VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sofia's Dark Fantasies [Beta v1.05 + Special] [Greuceanu Heavy Industries]

3.50 star(s) 21 Votes

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Sofia's Dark Fantasies 1.1 Development Update - available

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Project Discontinuation: A Heartfelt Farewell

Dear supporters,

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the discontinuation of our project. Despite our best efforts and the support of our dedicated community, we have come to the difficult decision to stop development on this project.

We want to express our sincere gratitude to each and every one of you who has supported us along the way. Your enthusiasm and encouragement meant the world to us, and we are truly grateful for your unwavering support.

Throughout this journey, we've had the privilege of collaborating with incredibly talented individuals and contributing to the community through the creation of custom outfits and characters. It has been a rewarding experience, and we are proud of what we've accomplished together.

However, after careful consideration and assessment of the resources and time needed to sustain this project, we have determined that it is no longer viable. Despite our best efforts, the market conditions and level of support required to continue simply aren't there at this time.

While this decision was not easy, we believe it is the right one for our team moving forward. We want to assure you that we will continue to cherish the memories and experiences we've shared with you all.

Once again, thank you for your incredible support and belief in our project. We hope to cross paths again in the future.

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
to more clear:

one single image to polish would take 5-6 minutes or up to 10, it's not a single click think, the market isn't ready for this disruption, our patreon went from $90 to $60 after our 2nd release and it costs a bit of money to support team + the electricity to run 2x4090's.

I hoped that people would jump onboard to support but they mostly complained about random things so it's testament to the saying "That's why We Can’t Have Nice Things". I didn't want to waste my time and our teams effort for no reward. thanks again :)

it's not the update schedule but the actual support on patreon, we released 2 different releases and the monthly support was $60 while the daz renderer along costed $1k+, writer $150 a month plus all the other work I did as the creative director and founder (ai polish, daz camera tweaks, custom outfits etc)+ custom outfits ranging from $125 to $250.

I will make a clearer message in the thread, I wanted to see how AI can augument DAZ and i gave the project around 5-6 months and 2-3 releases and not going over $400 in monthly supported made this worthless.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
I personally loved the Devs characters and work, they where really amazing, the only thing that I didn't like was the fantasy story, it would have been a great Game with those characters and with a down to earth story which the Player can also see himself in it.
I wish the Makers all the Best for the future and really love to see you come back with another Game, because you folks got talent, that's for sure.

sonne1999

May 13, 2023
I'm sad that you have abandoned the game but I understand your reasons. Sofia is stunning and I will miss her beauty, so I will wish you all the best for the future.

Reactions: Greuceanu

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm sad that you have abandoned the game but I understand your reasons. Sofia is stunning and I will miss her beauty, so I will wish you all the best for the future.
well we just shared the last polished images we had, about ~40ish on our patreon, Sofia is stunning because a lot of work was put into making her amazing, not just daz or single click AI work but complex workflows that involved quite a bit of time:)

I really wished we could have moved forward with the right but the market gets what the market wants:)

thanks, we will be closing down our patreon page within a week, there might be enough time to get to our min threshold of $400 support, we would continue given that support for a mininum of 2 releases

Last edited:

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
after chatting with the team and after many dm's and messages we decided to keep the project alive if Patreon Support goes over $400 in the next 7 days, if not the content will be deleted, again due to your messages and requests we decided to try and see what happens

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
after chatting with the team and after many dm's and messages we decided to keep the project alive if Patreon Support goes over $400 in the next 7 days, if not the content will be deleted, again due to your messages and requests we decided to try and see what happens
That's just not gonna happen. Every beginning is hard, and sometimes a product just doesn't hit the right spot with people, meaning it'll take longer to gather more interest and support. After your PM's aswell as all those teasers posted in the thread I didn't think you'd suddenly abandon it. To be honest, if there's only 40 new renders, then something went wrong a while ago. I think releasing a Christmas special was a massive mistake. Should have focussed on progressing the story instead as it barely started, which certainly didn't help your support.

Also, blaming people for it due to "random complaints" and not being able to "have nice things" is certainly not the right way of seeing it, imo. If everything fits well together, support will come in naturally. The game just had certain flaws I hoped would be fixed/get better, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

One example: I think paying this writer $150 a month wasn't your best decision considering how inconsistent the writing was, or outright bad in your Christmas special. I'm not trying to be rude, but honesty goes a long way and people kissing asses won't help at all.

Best of luck in the future.

Last edited:

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
That's just not gonna happen. Every beginning is hard, and sometimes a product just doesn't hit the right spot with people, meaning it'll take longer to gather more interest and support. After your PM's aswell as all those teasers posted in the thread I didn't think you'd suddenly abandon it. To be honest, if there's only 40 new renders, then something went wrong a while ago. I think releasing a Christmas special was a massive mistake. Should have focussed on progressing the story instead as it barely started, which certainly didn't help your support.

Also, blaming people for it due to "random complaints" and not being able to "have nice things" is certainly not the right way of seeing it, imo. If everything fits well together, support will come in naturally. The game just had certain flaws I hoped would be fixed/get better, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

One example: I think paying this writer $150 a month wasn't your best decision considering how inconsistent the writing was, or outright bad in your Christmas special. I'm not trying to be rude, but honesty goes a long way and people kissing asses won't help at all.

well you never know mate, we had a release in november and a release in february...with over 700 images so how's that slow? the price of privilege was to show that we can have storylines outside of fantasies :) to be honest the i am not blaming on anyone, just stating that any disruption is hard and yes beginings, what are the flaws you are mentioning?

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

there's 800 renders but ai polished on 40, just be clear, each ai image is polished multiple times in 2 different tools and photoshop is at the end :) this isn't render and go mate and AI isn't a single click thing, I tried to explain that good renders and art is complex and not simple.

The costs are what was needed the point i was making is that things cost and that's why most devs quit, I hope not to but it's why the market is consistenly launching the same type of content

Greuceanu

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

to be clear 986 Daz renders so far with 50-100 left to do, 1000+ images that would need to be ai polished through 2 different ai tools that we use + photoshop, I am sure this doesn't matter to anyone but transparency is important :)

3.50 star(s) 21 Votes