ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Please check the credits page in the game.

It's made pretty clear that I'm using systems from the Fixer, and I've given him credit for that. As well as supporting him, financially as a thank you. I'm not exactly hiding it lol

There's a difference between stealing every asset and only just utilizing parts as a foundation. I've made every effort to make sure I'm not using any of his assets, and the Gameplay/Story is going to be different enough to set it apart. All I've taken is the customization and location system, and decided to make a game from it. Pretty much every female sandbox Renpy game has this system, as well as those HTML games. You walk around, random events appear, and you make choices on how your character gets corrupted. Sam Tail just made the most efficient and amazing way to work this system into Renpy, that I don't think anyone can ever match how efficient he was with how he does this system on renpy.

The reason why I think it's justified is pretty easy, Both Sam and I, are stealing assets from another game that isn't ours. Honey Select and Koikatsu. Why aren't people upset at that? We're using their models? Real people made effort into making those games, but we are just taking it from them and utilizing parts of their game into our game. But no one's up in arms over us stealing stuff for their game?

The reason is because we make it our own game, it's different enough, and without using Honey Select, we don't have the artist ability (At least I don't), to make a game in the first place. So we have to utilize stuff from other games to make up for it. I really don't see how it's that much different from taking Honey Select models. As long as I make it different enough.

I've always made games with this simple idea, I don't make games for people, I just make games that I've always wanted to play. I've always wanted to play a game where you can customize everything about your character, and have it appear in all scenes, including the clothing. Every game that does that is super limited, and usually has to only have 1 position with clothing, and do some tricks for other scenes. So I decided to make a game that doesn't do that, and instead has clothing appear in every scene. Sorry if the only way I was able to achieve that, was using a system someone else made, but I just wanted to make that game, I did the same thing when I decided to use Honey select, because my stick figure drawings aren't good enough.

If people like it, awesome. It encourages me to work on it more, if people don't, then I guess it wasn't such a cool idea. Simple as that man. That's why I do so many "unpopular" decisions that don't make sense. It's mainly because I just want to make a game how I want.

Crell

Aug 6, 2017

It's made pretty clear that I'm using systems from the Fixer, and I've given him credit for that. As well as supporting him, financially as a thank you. I'm not exactly hiding it lol

There's a difference between stealing every asset and only just utilizing parts as a foundation. I've made every effort to make sure I'm not using any of his assets, and the Gameplay/Story is going to be different enough to set it apart. All I've taken is the customization and location system, and decided to make a game from it. Pretty much every female sandbox Renpy game has this system, as well as those HTML games. You walk around, random events appear, and you make choices on how your character gets corrupted. Sam Tail just made the most efficient and amazing way to work this system into Renpy, that I don't think anyone can ever match how efficient he was with how he does this system on renpy.

The reason why I think it's justified is pretty easy, Both Sam and I, are stealing assets from another game that isn't ours. Honey Select and Koikatsu. Why aren't people upset at that? We're using their models? Real people made effort into making those games, but we are just taking it from them and utilizing parts of their game into our game. But no one's up in arms over us stealing stuff for their game?

The reason is because we make it our own game, it's different enough, and without using Honey Select, we don't have the artist ability (At least I don't), to make a game in the first place. So we have to utilize stuff from other games to make up for it. I really don't see how it's that much different from taking Honey Select models. As long as I make it different enough.

I've always made games with this simple idea, I don't make games for people, I just make games that I've always wanted to play. I've always wanted to play a game where you can customize everything about your character, and have it appear in all scenes, including the clothing. Every game that does that is super limited, and usually has to only have 1 position with clothing, and do some tricks for other scenes. So I decided to make a game that doesn't do that, and instead has clothing appear in every scene. Sorry if the only way I was able to achieve that, was using a system someone else made, but I just wanted to make that game, I did the same thing when I decided to use Honey select, because my stick figure drawings aren't good enough.

If people like it, awesome. It encourages me to work on it more, if people don't, then I guess it wasn't such a cool idea. Simple as that man. That's why I do so many "unpopular" decisions that don't make sense. It's mainly because I just want to make a game how I want.
The problem is not that you use the same systems, it's that you copied them 1:1. They quite literally look the same. I honestly don't even mind it and for the most part simply find it hilarious just how similar it is. But if I were you, I'd, at the very least, change the symbols and parts of the UI.

ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
The problem is not that you use the same systems, it's that you copied them 1:1. They quite literally look the same. I honestly don't even mind it and for the most part simply find it hilarious just how similar it is. But if I were you, I'd, at the very least, change the symbols and parts of the UI.
I did change the symbols, but yeah, it's very similar, rearranging the parts just seems kind of redundant. What purpose does that serve, when the system is already the same. If I made it, that you move around by highlighting doors, that's 1:1 similar to like 90 percent of Renpy sandbox games.

Sakkara2

Jun 16, 2020
I did change the symbols, but yeah, it's very similar, rearranging the parts just seems kind of redundant. What purpose does that serve, when the system is already the same. If I made it, that you move around by highlighting doors, that's 1:1 similar to like 90 percent of Renpy sandbox games.
Most FPS games use basically the same UI.
Is this a "rip off' or "standardization"?

If an concept "works" give credit to the originator and use it!

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
The issue isn't with it functioning the same, it's with the visual elements being the same.

Even when you have permission, to not put effort into spicing it up or differentiating it visually, comes across as lazy or lacking in commitment. Which is definitely something you don't want when you already have an abandoned game under your belt and two that are supposed to have been 'alternates' of each other that aren't seeming to be kept on par with each other. Just saying.

This feels like you went too far the other direction after the backlash over diverting in-dev resources to 'female protagonist' in your other games, due to lacking understanding of why there was backlash to begin with.

As far as solving that issue? Use some different art assets. Some fancy borders, color changes, and altered designs. To you it may not seem significant, but to those you are trying to court for support, it ABSOLUTELY is a massive thing.

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Do none of the character creation buttons work except hair color/style? Or is something wrong with my game?

Jun 8, 2017
Do none of the character creation buttons work except hair color/style? Or is something wrong with my game?
it's the same for me; I'm guessing it's just a placeholder now since the creator would have to generate each character style combination for every scene because they are using screen grabs from the Honey Select games (or whatever the game is).

I'm not sure how The Fixer's backgrounds are pre-rendered, and the game pulls the location with the specific character appearance or does it in real-time.

Nimrod3

Apr 9, 2021
A bunch of pirates moralizing about stealing assets and systems. I love the irony.

I seriously doubt the fixer guy patented his thing, or even cares about what is going on.
Which leaves us with a bunch of nobodies that have no say in the matter, who like to point fingers at what is basically a standard for the industry of game development.
Copying the good things others do is how the industry grows and refine itself. Leading to better and more efficient products for the consumer. You copy what works and you give credits for good manners, this is the good practice of a civilized society.

The only person whose opinion has any value in this matter is the fixer guy, and even that isn't worth much in the real world, since I seriously doubt there would be any option for a lawsuit. And would easily be solved with a simple request among honorable individuals.

It's also cringe inducing when people obsess about such minor things as UI icons, like it's tracing the monna lisa levels of effort.

Have a nice day.

P.S.
If there's anything to truly learn from this product, is the fact that Parody Sex Life is in desperate need of a female main character alternative, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!
Pwetty pwease with shuga on twop!

Last edited:

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Hey, a sexsim with such degree of customization sound awesome, and through older games of this dev, I know he can king things up quite a bit. Best of luck, I'll definitely check on this as more content is poured in. My only tiny worry is about how heavy this might become, but otherwise, it's very promising.

Hroptatyr

Apr 19, 2021

You say you don't use the assets, but that's obviously not true: the interface is the same, the icons are the same, the descriptions are the same, the stats system is the same, the city layout and graphics are virtually the same. No, not every game with a female protagonist is a carbon copy of The Fixer; there's a difference between being inspired and copying and pasting. I don't see how The Fixer copies assets from Honey Select and Koikatsu, but if it does, it's by no means to such an extent. We're on a pirate site so basically nothing will happen to you, but it's still hypocritical to say you're not hiding it - it would have been more appropriate to discuss with him.

A bunch of pirates moralizing about stealing assets and systems. I love the irony.

I seriously doubt the fixer guy patented his thing, or even cares about what is going on.
Which leaves us with a bunch of nobodies that have no say in the matter, who like to point fingers at what is basically a standard for the industry of game development.
Copying the good things others do is how the industry grows and refine itself. Leading to better and more efficient products for the consumer. You copy what works and you give credits for good manners, this is the good practice of a civilized society.

The only person whose opinion has any value in this matter is the fixer guy, and even that isn't worth much in the real world, since I seriously doubt there would be any option for a lawsuit. And would easily be solved with a simple request among honorable individuals.

It's also cringe inducing when people obsess about such minor things as UI icons, like it's tracing the monna lisa levels of effort.

Have a nice day.

P.S.
If there's anything to truly learn from this product, is the fact that Parody Sex Life is in desperate need of a female main character alternative, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!
Pwetty pwease with shuga on twop!
You don't have any more say than we do, my good fellow, and it's obviously not true that it's an "industry standard" to copy and paste other people's games: you'll get sued in the ass if you do, and that's exactly the opposite of "grows and refine itself". Of course there can be no lawsuits.

Last edited:

Myri

Aug 18, 2017
Lets take a really simple example.

The first person who came up with the following code:
int i = 0
while i < 10
i=i+1
end:continue or whatever

The above is basically the same as:
for(i=0;i<0;i++)
end:continue

Now after someone created this noone else would be allowed to use the same because it would be considered copyright infringement ?

Well, the would have put a giant break in any technical development of electronic devices and IoT.
It would even halted automated systems for opening and closing air ventilation and so on.

This is also like saying I invented the car having 4 wheels so no one else can make a car with 4 wheels.
Don't you think this would make any progress and innovation impossible.

Look at top games, fps, rpg, anything with a health bara and resource bar.
While they can be a bit different they are pretty much the same.

Also health bars are almost always red.

How many games doesn't show a red health bara above enemy heads and they look EXACLY the same in every game doing them. They mostly even use the exact same red as everyone else.

So yeah, everyone steals good ideas from others and they it kind of becomes a standard.
Like using 1-0 for activating skills

if this progress would not happen we would not had many games today if any at all.

Even gfx card is using code and technology used by others it gets impossible to move forward if you don't

DragaX

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2018
So yeah, everyone steals good ideas from others and then it kind of becomes a standard.
Now here is the thing: No one cares if he uses a character customization system in his games, we wouldn't even care if it got inspired by someone and therefore might look similar. But all of the UI graphics and pretty much the whole system just got stolen from The Fixer. He just copy pasted a whole system from another game and copied it into his.

He even wrote a post above that has a lot of contradictions in itself. To mention one: "There's a difference between stealing every asset and only just utilizing parts as a foundation" there is nothing wrong with this sentence but it didn't even took me a second to see that every asset of the customization system is the same as in the Fixer, he didn't only use some parts as a foundation.

The author of The Fixer probably put a lot of effort (and maybe even money) into this system. Imagine some other dude just copy pasting everything for his own game.

It's totally okay if he liked it enough to look into the code to see how the Author of The Fixer has done it. No one really cares if you copy some parts of coding, because these are mostly the same everywhere, but stealing a whole system + all of the graphics is something completely different.

And yes, this is a forum with a lot of pirated games and assets but this forum also has a lot of free and legal games so saying that everyone in here is a pirate is kind of a hyperbole. And besides, just because you sometimes pirate stuff doesn't mean that you don't have any morals.

Nimrod3

Apr 9, 2021
It's totally okay if he liked it enough to look into the code to see how the Author of The Fixer has done it. No one really cares if you copy some parts of coding, because these are mostly the same everywhere, but stealing a whole system + all of the graphics is something completely different.
Stealing implies you take something away from someone, so you are using the word improperly. Which we could consider an hyperbole, if we wanted to be fussy, in an attempt to make it sound worse than what it is. The fixer guy did not lose his product or is now unable to access his system, so stealing is not what is happening.
At worst it's copying, which could be only a problem if there was a patent, it caused brand confusion, or any kind of monetary loss on the part of the original creator.
An example would be taking a picture off twitter and changing the color pallet, cause you think it's funny to "fix" someone else artistic expression. The problem is not how similar it is, the problem is how it negatively affect the original creator, monetary damage or brand damage.
In the case of SSL vs TF, the only thing you can honestly latch on, is a case of bad manners. Which is alleviated by the good manner act of crediting the original work. Which in itself is a minor brand awareness boost for TF.
I'm not gonna tell you that you should want other people to use the stuff you make in their games, because it can lead more users toward your project, but I'm gonna tell you that is a factor in my moral judgement of someone's behavior.

So, the way I see it, we have at worst a light mibehavior that, in my humble opinion, does not warrant protracted harassment.
Not talking about you specifically, just in general, you add enough drops you end with a big puddle.
As a game developer yourself, I would expect you to know what it feels like, when someone hijacks your thread to obsess over some minor thing that doesn't really matter, instead of receiving feedback on the things that do matter.

But I'm just a pirate, what do I know.
Have a nice day.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
This game is a rip-off of "The Fixer" from Sam Tail, combined with elements from Paradicezon'e previous game "Public Sex Life". And yeah, one can rightfully call it stealing since he may actually lose revenue over it. Debating whether it is or is not stealing is therefore rather an academical debate, more about symantics than about facts.

For all interested, I advise you to give The Fixer a try. It can be found on itch.io. Even though it's 2DCG, the game is much more evolved, and has much hotter ero situations in it than this work-in-progress thingie. The Fixer even has an actual story to it.

I chatted with Sam Tail on Patreon, and this game is made without his explicit consent. I wonder, and hope that Paradicezone is gonna ask himself, if and why he'd want to be in te shadow of another developer.

Last edited:

Nikephouros

Aug 15, 2018
This game is a rip-off of "The Fixer" from Sam Tail, combined with elements from Paradicezon'e previous game "Public Sex Life". And yeah, one can rightfully call it stealing since he may actually lose revenue over it. Debating whether it is or is not stealing is therefore rather an academical debate, more about symantics than about facts.

For all interested, I advise you to give The Fixer a try. It can be found on itch.io. Even though it's 2DCG, the game is much more evolved, and has much hotter ero situations in it than this work-in-progress thingie. The Fixer even has an actual story to it.

I chatted with Sam Tail on Patreon, and this game is made without his explicit consent. I wonder, and hope that Paradicezone is gonna ask himself, if and why he'd want to be in te shadow of another developer.
The fact that Samtail didn't give his consent is super telling. that's not cool at all

krenoo

Feb 7, 2022
View attachment 2736569

Overview:
Decide what kind of character you want to play, and how you dress! A fully customizable experience, where you will decide everything about your character! An ever evolving wardrobe! Every piece of clothing, accessory, hairstyle, and color carries over to every scene with different positions! Including Over 100+ hairstyle combinations, countless accessories/clothing combo's! All fully color customizable!

Decide what happens to your character!​

Thread Updated: 2023-07-01
Release Date: 2023-06-30
Developer: ParadiceZone - -
Censored: No
Version: Demo
Language: English
Other Games: Public Sex Life - Saving Yandere - Public Sex Life H
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DevNotes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 2736570 View attachment 2736577 View attachment 2733945 View attachment 2733947 View attachment 2733948 View attachment 2733946 View attachment 2733960 View attachment 2736783
interesting, look forward for further update

ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Again, why is no one upset at Sam or I for stealing honey selects models?

Do you think he asked for permission and got consent?

if your going to be upset, at least be consistent man.

if your not upset at us for stealing assets from kokatsu, how are you upset I just took his location system, and still think your complaint is valid? You’re ignoring that glaring issue with your position.

if Sam made all of his stuff himself, I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. But the fact is, he’s in the same exact boat as me, he stole assets too. So it’s like going to a thief and pointing out that he shouldn’t steal things, while youre currently are stealing thing too.

When I’m reading the criticism, none of it is even valid or an honest criticism. If it was, I’d be more inclined to listen to the arguments, but they They keep claiming I just copy and pasted the UI, but you can easily see that’s not the case if you launch the game. So what are you complaining about here exactly?

The symbols are different, the ui has a border that’s different, the only thing that’s the same is the squares for the map, but it’s like that because what else was I supposed to do? Make them triangles?

Also…that’s what you’re trying to nitpick and complain about is The part that takes the least amount of effort? Like Sam and I, got all those symbols from a stock photo site…we both didn’t make the UI. We just placed something someone else made on a spot on the game…

Like seriously, I was expecting the complaints to be about using the code, but that’s like almost none of the complaints…so it just leaves me with the impression, no one actually cares apparently lol

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes