk but will need to be able to hear me talking.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
ToniKroos - through patience! Lol The other ladies have not been added yet which is why the version number is so small. Over the months more shall be added in the order my investors vote for.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ToniKroos

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Glad you are enjoying the dark and seedy Anaxverse! I have so much more to share over the decades!

reso

Dec 2, 2018
Do you intent to implement a back button to the Chamber selection of the Memory Chamber?

Because, at the moment, it's possible to put yourself in a soft-locked state by selecting the fully corrupted form of Justine in the Memory Chamber. Because there are no memories to access of fully corrupted Justine in any of those chambers (because they aren't memories, they would be current content for Justine), and because there is no back button, you're just stuck and have to close the game.

At the moment, it isn't a problem, but in the future, suppose someone were to fully corrupted any girl, and start/resume progress on another girl without saving for a while, and they were to misclick onto that page somehow, it would be a real bummer.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! I think it will change soon. I am making all the Eve art now, but once fully converted the women still will appear in Prison Chamber which will create memories there, but you are correct for now. Not sure if the mouse wheel back ability works there or not but in the future it shan't be an issue! Thanks again!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Justine Day is the only woman to convert in this early first release.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
ara1111 and kcoope89 I appreciate your reviews and I'd like to address your concerns. It's my personal thought that having only Justine available might be why it seems like a grind. That is, once several women are in a rotation it may not. But if that is not the case then we have to think of what to do.

That is, if I lower the amount of visits that it takes (and I'm not saying that I can't) it will mean that a player won't be able to bring her to every room and breed her with every creature at least once per transformation. That means some scenes will never be seen by players. Still, I'll look into this.

Part of the gameplay challenge also involves that a certain chamber is "best" for the characters and some chambers are "worse". Your version would eliminate this entirely as some ways of doing the women are definitely supposed to turn into grinds and be a challenge as the longer it takes you to convert them all, in the final version, the more likely your forces will fail to Wyatt's Warriors.

Now choosing Easy will help with that since the human units will be weaker and fewer longer, but I'd still like fans to have the opportunity to play through all scenes and lore fans familiar with my years of finished games to figure out what chambers affect which women the most or least and why. Thanks for the reviews though!

Reactions: Gladiadius

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
ara1111 and kcoope89- I spent the morning trying to determine a way to please the most people possible. On one hand, for the people that want to see every possible scene or those wanting a greater challenge to have their idea of fun, I do not want to make it easier than it is, but, on the other hand, I would like folks like the two of you to not feel like you are bored. So I talked to my volunteer programmer about my idea and it worked. In v.02 under settings will be a way to change the amount of conversion each visit to rooms gives. This way you could speed through the game in as little as a few minutes or make it take as long as you like. Thanks again for the reviews and feedback!

1622258450750.png

Reactions: Mordona

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
ara1111 and kcoope89- I spent the morning trying to determine a way to please the most people possible. On one hand, for the people that want to see every possible scene or those wanting a greater challenge to have their idea of fun, I do not want to make it easier than it is, but, on the other hand, I would like folks like the two of you to not feel like you are bored. So I talked to my volunteer programmer about my idea and it worked. In v.02 under settings will be a way to change the amount of conversion each visit to rooms gives. This way you could speed through the game in as little as a few minutes or make it take as long as you like. Thanks again for the reviews and feedback!

View attachment 1218406
That sounds like a good solution. Not the way I would have done it personally, but it should work. (Personally I would probably have reduced the grind but when each level is full have the player manually choose to advance her corruption, so if they still have scenes they want to see they don't miss them. The downside I see to this one is that it could lead to people having to keep going into the menu to change the slider, taking it down to see all the scenes then putting it back up when they want to advance)

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
If they leave the slider alone they will see all the scenes as that's how I intended the game to work and if they want to fly through it then it's up to the individual to make that choice. If they make the bar where it takes even longer to convert that's also on them. Basically, power to the player. But, leave it alone if you want the authentic experience. On the other hand, your idea could work as well. It's a long ways off before the public would get this version so I'd have plenty of time to decide. Thanks for the feedback.

it could lead to people having to keep going into the menu to change the slider
In my mind, if they are playing the game incorrectly like this, then this should be the experience that they have. But if they mess with the slider to speed things up, I am 99% certain that they will miss out on scenes. So, sliding it back and forth will have to be their new game to play instead of just playing the game. My suggestion would be to ignore the slider altogether- it really just exists for folks that care more about getting through things faster rather than as intended so that they can enjoy the game their way- and also give me better reviews! lol

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think that there isn't really an 'incorrect' way to play games, if the player likes playing that way then that's the right way for them. I'm thinking it's pretty grindy as it is now, I think if you do all the different types of corruption it still takes 4 or 5 times of each to advance a level. So I'm guessing that a lot of people are going to want to speed that up once they've seen all the scenes at a given level. It's not just that they can do it but it seems likely that people will.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I think that there isn't really an 'incorrect' way to play games
Sure, I agree (hence my power to the player statement). I guess I should say if they play it "that way", then that's the way they will play it. Also, I should let you know I did talk to the programmer and your idea unfortunately we will be unable to do. However, I will leave the slider there. It should keep the game from being grindy to anyone that feels that it is such. Other than giving folks complete control of the game like this, I do not know what else I can do to make them happy. lol It's one of those things that reminds me of an old quote from a Bioware employee, "If we could give people a magic hat that would create for them the exact RPG experience they'd always dreamed of, they'd complain about the color of the hat."

deadasss

Apr 16, 2019
I hope you make it so not only can you set the level of the girl in the scene viewer, but also the level of the girl she talks to, otherwise you will mathematically not be able to see all the scenes, or at least all the post-room scenes where the girls talk to each other and react according to their level

kcoope89

Sep 29, 2017
ara1111 and kcoope89 I appreciate your reviews and I'd like to address your concerns. It's my personal thought that having only Justine available might be why it seems like a grind. That is, once several women are in a rotation it may not. But if that is not the case then we have to think of what to do.

That is, if I lower the amount of visits that it takes (and I'm not saying that I can't) it will mean that a player won't be able to bring her to every room and breed her with every creature at least once per transformation. That means some scenes will never be seen by players. Still, I'll look into this.

Part of the gameplay challenge also involves that a certain chamber is "best" for the characters and some chambers are "worse". Your version would eliminate this entirely as some ways of doing the women are definitely supposed to turn into grinds and be a challenge as the longer it takes you to convert them all, in the final version, the more likely your forces will fail to Wyatt's Warriors.

Now choosing Easy will help with that since the human units will be weaker and fewer longer, but I'd still like fans to have the opportunity to play through all scenes and lore fans familiar with my years of finished games to figure out what chambers affect which women the most or least and why. Thanks for the reviews though!
Oh awesome brother, hey I love what I've played of your games (Giggle Nights, awesome especially that first corruption, I've played through that enough that I probably have that memorized at this point). I think one of the things that seemed grindy was when you have them do that task, it's the same dialog afterwards. Like sweet, I just put her through the mental chamber, but now I have to go through the conversation with Trixie again and she's going to say the same things until I hit the next level. So then it basically becomes a game where it's like "I've seen this several times, now I just need to do click -> click -> click -> click -> select new level click -> click -> click ->. But what you explained makes perfect sense, and is a great idea.

Reactions: The Anax
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes