Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,663 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,429 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,916 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,229 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,950 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,705 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,572 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,805 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 790 9.7%

• Total voters

Jedvin

Jan 30, 2019
Very nice update. I sided with Candrid 'cause becoming a leader sounds sick af. Nice bit of drama with Sonja and Astrja too. At first I wasn't crazy about Candrid, but the update made her very interesting. Now that BBs have lost both Sonja and Yrsa, I hope they gain two new ones. I wanna dominate Mathilda's arrogant ass so bad

Reactions: Mpkstroff

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

I hope we won't have to make a choice like this in ww path.
When I first finished the update I wasn't sure, but looking back and seeing the other characters' behavior as well as replies from other folks I'd say it's more likely we'll need to make such choices for both DR and WW paths.

Otherwise, it's gonna be way unbalanced, with the main LIs numbers
as of v0.5;

BB: 1 (Candrid)
DR: 4 (Nox, Lizgard, Katja, Yrsa)
WW: 4 (Astrja, Astrid, Mathilda, Sonja)

DR & WW will likely need at least 1 member each to defect to BB in order to even things out.
Though I'm guessing the escalation won't be as bloody as it was for BB.

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
This update looks like a template for the other 2, as I said before I'm sure there will be switching but more specifically, it'll go down in the same way as the BB update so the clans match their outside LI's.

I expect ALL secondary LI's to fall out with their current leaders, including Lizgard. You will always be allowed to follow your chosen LI.

Whats cool is that it opens up several routes to end up in a similar position. For example, if you like Yrsa the most you can join the BBs and follow her to Ravens or join Ravens and let her follow you. The difference being that if you start in the tribe you intend to end up in, you've got a clearer path to leadership.

Oct 10, 2022
When I first finished the update I wasn't sure, but looking back and seeing the other characters' behavior as well as replies from other folks I'd say it's more likely we'll need to make such choices for both DR and WW paths.

Otherwise, it's gonna be way unbalanced, with the main LIs numbers
as of v0.5;

BB: 1 (Candrid)
DR: 4 (Nox, Lizgard, Katja, Yrsa)
WW: 4 (Astrja, Astrid, Mathilda, Sonja)

DR & WW will likely need at least 1 member each to defect to BB in order to even things out.
Though I'm guessing the escalation won't be as bloody as it was for BB.
Well not exactly though. When you make the switch you basically locked in that path. So WW does not have 4 LIs anymore, you locked with Sonja or DR for Yrsa. If we make same type of choices for DR and WW, then game will be divided in 9 paths instead of 3. I was expecting that but not this early.
Now to think about it, we will have last update for locking path at the 0.7 ww update, if we assume 1.0 will be the final it's not that early.

Btw, I must say clicking on the body for the lewd scene by far the best solution IMO. I hope other devs will use it too.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I liked the Bear clan update but it's hard to get excited about the idea that your new wife as the MC (if you pick Candrid)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know what the authors smoke sometimes..Is that supposed to to be a plus?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I liked the Bear clan update but it's hard to get excited about the idea that your new wife as the MC (if you pick Candrid)
I don't know what the authors smoke sometimes..Is that supposed to to be a plus?
Body count wasn't a concern in viking society, unless you are talking about killing people in which it was definitely bragging rights. Both the men and the women were on the merry-go-round. They thought that Christians were prudes with wrinkled, shriveled, disused genitals. Marriage and divorces were equally non events but funerals were a big deal even though murders were not.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
She was virgin though. Full of surprises, I agree.
I was testing the waters but after reading what she said on top of the shocking treasure chest reveal I ultimately chose Sonia as my own canonic path,

Body count wasn't a concern in viking society, unless you are talking about killing people in which it was definitely bragging rights. Both the men and the women were on the merry-go-round. They thought that Christians were prudes with wrinkled, shriveled, disused genitals. Marriage and divorces were equally non events but funerals were a big deal even though murders were not.
She is still young to be that big of a cock gobbler but the author chose to make her that way, plus who were these men she metioned? The village isn't that big, realistically speaking most of the men under your command have most likely been sucked off by your wife, what a great leader you are.

Last edited:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Step or foster father is still patridice, she killed her own family to advance her own personal selfish agenda. That's a toxic character. I liked her quite q bit prior to this update.
Ragnar wasn't her father figure, he was the clan leader and she hadn't any links with him, besides being a member of his clan.

I mean, it was really obvious that she had killed Ragnar.

I fiound her true personality more interesting than the facade she was wearing. But Sonja still my favorite :love:

Reactions: Drafox
Oct 10, 2022
Candrid committed patricide
I haven't noticed that, I am aware of regicide but where does it mention that? Not too surprising tbh. Btw, did I understand wrongly or she was in alliance with Draugrs?

My choice in BB was, is and will only be Yrsa though with last update Sonja started become an interesting character, joining WW is also a big plus too. For Yrsa I really don't like Dark Ravens and her joining to them is huge negative effect on her but still, Lizgard and Yrsa being on the same side will be interesting.

Reactions: Drafox

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Ragnar wasn't her father figure, he was the clan leader and she hadn't any links with him, besides being a member of his clan.

I mean, it was really obvious that she had killed Ragnar.

I fiound her true personality more interesting than the facade she was wearing. But Sonja still my favorite :love:
To be fairly honest, it's been a while since I last played the game but as I remember both Ragnar and Sonja were acting as her parents, isn't that the case?
I liked her personality up to this point, she went too far in my opinion, I wouldn't mind having her as a friend with benefits but wifing her is out of the question.

I haven't noticed that, I am aware of regicide but where does it mention that? Not too surprising tbh. Btw, did I understand wrongly or she was in alliance with Draugrs?

My choice in BB was, is and will only be Yrsa though with last update Sonja started become an interesting character, joining WW is also a big plus too. For Yrsa I really don't like Dark Ravens and her joining to them is huge negative effect on her but still, Lizgard and Yrsa being on the same side will be interesting.

My favorite girl right now is Astrja with a close second being Sonja and the third is Nox or Mathilda.

Based on looks alone my pick would be Helga but it's a shame she isn't a main girl.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well not exactly though. When you make the switch you basically locked in that path. So WW does not have 4 LIs anymore, you locked with Sonja or DR for Yrsa. If we make same type of choices for DR and WW, then game will be divided in 9 paths instead of 3. I was expecting that but not this early.
Now to think about it, we will have last update for locking path at the 0.7 ww update, if we assume 1.0 will be the final it's not that early.

Btw, I must say clicking on the body for the lewd scene by far the best solution IMO. I hope other devs will use it too.
I mean, the whole straddling multi-main LIs along in a harem doesn't really feel sustatainable anyway in the long run.
Candrid only works because with her path there only other girls included in the harem are as of this moment are side LIs, Yulla and Helga.

I don't really see Astrja sharing MC with her sister Astrid (they are already pretty competitive about MC over other stuff lol)
And Mathilda already has quite a bit of negative feeling for Astrja anyway with how jealous she is of Astrja getting more respect in the WW clan.
So it wouldn't be surprising if at anytime MC is given an ultimatum by these girls to lock each into a solo relationship.

For DR, it is a bit more complex though, given Lizgard has absolute loyalty to Nox.
In essence, Nox just has a huge advantage over the other girls anyway, given she's with MC's child.
But yeah, I am incredibly biased since Nox is my favorite girl and feel her path is the only interesting one to explore; Katja path is just pretty boring, and Lizgard, well her path feels a bit too vanilla for me I guess.

I was testing the waters but after reading what she said on top of the shocking treasure chest reveal I ultimately chose Sonia as my own canonic path,

She is still young to be that big of a cock gobbler but the author chose to make her that way, plus who were these men she metioned? The village isn't that big, realistically speaking most of the men under your command have most likely been sucked off by your wife, what a great leader you are.
I'm not sure I remember it being said that Candrid is Ragnar's daughter or step daughter lol.
Bur regardless, Candrid's character got a whole lot more engaging for me with this update; before I was kinda indifferent about her character.

But I guess different strokes for different folks.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
To be fairly honest, it's been a while since I last played the game but as I remember both Ragnar and Sonja were acting as her parents, isn't that the case?
Nope, they weren't. She is an wildcard in the BB clan, only true friend she has there is Yulla.

Last edited:

Uxeki44

Oct 15, 2023
*The absurd nonsense dialogues in this game make you laugh

*Candrid is just a oral cumbucket but a virgin!! :ROFLMAO:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Nope, they weren't. She is an wildcard in the BB clan, only true friend she has there is Yulla.

It always felt like even with Ragnar's rule as chieftain, Candrid was just a clan member who was very free spirited and just did whatever she wanted to do, but didn't really feel any sense of loyalty or affection to anyone, other than her friend Yulla.

Then MC came and things changed; and through various "tests" she began getting affections for and decides to help the MC.
And around about early on, Torsten, who I'm guessing at least wanted to indirectly control the Bears clan, paid her to kill Ragnar.
But Torsten severely underestimated Candrid and probably just saw her as a crazy girl, and didn't expect her to be ambitious and cunning; basically he bit off more than he can chew and paid the price lol.

Compared to Torsten, where the player can pretty much piece together what happened based on what Candrid says, with Draugrs, it's left a bit more ambiguous.

But I dunno why, I'm getting the feeling that Ragnarok that Nox has been foretelling about is still coming and this Outcast and Draugr attack on the village is just the start....

Oct 10, 2022
I mean, the whole straddling multi-main LIs along in a harem doesn't really feel sustatainable anyway in the long run.
Candrid only works because with her path there only other girls included in the harem are as of this moment are side LIs, Yulla and Helga.

I don't really see Astrja sharing MC with her sister Astrid (they are already pretty competitive about MC over other stuff lol)
And Mathilda already has quite a bit of negative feeling for Astrja anyway with how jealous she is of Astrja getting more respect in the WW clan.
So it wouldn't be surprising if at anytime MC is given an ultimatum by these girls to lock each into a solo relationship.

For DR, it is a bit more complex though, given Lizgard has absolute loyalty to Nox.
In essence, Nox just has a huge advantage over the other girls anyway, given she's with MC's child.
But yeah, I am incredibly biased since Nox is my favorite girl and feel her path is the only interesting one to explore; Katja path is just pretty boring, and Lizgard, well her path feels a bit too vanilla for me I guess.
I already was aware of the fact the main girls won't share but I felt like it was too early in the game. Though, when you think about when will it end, it's not even early so I am okay with how things going.
Iirc, harem will be available only on BB path as dev stated before. Now, Yrsa and Sonja leaving the BB path, only main girl left is Candrid in BB path. So it's safe to assume what you said.
If you continued from a path that Mathilda is an LI of MC, you can notice Mathilda is the most jealous of all the girls. When MC looking at Sonja and Astrja while thinking what they are talking about, Mathilda get jealous and mumbling why are you looking at them. So for Mathilda even looking is out of option.
I don't get the feeling Astrid is a jealous one but still I don't think she will be part of any harem, probably not because of jealousy but because of her self respect. I can see Astrja cut MC half out of jealousy, so no harem option for her either IMO.
Nox is pretty relax about these kind of stuff, also iirc they mentioned DR people share everything including their LIs. So pretty much same as Candrid for her I think. She would be okay for an harem, if and only if she is without question the main one and all the other girls is only mean play thing for MC. Lizgard is difficult to anticipate, she may be okay for sharing with a little push. Though when you think about her reaction when she see Milka and MC, maybe won't. I have no idea nor any interest in Katja so I honestly don't care. Although, her close relation to Candrid makes me wonder if she would switch sides. She is clearly not happy with Nox and her methods. Iirc, she was the one who tricked MC to go to raid. Maybe Nox will exile her and Candrid will be open her to join their ranks.
All in all, I will probably try 6 or 7 paths, depending on how much they will deviate from each other. As my main path, I hope Astrid will be okay with Rion's return. If not I don't know which one I'll choose. I don't think it will be part of the game though, if you say Rion was your girl or something at the inn to Astrid, she was not very thrilled about it.
Well, we'll wait and see I guess and this update was really good. Focusing on single clan is also very good call if you ask me.

Well that's called regicide not patricide. I thought she killed her father and I somehow missed that.

My favorite girl right now is Astrja with a close second being Sonja and the third is Nox or Mathilda.

Based on looks alone my pick would be Helga but it's a shame she isn't a main girl.
My main girl is by far Astrid. She is perfect in every aspect. Second and third place is too close to pick one, Astrja and Yrsa. Helga and probably soon Fate will be interesting addition to game but I don't think they bring much to become main girls such as Yulla. Also I really don't like Candrid and Nox, despise Katja.

Reactions: Bombmaster

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Now, Yrsa and Sonja leaving the BB path, only main girl left is Candrid in BB path. So it's safe to assume what you said.
Just one thing, Candrid, Astrja and Nox are the main girls. Sonja and Yrsa are secondary LI and characters like Yulla and Helga are side girls.

, I hope Astrid will be okay with Rion's return. If not I don't know which one I'll choose
I don't think Rion will ever get in the Viking age, she and the other 2 SandStorm LI are probably on the other side of the portal, so if the MC wants to get his old lover back, they will have to leave everyone behind IMO.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 48 Votes