• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I liked your description of the game... Yes, I think a couple of updates will clarify the vector of the game's direction.
Dev, can you explain why you made the MC the ugliest looking male in game? Its revolting to play as him.

Reactions: botc76

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Is this game even still produced? For what I see in the changelogs and release date it doesn't seem to have much content.
Yes, the game is still in development, though not as active as we would like ... Active development of the next update will resume in about 2-3 days...

Reactions: botc76 and zaqrwe

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 128-103.jpg

The Smartass. Work in progress...
Hello friends... Right after the release of The Way, I started working on Smartass. Unfortunately The Way took longer than I had planned, but it turned out the way it did...
I have to say straight away that work on The Way is not resumed, the game is still on hold. And all who support me only because of The Way, I ask once again to suspend your pledges. You can resume them when I start working on the next update of The Way, or after the release. Or not resume... See for yourself...
As for Smartass, I hope the release won't take too long, but I still can't promise anything. I have my main job that feeds and clothes me and my family, so my main job is my priority right now.
Take care! Stay in touch! And PEACE to all!

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I can't say exactly who will like my game, but the target audience is those who don't want just a quick development of the plot, and who want to really get through the adventure. The plot of this game I've had for some time. I originally had it called Per Aspera ad Astra. It still has that second title...
One thing I don't understand is why people write texts here when they didn't like the game. Say, OK, this game isn't for me and walk away... that's what I do. I guess I just need to communicate here less often... The game should be discussed by the players themselves, some pouring crap on it and some praising it. I don't need to get into a debate...
I'm a guy that doesn't like quick sex scenes. I like slow burn and I liked Smartass a lot. Sure, I thought it was a little too engrossed in the parent's back story, too slow to commit to real character development and felt that the MC roasting was a bit much... BUT, I liked it.

However, because of the NTR scene it puts a bad taste in my mouth. The girl is a LI, not just any Love Interest, one of the MAIN LIs. Not just ANY Main LI, a childhood friend/sister-ish character. Then She just casually blows an asshole! I don't remember if it was the same guy that broke your glasses and bike, haven't played it in a while, but that definitely salts the wound. The fact that it's revealed that it's not the first time adds lemon on that wound as well.

IF the event was the first time that the LI tried to give him a blow job ever, and you interrupted it, I get it. Than I could see that it was a decision that we made to keep them from being together, but if it's the 3rd or 20th time it's basically a fake choice. To fix it, all it would take is a small text edit. But stick with it if you wish.

I'm not here to shit on you cause I REALLY like The Way, but THIS is how you lose people loyal to you. I stuck around a long time and I can't see myself coming back if this is the direction your going in.

No ill will, have a good one and good luck on finding your audience!

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
I'm a guy that doesn't like quick sex scenes. I like slow burn and I liked Smartass a lot. Sure, I thought it was a little too engrossed in the parent's back story, too slow to commit to real character development and felt that the MC roasting was a bit much... BUT, I liked it.

However, because of the NTR scene it puts a bad taste in my mouth. The girl is a LI, not just any Love Interest, one of the MAIN LIs. Not just ANY Main LI, a childhood friend/sister-ish character. Then She just casually blows an asshole! I don't remember if it was the same guy that broke your glasses and bike, haven't played it in a while, but that definitely salts the wound. The fact that it's revealed that it's not the first time adds lemon on that wound as well.

IF the event was the first time that the LI tried to give him a blow job ever, and you interrupted it, I get it. Than I could see that it was a decision that we made to keep them from being together, but if it's the 3rd or 20th time it's basically a fake choice. To fix it, all it would take is a small text edit. But stick with it if you wish.

I'm not here to shit on you cause I REALLY like The Way, but THIS is how you lose people loyal to you. I stuck around a long time and I can't see myself coming back if this is the direction your going in.

No ill will, have a good one and good luck on finding your audience!
It's very unfortunate that it turned you away from the game... But maybe you'll give it a chance after all, and give the developer a chance to finish his idea and story. Maybe you'll end up liking it? I made a lot of mistakes creating The Way, I rewrote the plot several times, running into criticism... this time I decided to stick to my storyline without changing the plot. If the game doesn't find its player, well... too bad, but at least I'll tell the story the way I wanted to tell it originally...
I want to make a game where everything doesn't run smoothly, where you have to really go the hard way, and succeed, and maybe even fail completely...
I really hope you'll play the game again and enjoy it.

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
I too really do like The way.
agreed only if Lisa is a LI (love interest), this should have NTR tag (dev should note which NTR in genre).
otherwise just blow her off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I too really do like The way.
agreed only if Lisa is a LI (love interest), this should have NTR tag (dev should note which NTR in genre).
otherwise just blow her off.
I just think it's a point that really degrades that character's perspective for the audience for no reason.

In real life you don't look down on someone because she was with guys before, that's real life. You've been with other women, it evens out. In fiction where the Dev chooses his audience and understands how much more selfish people become when the choice is there's it seems a little tactless.

MC is a hopeless loser virgin and EVERYONE is getting action besides himself. It hurts the audience just by that perspective. I'm not here to complain since I've already said everything I wanted to the Dev, but I lament what it could have been. At least for me personally. i liked Lisa, not anymore.

JohnLewd

Feb 28, 2021
I just think it's a point that really degrades that character's perspective for the audience for no reason.

In real life you don't look down on someone because she was with guys before, that's real life. You've been with other women, it evens out. In fiction where the Dev chooses his audience and understands how much more selfish people become when the choice is there's it seems a little tactless.

MC is a hopeless loser virgin and EVERYONE is getting action besides himself. It hurts the audience just by that perspective. I'm not here to complain since I've already said everything I wanted to the Dev, but I lament what it could have been. At least for me personally. i liked Lisa, not anymore.
I don't agree, there's a big difference in been with guys and been with a lot of guys, that matters immensely in evaluating someone for any real relationships, doesn't matter if it's woman or man, the count really matters for both. Secondly to take things slow or build up tension can lead to a really good delivery on the actual sex scenes, if it's well made. Sometimes to rush the sex scenes makes the characters bland and uninteresting and sometimes not, really depends on the direction and story in which the dev will take the game forward.

Last edited:

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I don't agree, there's a big difference in been with guys and been with a lot of guys, that matters immensely in evaluating someone for any real relationships, doesn't matter if it's woman or man, the count really matters for both. Secondly to take things slow or build up tension can lead to a really good delivery on the actual sex scenes, if it's well made. Sometimes to rush the sex scenes makes the characters bland and uninteresting and sometimes not, really depends on the direction and story in which the dev will take the game forward.
Sure, but I'm not arguing equity, I'm arguing the bare minimum for a game of this type in MY opinion. I don't care if it takes 20 updates to get into her pants, i'm patient and I don't complain about updates. But I can't stand characters that are Love Interests not only fucking others, not only fucking (blowing) them in the same room as you, but actually doing this with your worst enemy (Just stole your money, beat you up and threw your bike into a river)... Any of those could be bad enough for me and a lot of people out there, it just happens that this game contains ALL of them at once. :/

At the end of the day it's just a preference. I respect the Dev's decision, I just don't like it and because of it, I choose not to play. That's it. :)

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
0.07-4.jpg

Smartass 0.07 News
Hi friends. It's been quite a while since I shared with you the process of working on the next update. The work is in full swing... Already about 80% of the visual part of the update is done. Why am I publishing this picture? Because I decided to change a little bit of this scene, not because of the criticism of certain individuals that it was a terrible decision to add to the game this scene, but because I felt that at this stage, the MC is not ready for certain actions, so the scene will be remade by 90-95%. So the saves won't work (sorry)... I hope I won't be bombarded with a barrage of criticism once again...
I would also like to talk to you frankly. You know I'm working on my games for several years now, and I've invested a lot of money into my work machine, (about 7 thousand dollars) I also constantly buy professional assets, some I make myself, and I spend a lot of time on game development... It doesn't pay off in any way... After the update, I'll look at the dynamics of supporting my development... If it stays the same give or take, I'm thinking of freezing work on my games... I don't know, for a month or two, six months to a year, for good? I don't know yet... I'll turn off payment, so you won't lose your money... I think Patreon has this feature... But let's be more positive and hope all will be well! Peace and goodness to all!

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
View attachment 1866921

Smartass 0.07 News
Hi friends. It's been quite a while since I shared with you the process of working on the next update. The work is in full swing... Already about 80% of the visual part of the update is done. Why am I publishing this picture? Because I decided to change a little bit of this scene, not because of the criticism of certain individuals that it was a terrible decision to add to the game this scene, but because I felt that at this stage, the MC is not ready for certain actions, so the scene will be remade by 90-95%. So the saves won't work (sorry)... I hope I won't be bombarded with a barrage of criticism once again...
I would also like to talk to you frankly. You know I'm working on my games for several years now, and I've invested a lot of money into my work machine, (about 7 thousand dollars) I also constantly buy professional assets, some I make myself, and I spend a lot of time on game development... It doesn't pay off in any way... After the update, I'll look at the dynamics of supporting my development... If it stays the same give or take, I'm thinking of freezing work on my games... I don't know, for a month or two, six months to a year, for good? I don't know yet... I'll turn off payment, so you won't lose your money... I think Patreon has this feature... But let's be more positive and hope all will be well! Peace and goodness to all!
a new wave of criticism regarding saves incompatibility is almost certain, i would bet.

regarding support/patrons, unfortunately, i dont think there will be some significant increase, so you will probably have to put your games projects on hold, and take it 100% as hobby, working on it when you feel so.

a shame, considering the quality of both of your projects, you do deserve considerably more support, yet thats the way things have turned out for you. there is no justice, even for the patient ones, sadly.

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
View attachment 1866921

Smartass 0.07 News
what was he not ready for? He either storms out, stays until it's over which feels like ntr, or fingers her,. If it's the latter how could he not be ready? Or was it just him seeing her with someone else.

Not gonna lie here you're 2 years into development and nothing happens in the game yet. And I say this as a fan of your games as I played both this and the way. I wish you much success and wish you had more financial backing, but in the competitive market of AVNs it's real hard to have an original story this long into development with little action in it to be successful. You may just have to tell the story you want but cut back on expenses and try to make the rest without putting in more money.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
View attachment 1866921

Smartass 0.07 News
Regardless of any feelings I've had about your decisions, I've always wished for nothing but the best for you. I think The Way should have been a huge hit. I think you put a lot of details into it and gave us something that really made me think. I've seen the shallow of the shallow become hits with over a thousand patrons while you have considerably less. Just like Abhai said, things are unfair as they stand.

I don't know how you're changing your scene, but I'm willing to give your game another chance. At the very least, if this IS your last hurrah, I'd want to have earned the right to love or criticize it and any rate :)

Keep being awesome man! I wish you luck in whatever you do and pray you have the success you deserve!

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes