Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,662 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,428 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,915 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,228 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,950 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,705 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,572 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,805 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 790 9.7%

• Total voters

erkper

May 16, 2018
It's funny how Candrid is fooling so many players with her chaotic girl and airhead facade, when in fact she is nothing like that.
Don't really care what she is really like behind her "facade," only what she's actually doing, which is really, really shitty behavior toward MC and others. I'm rather looking forward to her (hopefully) inevitable fall, though I am worried who she might drag to oblivion with her.

[edit] -
She needs to be behind everything, she is aiming to become the next leader of the BB, if she wasn't then Ragnar and Sonja would have stayed as the leaders.

She wasn't the one who sent Yulla. Candrid doesn't want to give the MC anything for free, agree says as much, she wants the MC to go get things. She is grooming him to become the next figurehead of the BB, she gives him a taste of what he can become to entice him.
I disagree, I think she sent Yulla, in part as you said to entice MC, but also so she could make sure Yrsa would walk in on them. She views Yrsa as a threat to her plans for MC and wants to break their relationship.

Reactions: Raziel_8

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Don't really care what she is really like behind her "facade," only what she's actually doing, which is really, really shitty behavior toward MC and others. I'm rather looking forward to her (hopefully) inevitable fall, though I am worried who she might drag to oblivion with her.
That is where the story is going for the BB path, Candrid vs Sonja. If you want to stop her, you will need to side with Sonja in the upcoming battle royale for the BB leadership.
I disagree, I think she sent Yulla, in part as you said to entice MC, but also so she could make sure Yrsa would walk in on them. She views Yrsa as a threat to her plans for MC and wants to break their relationship.
Candrid is actually (pleasantly) surprised if you make the deal with Yulla. She wants the MC to become someone that the BB can rally behind and see as a leader, but she wants him to become one on his own volition, not forced by her.
I do think if you fuck Yulla, she sends Yrsa to find you, but that is not an opportunity than something she planned IMO.

erkper

May 16, 2018
That is where the story is going for the BB path, Candrid vs Sonja. If you want to stop her, you will need to side with Sonja in the upcoming battle royale for the BB leadership.

Candrid is actually (pleasantly) surprised if you make the deal with Yulla. She wants the MC to become someone that the BB can rally behind and see as a leader, but she wants him to become one on his own volition, not forced by her.
I do think if you fuck Yulla, she sends Yrsa to find you, but that is not an opportunity than something she planned IMO.
She certainly wants MC to be someone she can bend to her will if and when he becomes a/the leader of the clan. If it's by his choice or hers, do you think she really cares as long as she is the one actually calling the shots? Judging by her actions with Helga in his tent and Yulla, IMO she probably prefers forcing the role on MC (assuming, of course, she's pulling his strings.)

Oct 10, 2022
She wasn't the one who sent Yulla. Candrid doesn't want to give the MC anything for free, agree says as much, she wants the MC to go get things. She is grooming him to become the next figurehead of the BB, she gives him a taste of what he can become to entice him.
Smirking after she saw Yrsa leaving MC's tent, making fun of MC and Yrsa relationship and waiting near to MC and Yulla, if MC goes for it Yrsa shows up if not she does not, not to mention Yulla being pet of her. I think too much coincidence if she was not behind it.

Reactions: Raziel_8 and erkper

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
She certainly wants MC to be someone she can bend to her will if and when he becomes a/the leader of the clan. If it's by his choice or hers, do you think she really cares as long as she is the one actually calling the shots? Judging by her actions with Helga in his tent and Yulla, IMO she probably prefers forcing the role on MC (assuming, of course, she's pulling his strings.)
Yes, because for her plans to actually succeeds, the MC needs to become a leader, you can't force someone to do that. MC will an outsider, she needs the other members to actually want to follow him for her plans to be successful.
Smirking after she saw Yrsa leaving MC's tent, making fun of MC and Yrsa relationship and waiting near to MC and Yulla, if MC goes for it Yrsa shows up if not she does not, not to mention Yulla being pet of her. I think too much coincidence if she was not behind it.
The MC is the one who brings up the new deal, if he doesn't bring Yulla doesn't try to have sex with him.
And the scene plays exactly the same if you aren't romancing Yrsa (you even get more approval points with Candrid it you aren't). But I do agree that she is the one who sent Yrsa there.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes, because for her plans to actually succeeds, the MC needs to become a leader, you can't force someone to do that. MC will an outsider, she needs the other members to actually want to follow him for her plans to be successful.

The MC is the one who brings up the new deal, if he doesn't bring Yulla doesn't try to have sex with him.
And the scene plays exactly the same if you aren't romancing Yrsa (you even get more approval points with Candrid it you aren't). But I do agree that she is the one who sent Yrsa there.
Agree to disagree on MC's ability to be "forced" into a leadership role in the clan.

MC brings up the sales deal - Yulla is the one who makes sex part of the package. All he asked for was to use her to liquidate his raiding loot on a regular basis. Which is perfectly logical as he refers to her as a merchant throughout the game.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Agree to disagree on MC's ability to be "forced" into a leadership role in the clan.

MC brings up the sales deal - Yulla is the one who makes sex part of the package. All he asked for was to use her to liquidate his raiding loot on a regular basis. Which is perfectly logical as he refers to her as a merchant throughout the game.
You can ask her to change the deal too, to only have sex with you and Candrid in exchange for the goods.

erkper

May 16, 2018
You can ask her to change the deal too, to only have sex with you and Candrid in exchange for the goods.
Sure, after she suggests sex as a side benefit (the game's words, not mine) to the deal, he can counter-offer that she basically is exclusive to him and Candrice. But she is still the one who suggests sex as part of the deal. In fact, she makes sex a requirement of the deal. And I was wrong, MC doesn't bring up the sales deal, Yulla calls him over and offers it - with the mandatory side benefit. It is absolutely a Candrice set-up in her game to control MC for her own purposes.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Not sure who she is fooling but I am genuinely annoyed by her. When you go for BB she is basically behind everything. Also I am sure she was the one sending Yulla before the raid.
Yes, i liked her at the start, but i just find her really annoying as of now with the shit she pulls. She doesn't seem to be happy about that my MC didn't like rape either.
Also she's against Yrsa, so she can kindly fuck off.

The only other character which i find just as annoying as Candrid is Katja. Which seems like she is just as much into manipulation, seeing how she gets the MC on the raid against Nox orders, and her whole Lizgard is mine bs.

Oct 10, 2022
Yes, i liked her at the start, but i just find her really annoying as of now with the shit she pulls. She doesn't seem to be happy about that my MC didn't like rape either.
Also she's against Yrsa, so she can kindly fuck off.

The only other character which i find just as annoying as Candrid is Katja. Which seems like she is just as much into manipulation, seeing how she gets the MC on the raid against Nox orders, and her whole Lizgard is mine bs.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Raziel_8

Kopioz

Feb 19, 2023
WOW! If the Dev learns a little bit about photography composition, just a basic layout like Rule of Third or Balance, then this game is a masterpiece.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Found this game by chance from a picture in the signature of member JJJ84 here https://f95zone.to/threads/toro-7-ep-7-tora-productions.111945/post-11530078.

I´m impressed by the phantastic composed story (and the Vikings ambience) - congrats to the Devs :love:
After playthrough with WhiteWolves following now 2nd playthrough with DarkRavens.

I hope there is following a Chapter 5 soon :p
That fan sig, from what I remember is done by Lady Aspen, who does fantastic work with her many fan sigs, wallpapers and others on several games (just thought she deserved a shout out).

This game is actually second in the EraStorm Saga of games.
If you haven't played GleenX's SandStorm, I'd suggest you check that one out too if you haven't; it's pretty good (while SnowStorm can be pretty standalone, you'll probably get more out of the experience if you go through SandStorm also.

And as for my choice with that Fan sig; well, Nox is my favorite out of the 2 EraStorm Saga games - heh, I feel GleenX may have his work cut out for him if he's looking to top her in his third EraStorm game. ;)

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
This game is actually second in the EraStorm Saga of games.
If you haven't played GleenX's SandStorm, I'd suggest you check that one out too if you haven't; it's pretty good (while SnowStorm can be pretty standalone, you'll probably get more out of the experience if you go through SandStorm also.
Thanks - I know, but preferred the location in middle age Vikings at first.
Maybe I have a look on SandStorm later.........

Reactions: JJJ84
4.30 star(s) 48 Votes