DonSquiggles

Jun 28, 2017
So the outfit previews were just a time waste, and it's gonna take even longer than it already was, that's just wonderful, or I'm a pessimist and it'll be great.

Jun 10, 2021
So, the outfit previews from the last few months were from their old lead artist Idlecum. Idlecum has left the project and now all the art is being completely redone with a new lead artist. Idlecum was enhancing the older art and while I love this new art as well, it feels markedly different in appearance and feels like replacing the older art rather than enhancing it. It's better than the older art, but it's not the same. Idlecum went through the older art and upgraded it where necessary, this is now replacing all of it. Here's the big bummer/bad news, the bonus day may not be happening at all. Due to all that must be done, any additional bonus day events and/or art may not even happen. (There was once even talk of animations) The bonus day was supposed to be in the new art style from Idlecum, which is why the game was being remade first. I don't know what's going to happen from now on, but my hopes of seeing Hannah and Anna and the other new girls in Tropical Daze and how they would interact with the Snow Daze girls is most likely not going to happen for years now. I'd assume 2 to 3 years as they remake this game. Honestly, this seems like a bad play just due to the time issues and the fact that this wasn't brought up in the 2 months since Idlecum's work was last seen is not very transparent. For supporters, they now have to support Snow Daze's development for most likely multiple years before moving onto Tropical Daze when it was initially going to be around 1 to 1 and a half years required before Snow Daze would be finalized. That's what the estimation was for when a finished Snow Daze in the upgraded art style with a bonus day would take. It's kinda funny that this would now be the sixth, maybe seventh, artsyle this game would have. The waiting begins once again, allll over again. :(

Jun 10, 2021
Honestly, this feels the same way I felt when Mick Gordon no longer worked on Doom Eternal. His successor, Andrew Hulshult, still made an amazing OST for the dlc for Doom Eternal, but it's just not the same and I prefer the original.

Jun 10, 2021
I dont even get why we need all this art redone they should just focus on new content forreal. I keep saying this but the only thing we never got was some vaginal pregnant sex they should add that in a extra day thats a time skip or atleast at the end of the next games ending so that all the girls can have this the whole fam the mom evrybody solo endings or harem endings cause i like the game but the only pregnant thing we see is just them sitting on the chear in wedding clothes in the end i would have liked a scene aswell. I wanted this so bad for the mom.
So did I, sadly we won't get that for a long time now, if ever. I understand that the art had to be redone to reach a certain professional standard, but this is now disappointing. I was willing to wait, but this much waiting is a hard sell.

DonSquiggles

Jun 28, 2017
so wait, did they just drop that there was a new artist out of nowhere? Cause if they did it without any preamble than it seems like a bit of a bad move.

Jun 10, 2021
Like the reason this upsets me more then most games is cause this game had good art and english voice acting like thats something i normaly only have on japanese hentai games. Also no ntr or sharing and the dad left. And no other weird stuff.

I feel like i get why they are doing this but at this point i would just leave the art as it is and make the new stuff with another artist most people wont care that the art for the new stuff is a little different better then just milking the devs for years for something they dith not have control over. This sucks its one of my favorite games on f95zone i wanted more mom and son incest content and after the impregnation we saw acual vaginal pregnant sex the wedding was nice but i wanted scenes for the pregnant endings. :D
If Idlecum came back, progress would be much further ahead, but they left the project due to "internet issues" whatever that means. I wish them the best and hope the project goes smoothly without them, but a part of me hopes they come back

Jun 10, 2021
Geez, well that's just disappointing on a couple of levels for me
Right? This was the one nsfw game company I really liked because they had a proven track record, were generally pretty professional, and were consistent and transparent with updates on what was happening to the game, but that transparency is now gone it seems.

DonSquiggles

Jun 28, 2017
Like, if Idlecum dropped out and they informed their subscribers that's fine, stuff like that happens, but they clearly sat on it for a bit. At the least long enough to get new art from their new artist.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
It's likely there was a falling out internally with Idlecum. And the redoing of all the art is necessary because he wanted creatively wanted his art removed, it's possible.

Genuinely I like the new art but I don't think it's necessary. Personally I would have preferred they work on Tropical Dazed or the new day, especially with doing streams with the VO's mean they were around to do what was it, 1h? 90m? of stuff. At this point I can only assume the updating to art was a slooooow burn way of phasing Idlecum's art out of the project to either avoid paying him in any capacity or he flat out wanted nothing to do with it.

Because I genuinely still cannot comprehend why they're putting so much work into already done content. I think no one came out of the final build going "Damn that was rough. Needs touching up." I think the main issue I had is you could tell, update to update it was getting more and more to the bone.

I dunno. I ain't paying for it. I just find it boggling. There's a lot of work to do. And as someone put it, outfit stuff was sus. AFAIR the outfits in the game were automatic through the story, not selectable. So if they're going back to add options to pick one sure. But one thing I noticed is there was extra day art and teasers posted, then there was a sprinkle of revamped art, now it's purely revamped. So it's obvious they've retroactively gone back.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I dunno. I ain't paying for it. I just find it boggling. There's a lot of work to do. And as someone put it, outfit stuff was sus. AFAIR the outfits in the game were automatic through the story, not selectable. So if they're going back to add options to pick one sure. But one thing I noticed is there was extra day art and teasers posted, then there was a sprinkle of revamped art, now it's purely revamped. So it's obvious they've retroactively gone back.
In the extras menu, you can select nonstandard outfits. I don't remember if that's a post-clear bonus or if it has other requirements, though. As for the point about replacing the artwork, that could well be a contractual issue with idlecum, as you noted.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
In the extras menu, you can select nonstandard outfits. I don't remember if that's a post-clear bonus or if it has other requirements, though. As for the point about replacing the artwork, that could well be a contractual issue with idlecum, as you noted.

Damn, I may need to replay it then, I legit don't remember that.

It's also likely Idlecum didn't like the company or didn't like the game to have his art attached to it. Seen it a few times where artists get hired, game becomes big but they do end up doing fetishes/scenes they personally don't like and agree with. Idlecum likely didn't like something in Snowdazed or didn't want to continue working with CZ for TD. One way or another I think it's likely he looked at Snow Dazed, Extra Day and Tropical and then thought that whatever he was conflicted over wasn't worth the money and left and in turn asked for all his art to be removed.

As you said if contractually he owns the art assets, which is very likely, it was most likely very easy for him to say "Get rid of it." Which I mean is funny if true that the devs didn't contractually say once a game/update is finished the art is owned by the company and not the artist and that loophole has now forced them to remake the game.

Aug 11, 2019
I mean he was just updating the art so far right. The game is already done like i said before at this point they should just make the new stuff with their newest artist and be done with it.

Im cerious tho was idlecum the first artist to work on this game?
Nope, I know Brellom and other artists worked on it at the very beginning.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Okay...okay...just finally red through and saw the fucking BOMB that dropped!

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK!!!!!!!

So hold on....they announced new day. Promote it for MONTHS, FINALLY release minor touch ups, promote the next few update with outfit and background previews, wait nearly half a goddamn year AND THEN SUDDENLY JUAT DROP THE GODDAMN BOMBSHELL THAT THE ARRIST THAT MADE RHE GAMW FAMOUS IS NOW GONE, but NOT ONLY THAT....

THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME NEEDS TO BE REMADE?!

What....what....what....

Dude. Do you have ANY fucking idea how long it too the first full release of the game to come out?! Dude. It took a couple years to even reach the final day...and we waited more than half a year for the final day.

Do you...ducking understand just how goddamn linf it’s going to be to completely remake the game from scratch with a new goddamn artist?!

The bonus days are going to take several years...the animations might not even happen. What the fuck is this?!

4.30 star(s) 122 Votes