Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
So is any of the other games recommended to play first before I play this one for story and what not or can I just dive right in?

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
I like it, Anax, I like it a lot! This is shaping up to be one of your best works, IMO.

Can I offer some (hopefully not to hard to implement) gameplay suggestions though?

For the trainer aspect, it seems a little boring to just figure out what each girl is weakest to and hit her with that, over and over - so maybe add a mechanic where the effect gets gradually weaker if you use the same room on the same girl consecutive times. That'll give in incentive to mix things up a little. If you really wanted to make things more complicated you could add some patterns to the effects - maybe Torture Room is so physically grueling it makes them more susceptible to the Relaxation Room if the Relaxation Room is used next; maybe the lingering high from the Shroom Room gives a girl a bit of a case of the munchies and makes them more susceptible to the Feeding Room. A system where each room has another it room it "prefers" to come right after wouldn't be too complex, I don't think, but would give us more of a reason to pay attention to who goes where, when.

For breeding, seems like certain bugs take longer? Also (maybe just my imagination) but seems like the higher corruption levels of the girls speed up the pregnancy time? Not 100% sure about either of those things though because the player doesn't get that info. Maybe add some info about approximate gestation times on the Barracks screens?

For the fights, I suggest that maybe corrupting one or more of the girls unlocks the ability to see how many enemies you're up against that day, and then maybe later on unlocking the ability to see what kinds of enemies they will be, and then finally unlocking an ability to see exactly what order the humans are going to attack in. Just would add another layer of tactical decision-making, right now you don't have much information about what you're going to fight so it's pretty much just "throw in my bug that's best against this human (or at least not weak against this human), keep going till it dies, then rinse and repeat." If we know what else is coming later in the fight we might make different choices, which keeps things interesting!

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
So is any of the other games recommended to play first before I play this one for story and what not or can I just dive right in?
The girls are basically a collection of protagonists from his other games, but you don't need to have played any of them for this game to make sense. Sorta like Marvel movies - they all fit together, but you can also watch one without having seen the others.

Right now the only girl we've got to play with is the protagonist from Slugs & Bugs, so if you wanted to get more backstory that's where to start.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Like the setup, but can't get over the ugliness of the aliens. Really don't get this fetish, the same breeding/corruption game would be more to my tastes if things were more aesthetic, oh well.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Not at all, you can go ahead and jump right in! But I have been building a massive world for almost a decade now, however you don't need to know all that to play this. For those that do want to experience more, they have hours and days worth of employment to explore through my other projects!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Svoben - as you probably know being a fan of mine, I do not know how to program at all! I'm a great designer, I can do all the art and I can do all the writing and, well, EVERYTHING- except programming. So, it's a volunteer fan doing this and they are using Renpy as well, which is amazing that they have pulled off what they have! However, I cannot put a strain on them to try and do anything overly complicated, but I will mention your ideas. As fans can tell you, I usually try to do what people want, but cannot always do so! So, I appreciate your feedback and suggestions and will see what comes of it.

Reactions: jimdandy and Svoben

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Oh I actually played through the original slugs and bugs as there's not enough bug sex imo.

It's a marvel I was unaware of this game until now. Gonna check it out. Seems interesting.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I hope that you enjoy it! It's more of a game than one of interactive novels!

• Love
Reactions: Dyhart

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I hope that you enjoy it! It's more of a game than one of interactive novels!
There's not enough of those. Pretty much limited to winter wolves games (which are pretty softcore by comparison) and that's it. Which isn't to say they are bad. Just...lacking in the hentai parts.

lol seems like my weekend got busy.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Just a humble question regarding the saves from the previous version.
My game pukes in a row of endless script errors when doing battle when I started from my last save.
Any remedies?
I don't mind playing from the start but I found it hard to corrupt her in a timely fashion.

The Anax
About the Ren'Py coding, there are probably people interested if you ask in the developer forum here.
It doesn't have to specifically be in Ren'Py but maybe Java or C#?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Well this version is actually about the battle mode, so there is nothing new with Justine from what you played before. You probably wouldn't need to use a save. However, the version that is now making its rounds on my Patreon with Evelyn, I gave players the ability in the preferences menu to change how quickly the women convert. So at least in future versions, you won't have to worry about it taking a long time.

As far as programming goes, the fan has now been helping me for several months, he's doing a great job and I'm going to stick with him. However, you probably know all those other games that are on my list that I want to make, so if programmer does happen to show up that is trustworthy and talented, but likes my work enough to do it for free, then I will accept any help I can get!

Reactions: t727

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Well this version is actually about the battle mode, so there is nothing new with Justine from what you played before. You probably wouldn't need to use a save. However, the version that is now making its rounds on my Patreon with Evelyn, I gave players the ability in the preferences menu to change how quickly the women convert. So at least in future versions, you won't have to worry about it taking a long time.
Good to know!

As far as programming goes, the fan has now been helping me for several months, he's doing a great job and I'm going to stick with him. However, you probably know all those other games that are on my list that I want to make, so if programmer does happen to show up that is trustworthy and talented, but likes my work enough to do it for free, then I will accept any help I can get!
I endorse your take towards loyalty. Perhaps they could do with some assistance if the list of things to do is too long.
If I knew Ren'py (or UI coding in Java/C#) well enough I'd be that person because this game is one of those games I would like to see with the "COMPLETE" tag on sooner rather than later :)

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you, I think development on this should go pretty quickly now. With this battle phase, all of the different systems are in place. So from here on out, all I have to do is just add the women. I'll be holding a new poll on the first, and we'll see who my investors pick for me to add next!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Also, I plan on making a free strat guide with the final version of the game, but for those of you that are testing the Battle Phase ut and want an easier time in regards to the units- please see the SPOILERS channel in my Discord as I posted charts showing what is weak/strong against what.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes