VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sofia's Dark Fantasies [Beta v1.05 + Special] [Greuceanu Heavy Industries]

3.50 star(s) 21 Votes

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
well you never know mate, we had a release in november and a release in february...with over 700 images so how's that slow? the price of privilege was to show that we can have storylines outside of fantasies :) to be honest the i am not blaming on anyone, just stating that any disruption is hard and yes beginings, what are the flaws you are mentioning?
there's 800 renders but ai polished on 40, just be clear, each ai image is polished multiple times in 2 different tools and photoshop is at the end :) this isn't render and go mate and AI isn't a single click thing, I tried to explain that good renders and art is complex and not simple.

The costs are what was needed the point i was making is that things cost and that's why most devs quit, I hope not to but it's why the market is consistenly launching the same type of content
to be clear 986 Daz renders so far with 50-100 left to do, 1000+ images that would need to be ai polished through 2 different ai tools that we use + photoshop, I am sure this doesn't matter to anyone but transparency is important :)
Ah, I see. My statement about the 40 renders was based on one of your previous posts saying you had 40 renders ready, so I assumed that's all you had before you decided to abandon this project due to lack of support. I never said you are slow or anything, just that in my opinion a main-story update would have been the play to gain more support so early on in the development. If the game is too expensive to make for y'all, maybe it would be smart to cut-down on the more expensive stuff and get the story going until your income is in a place where you're not running the project at a massive minus.

As for the flaws (that's really depending on who you ask tho), as I said the writing was a big letdown for me personally in the Christmas special. Other things I had mentioned a while ago in my review of the game. I was looking forward to your next full release to see if some of the stuff has gotten better, but that's likely not going to happen anymore from the looks of it.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Ah, I see. My statement about the 40 renders was based on one of your previous posts saying you had 40 renders ready, so I assumed that's all you had before you decided to abandon this project due to lack of support. I never said you are slow or anything, just that in my opinion a main-story update would have been the play to gain more support so early on in the development. If the game is too expensive to make for y'all, maybe it would be smart to cut-down on the more expensive stuff and get the story going until your income is in a place where you're not running the project at a massive minus.

As for the flaws (that's really depending on who you ask tho), as I said the writing was a big letdown for me personally in the Christmas special. Other things I had mentioned a while ago in my review of the game. I was looking forward to your next full release to see if some of the stuff has gotten better, but that's likely not going to happen anymore from the looks of it.
that's great feedback but it's about support not expenses, things costs as much as they should to create a good game, we are close to get funding thanks for a lot of support from patreon and few interested supporters.

I get that the game isn't for everyone and that's why we will limit our interactions on this platform to a min from this point and use patreon as the announcement and teaser platform :)

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
to more clear:

one single image to polish would take 5-6 minutes or up to 10, it's not a single click think, the market isn't ready for this disruption, our patreon went from $90 to $60 after our 2nd release and it costs a bit of money to support team + the electricity to run 2x4090's.

I hoped that people would jump onboard to support but they mostly complained about random things so it's testament to the saying "That's why We Can’t Have Nice Things". I didn't want to waste my time and our teams effort for no reward. thanks again :)

it's not the update schedule but the actual support on patreon, we released 2 different releases and the monthly support was $60 while the daz renderer along costed $1k+, writer $150 a month plus all the other work I did as the creative director and founder (ai polish, daz camera tweaks, custom outfits etc)+ custom outfits ranging from $125 to $250.

I will make a clearer message in the thread, I wanted to see how AI can augument DAZ and i gave the project around 5-6 months and 2-3 releases and not going over $400 in monthly supported made this worthless.
It's the story you picked that is not resonating with your potential audience. First, the only hot scenes you have with all your work are just fantasies...dream segments. There needs to be a main antagonist that your general audience can relate to (I'm willing to bet the vast majority of men would love nothing more than to knock some privileged posh girl down a few pegs). Hobos and obese men that haven't seen their own cock since childhood are not something many can connect with, despite what social media may try telling you. On a positive, you haven't fallen back on the lame brain trope of BBC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Greuceanu

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It's the story you picked that is not resonating with your potential audience. First, the only hot scenes you have with all your work are just fantasies...dream segments. There needs to be a main antagonist that your general audience can relate to (I'm willing to bet the vast majority of men would love nothing more than to knock some privileged posh girl down a few pegs). Hobos and obese men that haven't seen their own cock since childhood are not something many can connect with, despite what social media may try telling you. On a positive, you haven't fallen back on the lame brain trope of BBC.
great feedback and we are moving towards real life sex scenes instead of a fantasies but any story needs a character ark and you achieve that from the first release, the xmas special was bigger then the first release and it showed a world where there's limits and it delivered better quality images and better storytelling (according to the 17 people that responded to our surveys)

good points and the BBC part seems be everywhere along with the well endowed poor teenager, we are trying to do 2 things at min with our game:

1. Have a different story that will become more obvious as the next releases show up
2. Disrupt the entire parardigm of what Daz games look like by using AI.

As a creative director I am looking at these those 2 things above as the key metrics for the game.

thanks again for your feedback :)

Reactions: Jstforme

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
the game is[was]good nothing too out of the ordinary the biggest point for selling is the mc ofc she is nice but again like othere's already told you dream seqcuences are fine once in a wild but we players we want to see with a female protagonist this kind of kinks: cheating,blackmail,sharing,swingin, female dom [only when mc is female] etc.....

sonne1999

May 13, 2023
Why did they give you abandoned tag? You just posted some teasers and said your going to try to keep this project going
Maybe he has not asked the mods yet?. He did say he had given up on the game but has since had a change of heart. I think this is the first time I noticed the abandoned tag, Maybe it is new? or I have not been paying attention.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Why did they give you abandoned tag? You just posted some teasers and said your going to try to keep this project going
Maybe he has not asked the mods yet?. He did say he had given up on the game but has since had a change of heart. I think this is the first time I noticed the abandoned tag, Maybe it is new? or I have not been paying attention.
Check the Patreon link. I think he's abandoned it for good now. Thread already had the tag when he announced it the first time, then removed the tag after he changed his mind, and now it's back to abandoned.

Makes this post from ~2 weeks ago look a little...sad:
that's great feedback but it's about support not expenses, things costs as much as they should to create a good game, we are close to get funding thanks for a lot of support from patreon and few interested supporters.

I get that the game isn't for everyone and that's why we will limit our interactions on this platform to a min from this point and use patreon as the announcement and teaser platform :)
Especially considering it's likely happened after the last billing cycle. Wonder if he's charged his patrons for April...?

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Check the Patreon link. I think he's abandoned it for good now. Thread already had the tag when he announced it the first time, then removed the tag after he changed his mind, and now it's back to abandoned.

Makes this post from ~2 weeks ago look a little...sad:

Especially considering it's likely happened after the last billing cycle. Wonder if he's charged his patrons for April...?
no one was charged:) it's not worth investing time and effort into a project that's not supported, it's not about the money but the fact that innovation or disruption aren't free so we will be focusing on other projects, thank you everyone for your support, we might decide to bring the game back but as of now, it's just not worth our time and investment :)

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
the game is[was]good nothing too out of the ordinary the biggest point for selling is the mc ofc she is nice but again like othere's already told you dream seqcuences are fine once in a wild but we players we want to see with a female protagonist this kind of kinks: cheating,blackmail,sharing,swingin, female dom [only when mc is female] etc.....
great feedback but these things take time to develop a storyline ;) it can't happen from day 1 :) and again different visions for different games but valid points never the less:)

Reactions: shamtiiomi

broho1234

Dec 26, 2021
great feedback but these things take time to develop a storyline ;) it can't happen from day 1 :) and again different visions for different games but valid points never the less:)
Hello,

Your game looks great.

Can you give some more details about the game in your signature "Price of Privilege" ?
It doesn't seem to be available on this site or on your Patreon.

Sorry, found that it's another release of this game.

Reactions: Greuceanu

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hello,

Your game looks great.

Can you give some more details about the game in your signature "Price of Privilege" ?
It doesn't seem to be available on this site or on your Patreon.

Sorry, found that it's another release of this game.
amazing enjoy!

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
no one was charged:) it's not worth investing time and effort into a project that's not supported, it's not about the money but the fact that innovation or disruption aren't free so we will be focusing on other projects, thank you everyone for your support, we might decide to bring the game back but as of now, it's just not worth our time and investment :)
Aw man. I was really looking forward to this game's progress. There should be a disclaimer for all new devs. No matter how good your game is your going take about three to five years to make money off it. Best of luck Greuceanu.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Aw man. I was really looking forward to this game's progress. There should be a disclaimer for all new devs. No matter how good your game is your going take about three to five years to make money off it. Best of luck Greuceanu.
it wasn't about money mate, to be honest, but time spent vs adoption, we have the 1.1 release done in Daz and ai polish is needed but we decided to focus on the other projects :) i am please to have collaborated with a lot of folks and have made quite a few friends around:)

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I was wondering, when you use Photoshop, do you batch the tone of the renders? Or just adjust the them one by one?
great question so photoshop was used at the end for batch color grading but also a lot of images needed small imperfections fixed or we used the Neural Filters and Dof features, we also built up a action set with the good ol' high pass filter and overlay for sharpness, happy to share about about the process, the AI polish was also manual and it combined Stable Diffusion with custom trained models and another Tool for better realistic detailing (nothing was a one click and done)

3.50 star(s) 21 Votes