Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,938 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters
Oct 10, 2022
I actually see it differently.
I'd say her jealousy is sprinkled here and there in not so obvious areas;

- When MC first meets her after Astrja's introduction (assuming on WW's path), soon enough she tries to annoy Astrja with the fact that that her and MC can speak English and her sister can't.

- Early on in the game, one of the dialogue choices iirc with her is she questions to MC "I'm much better than Astrja, right?"
Saying yes to her appeasing her pride/ego results in +1 Affinity point with her, while saying the other option does nothing.

- In that book writing scene where Astrja interrupts, there are 2 choices.
One is the part where you choose who to sit next to. Choosing Astrid (despite Astrja still dragging MC to her side) becomes part of action which leads to +1 Affinity point with her, whereas choosing Astrja does nothing.
Not to mention the last choice; telling Astrja "You're getting in the way of Astrid and I focusing on the book" will become part of action that leads to +1 Affinity point with her.

Sure, part of this some may chalk it up to her immaturity given she's younger than other LIs, but even so I'd say jealousy still plays a bit of a factor with her character (even though it's not as obvious as Mathilda).
I always think that as sibling rivalry not jealousy tbh. There was no reason for jealousy when MC was in the cage but she acts same, also when Astrja brings MC to their home even though Astrid has no interest in MC at that point still acts same towards Astrja. When they were asking ink from Astrja she still badmouths her sister but if you try to intervene she stop you and explains that she loves her sister. So sister rivalry is more likely what she has with Astrja and I believe they are the same with or without MC.
Only think I can think of as jealous act from her, when MC dreams about Rion(other Sandstorm LIs also maybe?) she asks about her and any sense of romantic involvement is visibly bothers her.
So I think we should see her interaction with other girls besides Astja, especially Mathilda.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JJJ84
Jul 24, 2020
Man, it was quite a conversational minefield for me after MC became BB chief. Like half the time Candrid kills my boy, and half the time she gives up her virginity, nice (though its weird she keeps referring to him as a King when he's a Chieftain at most). But in my main playthru MC left BB with Yrsa, (and i wonder if Helga is coming with?). Yrsa, for my money, has to be the best LI in this VN. Candrid and Nox are both equal parts intelligent, conniving and deadly, Astrja and Sonja are both too muscular and bad-ass for me, Mathilda is a shrew from hell, Astrid is a kid who has her head in the clouds, Lizard is so emotionally damaged she probably won't let MC's dick within 5m of her pussy for years, and Katja is a scarred lesbian (also deadly). Yrsa just seems the best all rounder. Mild mannered but tough, beautiful, kind and principled.

This is a pretty top notch VN, only the animations leave anything to be desired. Keep up the good work dev.
I'm pretty sure Helga will stay in the BB. She is a part of the harem Candrid wants to give the MC, and I doubt Yrsa or Sonya would accept her presence. Especially because Helga clearly wants to climb all over the MC.

Reactions: Moon Blaster

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I always think that as sibling rivalry not jealousy tbh. There was no reason for jealousy when MC was in the cage but she acts same, also when Astrja brings MC to their home even though Astrid has no interest in MC at that point still acts same towards Astrja. When they were asking ink from Astrja she still badmouths her sister but if you try to intervene she stop you and explains that she loves her sister. So sister rivalry is more likely what she has with Astrja and I believe they are the same with or without MC.
Only think I can think of as jealous act from her, when MC dreams about Rion(other Sandstorm LIs also maybe?) she asks about her and any sense of romantic involvement is visibly bothers her.
So I think we should see her interaction with other girls besides Astja, especially Mathilda.
For me, I see it differently.
I mean she can still be jealous of what Astrja has with MC despite still loving her sister, you know?
Both aspects can co-exist, and I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive (i.e. if she loves her sister, then she can't be jealous of her) of one another.
Couple off choices with her have been MC giving a negative response towards his other LIs; lion's share of them have been Astrja (as in my previous post), but there's also one other dialogue regarding Nox; Astrid claims Nox is a witch and badmouths her.
Player only gets an affinity point if he has MC agree with her, but gets nothing if he defends Nox (I did exactly the latter in my DR path).
So even if it's not Astrja, if MC speaks positively or defends another LI, it results in no affinity points.
And that, I'd say jealousy comes into play, in a much more subtle way than Mathilda.

I'm not even sure if Mathilda had a proper interaction with Astrid.
In fact, I'm not even sure I remember Astrid talking about Mathilda.
So can't say much on that.

Oct 10, 2022
For me, I see it differently.
I mean she can still be jealous of what Astrja has with MC despite still loving her sister, you know?
Both aspects can co-exist, and I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive (i.e. if she loves her sister, then she can't be jealous of her) of one another.
Couple off choices with her have been MC giving a negative response towards his other LIs; lion's share of them have been Astrja (as in my previous post), but there's also one other dialogue regarding Nox; Astrid claims Nox is a witch and badmouths her.
Player only gets an affinity point if he has MC agree with her, but gets nothing if he defends Nox (I did exactly the latter in my DR path).
So even if it's not Astrja, if MC speaks positively or defends another LI, it results in no affinity points.
And that, I'd say jealousy comes into play, in a much more subtle way than Mathilda (Which is obvious).

I'm not even sure if Mathilda had a proper interaction with Astrid.
In fact, I'm not even sure I remember Astrid talking about Mathilda.
So can't say much on that.
I did not say she can't love her sister while she jealous. I said it was not jealousy it's just sibling rivalry. She does not allow anyone but herself to badmouth her sister even if it was MC. Like I said she acts to same towards Astrja before and after she has romantic interest in MC.
Nox is a witch in her eyes. When her father asks her to get Nox's help, she says from that witch, you can't trust her etc. MC was not present at that conversation since he was on a raid. Was she jealous of Gertrude or her father? She simply does not like Nox and find DR members weird.
She has brief conversation with Mathilda when she was with MC at the market and she was not acting jealous at that interaction. Though what I meant there, her future interactions with other LIs beside Astrja to be sure about whether she is jealous or not.
At least we agree, harem is not gonna happen on Astrid path.

Like I said, it is my opinion you can take it as you like not gonna try to convince you.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Did I do something different when starting over this time or have things changed?

I played 0.4 as bloody bears and I was able to do events with Astrid and the raven with the spear..I can't remember her name with the blue text.

Anyway this time around I couldn't. I felt like I could do more but some weren't available this time around.

BTW great branching point following that story. VERY unexpected at least for me.

But now I do have to wonder I went with Sonja. I mean I WAS with Yrsa, but she walked off.(I'll replay that but I'm not letting Sonja get treated like that come what may.) Seriously you have an asshole as the new leader and someone who honestly should be cast out for being so damn shady and manipulative. It doesn't look good for the Bears. and + 2 Wolves.....which is also why I'd like to do some Astrid scenes while with the Bears.

hmm is Sonja gonna have to dye her hair? Might be the start of ending that rule. Hey Yrsa come back! :p

EDIT: I have to check but maybe the choice at the start about being an Englar affects the hang out choices somewhat.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Did I do something different when starting over this time or have things changed?
Yes, things have changed. Each clan now has a limited number of girls that the MC can romance, you can no longer pursue all girls.
I mean I WAS with Yrsa, but she walked off.(I'll replay that but I'm not letting Sonja get treated like that come what may.)
You can only follow Yrsa to the DR of you don't join the tournament.

Reactions: Dyhart

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I did not say she can't love her sister while she jealous. I said it was not jealousy it's just sibling rivalry. She does not allow anyone but herself to badmouth her sister even if it was MC. Like I said she acts to same towards Astrja before and after she has romantic interest in MC.
Nox is a witch in her eyes. When her father asks her to get Nox's help, she says from that witch, you can't trust her etc. MC was not present at that conversation since he was on a raid. Was she jealous of Gertrude or her father? She simply does not like Nox and find DR members weird.
She has brief conversation with Mathilda when she was with MC at the market and she was not acting jealous at that interaction. Though what I meant there, her future interactions with other LIs beside Astrja to be sure about whether she is jealous or not.
At least we agree, harem is not gonna happen on Astrid path.

Like I said, it is my opinion you can take it as you like not gonna try to convince you.
For me, I probably should have worded the previous post a bit better;
"Astrid can still have sibling rivalry with Astrja and love her as a sister while being jealous of her."

I mean.... why would she be acting differently though especially given the events that happened?
Even if we assume Astrid is jealous, after we build both relationships with her and Astrja up as LIs, there were no scenes post-book creation scene between them which were significant enough with MC in between to incite their rivalry (and jealousy) - given the only proper scene they share after that was when she sees off MC and her sister off on that Jarl Harek (oof, hope I'm remembering the name right) raid.

She says to MC and her sister "Look after each other" or something along those lines - but that doesn't really make me think 'Just cause she's a caring sister, that equates to her not being jealous of relationship her sister may have with the MC.'
A person can still be a caring/decent person (given her sister might get killed) despite having a negative emotion such as jealousy especially when it comes to their kin.
The game moved to more "end of the world Ragnarok" danger arc, and away from the living daily lives in the early part, so I do feel it's irrelevant to compare the After part since all characters' heads are in another thought right now.
But given what we've seen between Astrid and Astrja, I'd say jealousy between them is quite plausible - at least that's my interpretation, anyway lol.

Fair enough on Astrid's reaction to Nox.
With Mathilda, I think her jealousy isn't just necessarily towards MC & Astrja's specific romantic relationship. It felt like whole lot of different things come into play with her;

- Astrja being the chieftain's daughter (so higher position in heirarchy)
- Astrja being more respected in the village
- Astrja being more popular and wooed by more men in the village
- MC not paying as much attention to her

So, a bit of mixture of envy and jealousy.
I'm a bit sucker for flawed characters so Mathilda is my favorite out of WW, and I'm kinda looking forward to where her character goes.
To BB? Ngl, can be quite interesting, given she feels underappreciated with the WW.

Heh, I wasn't trying to convince you either; just stating my pov, nothing more nothing less.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But now I do have to wonder I went with Sonja. I mean I WAS with Yrsa, but she walked off.(I'll replay that but I'm not letting Sonja get treated like that come what may.) Seriously you have an asshole as the new leader and someone who honestly should be cast out for being so damn shady and manipulative. It doesn't look good for the Bears. and + 2 Wolves.....which is also why I'd like to do some Astrid scenes while with the Bears.

hmm is Sonja gonna have to dye her hair? Might be the start of ending that rule. Hey Yrsa come back! :p

EDIT: I have to check but maybe the choice at the start about being an Englar affects the hang out choices somewhat.
You have to pick between each of LIs for Bears;

Siding with Candrid's plan will lock player out of both Yrsa and Sonja with MC becoming the BB leader and getting Candrid and the possible harem (Yulla, Helga).
Siding with Sonja to defend her will get a huge disapproval from Yrsa (since she disapproves of violence in general) and she will leave to join DR without watching the entire tourney.
Siding with Yrsa will result in MC not participating in the tourney and you'll see Sonja despite strong she is, get overwhelmed (until Astrja saves her).

So yeah. Huge branching for Bears with this update.
Makes me think similar maneuver may happen with the other 2 clans as well.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Carefree247

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
You have to pick between each of LIs for Bears;

Siding with Candrid's plan will lock player out of both Yrsa and Sonja with MC becoming the BB leader and getting Candrid and the possible harem (Yulla, Helga).
Siding with Sonja to defend her will get a huge disapproval from Yrsa (since she disapproves of violence in general) and she will leave to join DR without watching the entire tourney.
Siding with Yrsa will result in MC not participating in the tourney and you'll see Sonja despite strong she is, get overwhelmed (until Astrja saves her).

So yeah. Huge branching for Bears with this update.
Makes me think similar maneuver may happen with the other 2 clans as well.
Thanks, yeah Candrid...gonna need more for a choice like that. and if Yrsa Joins the ravens....meh..that's disappointing. Other than Nox, I just don't find them interesting. I mean It certainly requires a playthrough but when compared to the others..least favorite.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how I was with Astrid talking about writing a book when I was NOT with the white wolves...(At least in the replay on the main menu from version 0.4 she commented on me not trusting her sister's escape plan) maybe I was with the ravens. I'm not sure, but the choice about being an Englar or not doesn't change the list of tasks you have each day.

Reactions: JJJ84

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Yes, things have changed. Each clan now has a limited number of girls that the MC can romance, you can no longer pursue all girls.

You can only follow Yrsa to the DR of you don't join the tournament.
lol I wish I saw this earlier. That was definitely the answer I needed. Mixed feeling about it but my questions were answered. :p

Thanks. :)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Thanks, yeah Candrid...gonna need more for a choice like that. and if Yrsa Joins the ravens....meh..that's disappointing. Other than Nox, I just don't find them interesting. I mean It certainly requires a playthrough but when compared to the others..least favorite.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out how I was with Astrid talking about writing a book when I was NOT with the white wolves...(At least in the replay on the main menu from version 0.4 she commented on me not trusting her sister's escape plan) maybe I was with the ravens. I'm not sure, but the choice about being an Englar or not doesn't change the list of tasks you have each day.
lol for me, DR route = Nox route.
Not like Lizgard or Katja interest me all that much but Nox I think is just so ahead of everyone else that she's basically the Queen of this game for me (if she wasn't in this game, I'd say I'll probably lose half the interest with the remainder of LIs :HideThePain: )

With this update, it feels like GleenX started locking LIs to solo exclusive paths (i.e. solo Sonja path, solo Yrsa path) except well.... Candrid (well, with her, there's harem, but she's the only main LI in it. But I guess that remains to be seen in the future BB update).
So quite curious as to whether this lock in solo paths will repeat for the other 2 clans.
As of now, I'm leaning towards it likely will, but I guess we'll see.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know why there is so much surprise about Candrid. She amply demonstrated from her very first appearance that she is a manipulative psychopath. A red flag in human form. She is actually the source of the very first bad end you can get in the game. Generations of people met her descendants and came to the conclusion that gingers have no souls. I always thought that was part of her charm.

Moon Blaster

Oct 3, 2023
Did the dev says that the Sandstorm Lis will appear in Snowstorm ?
for now they appear in the MC dreams only , and that was some updates ago , both series are obviously connected , Sandstorm snow endings are connected to Snowstorm you can say those are the true endings i guess , and the protagonist is the same although he looks older in Snowstorm. Maybe they will eventually show up since they might have been teleported to the Vikings era as well , but when they show up things might get weird if you are dating both a character from Sandstorm and a character from Snowstorm

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes