Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,676 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,431 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,921 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,232 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,957 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,710 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,577 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,812 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
Since SOMEbody is slacking off :D and not updating the Walkthrough mod, I thought I would go ahead and share my variant. Since I went through the trouble of bringing it up to date for my Android port and all. I'm not 100% sure I caught every little nuance of the game, so if there is something that you think I missed please let me know.

Mod updated for game version 0.7 WW:
NOTE once again, this is a significant rewrite and I'm not going to pretend that I'm perfect, so something might have been missed.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Mega
thank you

Oct 10, 2022
fuck Candrid. that trecherous snake deserves to be cut down
I really don't like her either but can't be mad for playing the game, eh?;)

I can't remember where I saw it and can't find it here. But I have written in my notes from when I started playing this however long ago that was. "If you want harem, have to play BB. No harem on other clans." So I must have seen it somewhere, I note if it's just speculation and I didn't write that.
I am pretty sure dev said it but I don't know where I've seen it. Maybe discord?:unsure:

I respect the taste of people who put Astrid on top. ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SlowGoesSlow

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I started off playing the BB path before the rework... even then Candrid was always sus, but after I came back to play the reworked version and chose the WW path, pixels or not, I hate that bitch. She single-handedly ruined any interest I had in playing BB, which sucks because that appears to be the only clan where we can have more than 1 LI simultaneously.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Wtf why couldn't i reject Astrid and Lizgard?! Is my affinity too high or something? Currently Astrid is 5 and Liz is 3. The only goddamn LI for me is Astrja
Has anyone been able to avoid the Lizgard scene?

Even dropped her affinity and story points to minus. It still came up. I've checked variables, can't see anything obvious.

I'm doing a faithful Astrja path at the moment and don't want to cheat. It seems strange, that every other sex scene is avoidable, but not this one.

Just want to check that it is avoidable, before checking more thoroughly if I did something wrong.

earthfire

Sep 13, 2016
I started off playing the BB path before the rework... even then Candrid was always sus, but after I came back to play the reworked version and chose the WW path, pixels or not, I hate that bitch. She single-handedly ruined any interest I had in playing BB, which sucks because that appears to be the only clan where we can have more than 1 LI simultaneously.
As someone who just played this and Sandstorm right before the new update came out, I'm curious, what all changed in the rework?

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Soo first time playing this in a loooong time, 2 years to be exact looking at my comment history.
Overall this was a very enjoyable revist lots of pretty girls and choices that matter only thing that threw me of was that I was not expecting there to be so many supernatural things in the plot but then again the game starts with the mc time traveling so maybe it's not that suprising.
The 3 paths seem split into 6 distinct paths at the end of the current content which is cool different flavors of evil,neutral and good basically. I am always a big proponent of player choice in vns, but to ape my past self 3 paths seems like a lot of split development time for the devn, 6 even more so but I guess we will see.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

sirlars05

Jan 19, 2023
A solo run on the WW path does not make any sense. If you only go for Astrja, meaning all other day events you chose bad options and have 0 relationship points for everyone except her, you get the following scenes which don't make any sense.

1. After failing a relationship check with Astrid in her house, she says she can't trust you anymore and wants to spend time with her dad. The next scene is the deciding scene between Mathilda and Thorsten (Astrja), where after choosing Thorsten, Astrid comes up to you and kisses you?? Later you go back to her place to give her the rocking chair, she seems happy and all of a sudden its 'point check = fail... Astrid felt very difficult emotions today'. So you go from no relationship and trust issues, to a kiss, to difficult emotions and no ending.

2. The story with Liz is even worse. When doing everything wrong (not praying with her, not helping her with her dress and in general just being uninterested) after the raid you get the scene where you go up to the mountain (even with 0 relationship points) where you go down on her and after not trying to rape her, explaining her what love is. How and why does that happen?

This game has some potential and nice plot points, but I feel the idea of commiting to one clan and still having events with people from other clans was not well done. If I commit to the WW for example, with intentions to only pursue Astrja or Astrid, why can I fall in love with Liz or fuck Sonya?

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
A solo run on the WW path does not make any sense. If you only go for Astrja, meaning all other day events you chose bad options and have 0 relationship points for everyone except her, you get the following scenes which don't make any sense.

1. After failing a relationship check with Astrid in her house, she says she can't trust you anymore and wants to spend time with her dad. The next scene is the deciding scene between Mathilda and Thorsten (Astrja), where after choosing Thorsten, Astrid comes up to you and kisses you?? Later you go back to her place to give her the rocking chair, she seems happy and all of a sudden its 'point check = fail... Astrid felt very difficult emotions today'. So you go from no relationship and trust issues, to a kiss, to difficult emotions and no ending.

2. The story with Liz is even worse. When doing everything wrong (not praying with her, not helping her with her dress and in general just being uninterested) after the raid you get the scene where you go up to the mountain (even with 0 relationship points) where you go down on her and after not trying to rape her, explaining her what love is. How and why does that happen?

This game has some potential and nice plot points, but I feel the idea of commiting to one clan and still having events with people from other clans was not well done. If I commit to the WW for example, with intentions to only pursue Astrja or Astrid, why can I fall in love with Liz or fuck Sonya?
Had the same problems doing a solo Astrja run. So I removed gallery mod (to make sure that wasn't problem), went back to start and did a speed run. Had to check, cause there has been nothing sexual forced at all and suddenly there is. It didn't make sense.

The Lizgard scene appears to be coding/linking error. After leaving Astrid it should jump to scene (chap5ww4n) instead it's jumping to (chap5ww5). The good news is it doesn't to appear to effect your path (apart from giving Liz a point). The story continues like it didn't happen (so far).

The Astrid one is a bit weirder. But I still suspect it's coding. There should have been a different scene if you didn't get the HJ from Astrid. But I can't find a scene that should be playing instead. Maybe it was accidently left out. Maybe someone with better skills than me (I'm purely an amateur with no coding skills at all) can find it. But, it also appears that after that scene, the path goes back to didn't happen (again, so far).

There was a lot of stuff that worked if you were doing a manwhore run, but on solo paths it was just way off.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
As someone who just played this and Sandstorm right before the new update came out, I'm curious, what all changed in the rework?
The rework came out several updates back. Basically, we used to be able to have access to all the LIs from whatever clan we chose, plus any 2 LI of the other 2 clans we didn't join as long as they weren't the main LI from that clan. After the rework, essentially we are shoehorned 2 girls from outside our chosen clan to act as side LIs. All choice has been taken away, which normally I'd be fine with if it wasn't for the fact that seemingly all our LIs outside the BB's are solo LIs.

Just my luck, the only clan that gives us any semblance of a harem is the one with the least desired 'LIs'... and I use that term broadly, as none of the girls willing to be part of the BB harem come off as true LIs.

Reactions: Milton749

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Had the same problems doing a solo Astrja run. So I removed gallery mod (to make sure that wasn't problem), went back to start and did a speed run. Had to check, cause there has been nothing sexual forced at all and suddenly there is. It didn't make sense.

The Lizgard scene appears to be coding/linking error. After leaving Astrid it should jump to scene (chap5ww4n) instead it's jumping to (chap5ww5). The good news is it doesn't to appear to effect your path (apart from giving Liz a point). The story continues like it didn't happen (so far).

The Astrid one is a bit weirder. But I still suspect it's coding. There should have been a different scene if you didn't get the HJ from Astrid. But I can't find a scene that should be playing instead. Maybe it was accidently left out. Maybe someone with better skills than me (I'm purely an amateur with no coding skills at all) can find it. But, it also appears that after that scene, the path goes back to didn't happen (again, so far).

There was a lot of stuff that worked if you were doing a manwhore run, but on solo paths it was just way off.
My only issue with a manwhore WW run is we are given some hints that despite a sibling rivalry for the affections of the MC, there seems to be options where we can try for both sisters and even somewhat encouraged by a certain sympathetic character. Additionally, there was no real reason for the side LI's paths to suddenly effectively end after this last update. It's not like there was an ultimatum issued by either sister to choose or lose them.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
My only issue with a manwhore WW run is we are given some hints that despite a sibling rivalry for the affections of the MC, there seems to be options where we can try for both sisters and even somewhat encouraged by a certain sympathetic character. Additionally, there was no real reason for the side LI's paths to suddenly effectively end after this last update. It's not like there was an ultimatum issued by either sister to choose or lose them.
I do a manwhore run just to check out content. But since I wasn't really interested in most of the BB's decided to do solo paths mainly. It didn't really affect me, but you're right, the sisters weren't pushing MC to choose. MC decided on his own. But what was weird, that if you choose Astrja, you immediately go to Gertrud's and talk about Astrid, agree with it and how she's been in love for ages (when on a Astrja path, she hasn't been). Perhaps another bad linking or bad dialogue? This latest update seemed to have a lot of these problems, that haven't been present before.

Perhaps a certain sympathetic character was thrown in prison for encouraging MC/Astrid, not for the other reason. :LOL: ;)

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Yeah that last scene ended on a bit of a cliffhanger and not who I assumed would be responsible for what went down with Torsten. I always thought Candrid was hot... hot and crazy sus... and after playing the WW, she ruined any interest I had in playing the BB path. The only reason I even entertained going BB was for Yrsa, but it becomes apparent that's a solo path only... not sure about Sonja tho.

On the WW path, despite being really good friends with Astrja, or maybe because she is really good friends with her, she doesn't want to get in between the MC and Astrja and will end things before they can begin. My question is, whether we are supposed to NOT get any points with any of the WW LIs if we are aiming for a Sonja romance on the WW path? She enters the story as a possible LI pretty late, not sure if it was even possible to entertain the idea of a throuple.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah that last scene ended on a bit of a cliffhanger and not who I assumed would be responsible for what went down with Torsten. I always thought Candrid was hot... hot and crazy sus... and after playing the WW, she ruined any interest I had in playing the BB path. The only reason I even entertained going BB was for Yrsa, but it becomes apparent that's a solo path only... not sure about Sonja tho.

On the WW path, despite being really good friends with Astrja, or maybe because she is really good friends with her, she doesn't want to get in between the MC and Astrja and will end things before they can begin. My question is, whether we are supposed to NOT get any points with any of the WW LIs if we are aiming for a Sonja romance on the WW path? She enters the story as a possible LI pretty late, not sure if it was even possible to entertain the idea of a throuple.
On Astrja path I had Astrja maxed out, Astrid on 0, Mathilda probably around 4. And Sonja was 1. I still did all the 'Date' stuff and flirting and telling her how hot she was, so there might be a chance. It seemed a bit over the top for just integrating her into WW. If there is a chance for throuple, IMO, it will be Astrja & Sonja they both have a lot of respect and admiration for each other.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
On Astrja path I had Astrja maxed out, Astrid on 0, Mathilda probably around 4. And Sonja was 1. I still did all the 'Date' stuff and flirting and telling her how hot she was, so there might be a chance. It seemed a bit over the top for just integrating her into WW. If there is a chance for throuple, IMO, it will be Astrja & Sonja they both have a lot of respect and admiration for each other.
I hope so, I have my fingers crossed we might come to an arrangement where Astrja feels bad for her friend losing first her husband... then her clan, and decides she's ok with sharing the MC with her.

• Love
Reactions: Milton749

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
I hope so, I have my fingers crossed we might come to an arrangement where Astrja feels bad for her friend losing first her husband... then her clan, and decides she's ok with sharing the MC with her.
I think Astrja might be fine with sharing MC as long as she's the official wife.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I can see Astrja being the good friend and sympathetic person she is... would be ok with that. As the next leader of the clan, it would make sense for Astrja to marry the MC and be the official/main wife. Depending on whether they allow polygamy, Sonja could be wife #2, or just the MC's lover/unofficial wife.

Unfortunately, after this update if we don't tell Sonja we love her and not Astrja, Sonja is the one already wanting to end things before even talking to Astrja first. Technically we could just lie and say we don't love Astrja and tell Sonja what she wants to hear, but I don't think that's a good way to try and start a throuple relationship.

Crazonian1

Apr 2, 2022
Well, on the plus side, the story is pretty good, and the visuals are captivating as always. That said, the lewd scenes were underwhelming, as per usual imo, which is especially tragic cause you get lewdness with Liz, Mathilda, Astrid and Astrja, basically the four best girls in the game (once again imo). Those scenes were bitterly disappointing, zero faps out of 10. Dev needs to work on his animations i feel.

I did quite enjoy the Taming of the Shrew aspect of Mathilda's scene, though it pissed me off when Candrid shows up, cockblocking round two. And all to just act like the proverbial serpent in the garden of eden, trying to entice Adam and Eve to bite the apple. Who is she trying to fool with her blatant patronizing and empty platitudes. Like, i know, storywise, Mathilda is probably going to join the Candrid faction, as one character in each Clan, (including Candrid herself) seems to be doing so, I just wish it was handled better. My MC, in the Mathilda playthru, was actually a pretty nice guy all things considering, right up until that important choice, and suddenly he's dark side. I don't know, i didn't care for it. I'll probably continue with it to see what happens, but my canon playthru now is leaving BB with Yrsa. I still hope i take my thrall Helga with me, but i guess we shall see.

Reactions: TxMAX_90
4.30 star(s) 49 Votes