3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
a new wave of criticism regarding saves incompatibility is almost certain, i would bet.

regarding support/patrons, unfortunately, i dont think there will be some significant increase, so you will probably have to put your games projects on hold, and take it 100% as hobby, working on it when you feel so.

a shame, considering the quality of both of your projects, you do deserve considerably more support, yet thats the way things have turned out for you. there is no justice, even for the patient ones, sadly.
Yes, I'll probably stop the opportunity to support me financially, and do occasional releases... Not sure yet... Maybe I'll switch completely to Unreal Engine, and create some indie project on it... As a hobby, or I want to make completely redesigned characters, for example I have an idea to make Clementine from (The Walking Dead), first sculp her in Zbrush, then retopology and rig in Maya...

Reactions: Larry2000

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Regardless of any feelings I've had about your decisions, I've always wished for nothing but the best for you. I think The Way should have been a huge hit. I think you put a lot of details into it and gave us something that really made me think. I've seen the shallow of the shallow become hits with over a thousand patrons while you have considerably less. Just like Abhai said, things are unfair as they stand.

I don't know how you're changing your scene, but I'm willing to give your game another chance. At the very least, if this IS your last hurrah, I'd want to have earned the right to love or criticize it and any rate :)

Keep being awesome man! I wish you luck in whatever you do and pray you have the success you deserve!
Thanks, buddy! I haven't left yet, maybe I want to finish telling my story after all, despite the little interest in my projects...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Larry2000 and Abhai

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 136-2.jpg

0.07 The Smartass NEWS
Hello friends, I want to share with you how the development of the upcoming update is going. Everything is already 90 percent done, but in the last couple of weeks I have added another project. And now I'm running three construction projects at the same time... For this reason, I don't have any time to develop the game at all. I will try to get the update completed in the first to second week of next month. But as of today, I just don't have time to work on the game.
I would like to put your pledges on hold, but I have not found how to do this. I want to pause the pledges indefinitely, as I wrote earlier. I used to see this feature in Patreon, but now I haven't found it. Who knows how to do this, email me personally, step by step... If, however, this feature has been removed from Patreon, then please cancel your pledges.
Thank you for your attention.
Peace and goodness to all!

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017

Developer's Diary Smartass 0.07
Getting to work on one of the last scenes of the update, the scene with Mr. Jarah.

I looked at him... This funny-looking dude went through the war? He looked about 30 years old at the most...
I thought we should do something with his look, because this face is not suitable for a man who was in the war and lost his eyesight there.
Moreover, I've decided to work for my own pleasure, I want to work the way I did when I started working on the game. Working out small details, doing post-processing of images...

After several hours of work, I was satisfied with the result. Mr. Jarah now looks the way I would like him to look... I also redid his whole house, his lot... All the changes you will see in the upcoming update...
Stay tuned...

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 122-1.jpg

The Smartass 0.07 Work in progress...
Hello friends, it's been a long time since I posted any news about the development of the game... Been very busy... Got sick a week ago, and now I have time to work on the game. I'm almost done with everything, now working on the scene I said I would remake. I hope to do a release soon...
Peace and goodness to all!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Me be thinking about you too, hun. Looking at the sky, watching your eerie plump silhouete
made of gracious weightless clouds passing me by thinking to themsleves:
”Will he call me?” ”Is he checking me out?” ”How do I look like in his eyes?”

Reactions: Krull

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 122-27.jpg

The Smartass 0.07 (work in progress)
Hello, friends, I'm still here... But as before, I'm still at work, a lot of work... so I come home in the evening tired, and not always working on the game. But when I get a chance to work on the game, I work... There's not much left, about 20 renders... I hope to make the release as soon as possible...
So far I don't have access to my first page. trying to fix it...

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017

Hi friends, how are you doing? Friends, I'm still working on the game, but I don't always manage to... In the last ten days, I've only worked on the game for two days. Not enough time to work on the game at all... But I'm doing the best I can. There's one scene left, but there's no way I have time to finish that scene... I hope to finish the update this month, but I can't promise anything...
I'm still working on regaining access to my first patreon page.
Peace!

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 122-62.jpg

Hello friends, I'm still alive and still with you... Well, I'll share the latest news with you. In my RL, things are not going very well, I won't go into details, but there are big problems... Regarding my work, I finished two objects, and I have more free time, so I will be able to spend more time developing the game.
Regarding the upcoming update, I finished all the visuals. What's left to finish is the post-processing. (I haven't done post-processing in a while, but since no one is rushing me now, I want to add post-processing to my visuals) Then I will work on the dialogues later, rewriting many of the dialogues. I want to put more emphasis on storytelling. I want "The Smartass" to be more of a novel.
P.S. What do you think of this image? Maybe turn down the contrast? (I'm not aiming for a realistic image)

Last edited:

JohnLewd

Feb 28, 2021
View attachment 2100153

Hello friends, I'm still alive and still with you... Well, I'll share the latest news with you. In my RL, things are not going very well, I won't go into details, but there are big problems... Regarding my work, I finished two objects, and I have more free time, so I will be able to spend more time developing the game.
Regarding the upcoming update, I finished all the visuals. What's left to finish is the post-processing. (I haven't done post-processing in a while, but since no one is rushing me now, I want to add post-processing to my visuals) Then I will work on the dialogues later, rewriting many of the dialogues. I want to put more emphasis on storytelling. I want "The Smartass" to be more of a novel.
P.S. What do you think of this image? Maybe turn down the contrast? (I'm not aiming for a realistic image)
Sorry to hear that about your situation, don't let it get to you, keep it positive, everything in life is for a purpose and every supposed bad situation actually get's you to better state of mind, if you look it from a third perspective and learn from it.
When comes to the game in my opinion for that kind of game, you need a darker tone to match the fealings of the atmosphere around the characters, and make the characters more in depth, but realistic for a female in their feminine energy, and man in tribulations and fails and problem-solving build up masculinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee95 and Krull

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
View attachment 2100153

there is no one who can avoid bumpy road from time to time...while i do appreciate user above trying to cheer you up by telling "stay positive, every bad situation can make you better, etc" i dont agree with that, fully.
there are bad situations which are just that - bad situations, where only good is staying alive and having, if not the first one, then few scars more. bearing those scars makes us humans, so if you look it that way, there is some positive from even those very bad situations at the end.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017

Sorry to hear you having problems, i wish you all the best in order to manage and overcome them so you can put them behind you.
As for the image if you want a bit more neutral/balanced image use a threshold filter to check the levels of black an white across the image between foreground and background and use a levels filter to even it out and change blend mode to luminosity after.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
0.07-8.jpg

Hello friends, I'm almost done working on the game, there's not much left... If I have enough time, I'll try to make the release this week. But as always I can't promise anything... My work is not rationed...

I'll keep you posted. Have a good day!

Last edited:

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
View attachment 2139093

Hello friends, I'm almost done working on the game, there's not much left... If I have enough time, I'll try to make the release this week. But as always I can't promise anything... My work is not rationed...

I'll keep you posted. Have a good day!
This image reminds me of the iconic opening menu of The Last of Us. Such a cool atmosphere :)
I hope more than anything that you've been able to recover from your past problems and are able to come back with full force :) Obviously you should take you TIME! Don't burn out and keep trying. You're one of the Dev's that I've respected most all these years. You've kept putting together your ideas, even if they didn't get the most attention, you kept doing things as you liked.

I hope the update kicks ass and I wish you continued luck, support and good health as you continue to do you best :D

Reactions: Abhai

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 122-24.jpg

Hi friends, sorry I haven't been in touch for a while... Believe me, I had my reasons... Unfortunately I have no time to finish the release in any way. It seems like there are only a couple of days of work left, but I just can not find the time to sit down and spend a few hours working on the game. I hope that I will make the release this month. I really want to tell you a story, a complete story, with unexpected twists and turns, with emotions, joy and sadness... But for now, unfortunately, I can't find the time to work on the game. I come home from my main job tired, and I only have enough time to watch a couple of YouTube videos and read a couple of news reports.
The good news is, I found a way to pause your pledges! I won't resume pledges until I release at least two updates, or until I start working steadily on the game, or until the pledge count gets closer to $2000, maybe $1000? XD What do you think?
Again, really hoping to release an update this month!
Peace and goodness to all, friends!

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
The good news is, I found a way to pause your pledges!
And it felt weird when I got my Patreon bill :confused:

But hey! IRL work is good news (except when it's for me... but that's another story :ROFLMAO:), so have fun, take your time, and lots of good stuff for this new year!

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
And it felt weird when I got my Patreon bill :confused:

But hey! IRL work is good news (except when it's for me... but that's another story :ROFLMAO:), so have fun, take your time, and lots of good stuff for this new year!
don't get it... Have you had your money withdrawn?
Thanks, hopefully there will be more time and motivation this year.
How are you doing? How are your weekends going? snowboarding?

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
don't get it... Have you had your money withdrawn?
Thanks, hopefully there will be more time and motivation this year.
How are you doing? How are your weekends going? snowboarding?
You didn't show up on the invoice, that's why it looked weird :ROFLMAO:

Everything's good, monoskiing (and not snowboarding :devilish: ) from next wednesday. I had a lot of work to finish before I could leave.
So, when I come back I sharpen the whip... :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Zee95
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes