HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Try this one:
Mega
Thank's AmusingOddity
Thank you.

Problem comes from the fact, that other download links (MixDrop, Nopy, YourFileStore or ZippyShare) are incomplete and dont contain HTML file. Clearly only Mega link has access to HTML file...

AmusingOddity should think about correcting other download links or he should add extra download link just for the html file.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
/Images/People/Karlee/Story/1/Topless.jpg

missing image in the downloads. was also reported by someone else about a month ago.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
/Images/People/Karlee/Story/1/Topless.jpg

missing image in the downloads. was also reported by someone else about a month ago.
Look in "\Images\People\Karlee\Chat" there you have Both Topless & Topless2....
Topless.jpg Topless2.jpg

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
LOL

You started this, you know? You insulted other people by calling them "w****" and when somebody calls you out for your insults, you are suddenly crying about reporting?
Thay probably mean that they reported the issue, not you.

When you get a problem like that, instead of making posts in the thread that no staff member, mod or uploader will even see, just click report on the OP to inform them of the issue

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Thay probably mean that they reported the issue, not you.

When you get a problem like that, instead of making posts in the thread that no staff member, mod or uploader will even see, just click report on the OP to inform them of the issue
Ok, thanks. I didnt know that.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The thing is he has a potato internet connection (well he is Irish :LOL:) so is only really putting things up on his mega business account. The other links here I think were provided by the F95 uploader team. The html was within the 0.3 update zip along with the media content. This versions 0.4 zip only had the media and not the hmtl. I guess the uploader didn't realize that.

Thank you.

Problem comes from the fact, that other download links (MixDrop, Nopy, YourFileStore or ZippyShare) are incomplete and dont contain HTML file. Clearly only Mega link has access to HTML file...

AmusingOddity should think about correcting other download links or he should add extra download link just for the html file.

Reactions: DrDerpington
Jan 18, 2021
I would like to thank the OP (AmusingOddity) for providing a Mega link from which it is possible to download updates in smaller chunks instead of having to re-download all images with each update. This allowed me to go through three updates in the last few days with only a few dozen MB instead of several GB. Thanks a lot!

However, I think that the files could be renamed in order to help the new users who may be confused by the contents visible on Mega. Instead of "0.4.zip", it would be better to name the file "Update 0.4.zip" or something similar that makes it obvious that it is only an update and that the core image set has to be downloaded first.

If the HTML file is supposed to be distributed separately instead of being included inside the update ZIP, then it would be better to make this more obvious in the name of the file. For example: "Images update 0.4.zip" and a corresponding HTML file "Sluttown USA 0.4.html".

I prefer having a version number in the HTML file: when a game is updated frequently and I am trying to report bugs, I like to keep several versions around so that I can check if a bug is new or not (assuming that it can be reproduced quickly or that the saved games are compatible). When I look at the download folder online, including the version number in the file name also helps me to check very easily if I have the latest file or not, without having to check the date and size of the file. So I disagree with the last line in the file "IMPORTANT NOTE.txt" ;) I do not understand how the inclusion of a version number in the HTML file could cause some issues with Twine, but maybe there is a good reason for that. If this is the case, then I will continue renaming the file myself after downloading it.

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
Can the Images folder please be renamed Slut town Image folder or similar to aid keeping track of downloaded files please.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Can the Images folder please be renamed Slut town Image folder or similar to aid keeping track of downloaded files please.
Try creating a folder Slut town and then put everything inside? Then just merge different Image folders?

Jan 18, 2021
It is better to keep the name of the images folder as short as possible, because every link from the HTML file must include that path. The common practice for Twine game is to call it "Images".

The 0.4 update includes other files such as "IMPORTANT NOTE.txt" that does not have "Sluttown..." as a prefix. To avoid mixing these files and folders with other games, you could create a new folder for this game and extract everything inside. I called mine "SluttownUSA" and I extracted the files there, which leads to the following structure:
Code:
.../SluttownUSA/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/Ambient/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/Dreams/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/...
.../SluttownUSA/IMPORTANT NOTE.txt
.../SluttownUSA/Sluttown USA 0.3.html (renamed from Slut_Town_USA_HTC_0.3.html)
.../SluttownUSA/Sluttown USA 0.4.html (renamed from Sluttown USA_ Hometown Corruption.html)
Note that I renamed the HTML files to make it easier for me to switch between versions when I am looking for new bugs.

Repreive

Oct 19, 2019
Not really lol, it depends on the type of game. If you play an RPG that has adult elements, it would be boring as fuck if there was absolutely no grind... cause that is part of the point of an RPG. That being said based on your opinion, I would say that those kinds of adult games aren't for you.
I think you entirely misunderstand what grind means.

It does not mean "fun and decent way to spend time in a game."
It means "boring, tedious gameplay which subtracts from the most enjoyable aspects of play by inserting itself between the player and said enjoyable loop of content."

Repreive

Oct 19, 2019
Too much clicking to charge and learn programming.
Master the talent for it in-game ASAP. Increasing the skill increases the gains per charge to a level that is at least viable... But reaching that point does take a long while, yeah.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I guess the charging ritual depends. I just went from 586 to 616 in about 15 seconds.
Which was very easy.............Except for a lot of that was luck as I can't tell some of
the colors apart, so I hit the backspace quite a bit during that....
I'd sure like to see a different solution, or at least maybe an option to choose the colors before you
start the mini-games?

I'm also being cautious abt how much charge I use on folks. For example, if I just let it do it's thing, it will
use 6 or 7 hundred points on people whereas before it would only use up to 100.

Cheers

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Just FYI, I avoid Mega like the plague. I only use it if all others fail. Not only do I have questions about the ownership and privacy, but I tend to binge so their download limits would (and sometimes still do) annoy the hell out of me.

You're the author and whatever you say goes, just offering a different POV.
I didn't realize that many folks still used Mega. I don't use them since they haven't worked with my download managers and because of the limits like RHQuinn said.

But also, like RHQuinn said, you're the boss! Besides variety is almost always a great thing!

Thanks for the game, very enjoyable

Cheers
I find mega good because it gives you folders to use. The way I've been uploading is much simpler when I can have 1 link to a folder with everything in it rather than a bunch of different links. I'm going to try and tighten things up for future updates though so hopefully it'll be simpler in the future.

I would like to thank the OP (AmusingOddity) for providing a Mega link from which it is possible to download updates in smaller chunks instead of having to re-download all images with each update. This allowed me to go through three updates in the last few days with only a few dozen MB instead of several GB. Thanks a lot!

However, I think that the files could be renamed in order to help the new users who may be confused by the contents visible on Mega. Instead of "0.4.zip", it would be better to name the file "Update 0.4.zip" or something similar that makes it obvious that it is only an update and that the core image set has to be downloaded first.

If the HTML file is supposed to be distributed separately instead of being included inside the update ZIP, then it would be better to make this more obvious in the name of the file. For example: "Images update 0.4.zip" and a corresponding HTML file "Sluttown USA 0.4.html".

I prefer having a version number in the HTML file: when a game is updated frequently and I am trying to report bugs, I like to keep several versions around so that I can check if a bug is new or not (assuming that it can be reproduced quickly or that the saved games are compatible). When I look at the download folder online, including the version number in the file name also helps me to check very easily if I have the latest file or not, without having to check the date and size of the file. So I disagree with the last line in the file "IMPORTANT NOTE.txt" ;) I do not understand how the inclusion of a version number in the HTML file could cause some issues with Twine, but maybe there is a good reason for that. If this is the case, then I will continue renaming the file myself after downloading it.

Yeah I've been trying to find a cleaner way of doing the uploads that wont take too long (my internet is garbage.) I think in future I'm going to package up all the older images together and have just the new stuff as its own packet. That way I can upload the big packet in my own time and be able to turn around bug-fixes without having to wait an hour for a big file to upload. And it means that if you already have the older stuff you'll only need to download the smaller update file.

For some reason that I couldn't figure out changing the HTML file from 0.3 to 0.4 made it not able to see old saves. I wasn't able to find a fix and didn't want people to have to mess around with saves for every update. I thought this would be a better fix. In the future I'll probably zip the HTML into a file with the version name. That way I won't have to change the file name but can still name the zip so people know the version.

I think you entirely misunderstand what grind means.

It does not mean "fun and decent way to spend time in a game."
It means "boring, tedious gameplay which subtracts from the most enjoyable aspects of play by inserting itself between the player and said enjoyable loop of content."
Working on it. I have characters in mind that will allow you to over come the grind faster. I know I could just make the numbers smaller but I prefer games that start off grindy so that you feel like you're actually getting more powerful as it goes on. Not for everyone I know. But that's the type of game I like so that's what I'm making.

I guess the charging ritual depends. I just went from 586 to 616 in about 15 seconds.
Which was very easy.............Except for a lot of that was luck as I can't tell some of
the colors apart, so I hit the backspace quite a bit during that....
I'd sure like to see a different solution, or at least maybe an option to choose the colors before you
start the mini-games?

I'm also being cautious abt how much charge I use on folks. For example, if I just let it do it's thing, it will
use 6 or 7 hundred points on people whereas before it would only use up to 100.

Cheers
Which colors are you having trouble with? I'll try and find better ones.

When using charge on people it automatically fills in the max of what you have, but it pays back any extra that gets used.

Reactions: RHQuinn

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Which colors are you having trouble with? I'll try and find better ones.
The orange Yellow and the light grey White are the bastards to me. But if the player is colour blind it could be any of them.

When using charge on people it automatically fills in the max of what you have, but it pays back any extra that gets used.
That is generally true, but not always, especially towards the later stages (with the mum and sister I think?). Haven't played this in a while so can't quote specific examples I'm afraid.

Rex72

Aug 5, 2018
It is better to keep the name of the images folder as short as possible, because every link from the HTML file must include that path. The common practice for Twine game is to call it "Images".

The 0.4 update includes other files such as "IMPORTANT NOTE.txt" that does not have "Sluttown..." as a prefix. To avoid mixing these files and folders with other games, you could create a new folder for this game and extract everything inside. I called mine "SluttownUSA" and I extracted the files there, which leads to the following structure:
Code:
.../SluttownUSA/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/Ambient/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/Dreams/
.../SluttownUSA/Images/...
.../SluttownUSA/IMPORTANT NOTE.txt
.../SluttownUSA/Sluttown USA 0.3.html (renamed from Slut_Town_USA_HTC_0.3.html)
.../SluttownUSA/Sluttown USA 0.4.html (renamed from Sluttown USA_ Hometown Corruption.html)
Note that I renamed the HTML files to make it easier for me to switch between versions when I am looking for new bugs.

When you regularly update over 50 games it is hard to impossible to remember what patch/side file goes with witch game.I just ask for file names relevant to the parent game to help organizing them, is that so difficult to do?

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes