Mr_PacMan

May 31, 2017
The sad thing is that I only started losing deadlines when I finally got a space to work in privacy.

I still don't know exactly what caused it, but as I'm feeling stupidly tired lately, I suspect the problem is that I'm not getting decent nights sleep.

I will try to go back to my old routine where I went to sleep at midnight every day. So I think I'll be able to work better during the day.

Either way, I think it won't be long before the finish this update. The only scene that still needs a lot of work is that of the twins in the pool, since most of the images, all the animations and all the text are missing. The rest is almost done.
No need to explain yourself to every user who can't hadle a little delay. We appreciate your work and are more than glad to wait for a bit .... as long as you don't disappear on us

Name a more iconic duo than TK8000 and missing deadlines
atleast this dev has kept us updated AND has delivered considerable content per update ... you want more iconic duo .. go check gumdrop, aorrta etc etc ... some of them just went plain AWOL on their loyal royal patrons

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
No need to explain yourself to every user who can't hadle a little delay. We appreciate your work and are more than glad to wait for a bit .... as long as you don't disappear on us

atleast this dev has kept us updated AND has delivered considerable content per update ... you want more iconic duo .. go check gumdrop, aorrta etc etc ... some of them just went plain AWOL on their loyal royal patrons
Just a bit of banter, TK is a good dev historically :)

I think ultimately though our standards are low just because other devs are horrific. I'm not saying this is a bad situation, but other devs should be scrutinized more for it. Rogue-Like Evolution anyone?

Reactions: witteb

DarrenH

Feb 5, 2019
TK8000 I love your work and I love your games TK. I'm sorry for these questions but I feel the need to ask them.

Do you still have motivation to continue making these types of games? Is this something you still love to do? Or are you continuing out of a feeling of obligation to your patreons/fans?

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
TK8000 I love your work and I love your games TK. I'm sorry for these questions but I feel the need to ask them.

Do you still have motivation to continue making these types of games? Is this something you still love to do? Or are you continuing out of a feeling of obligation to your patreons/fans?
I like. The only thing that makes me unmotivated at the moment is the fact that I'm still using non-original art (Honey Select and Koikatu).

Another thing is that Solvalley, in particular, has gotten really, really, really big, and I find it much more fun to invent new things than to get stuck in the same theme and characters for a long time.

Currently my biggest motivation is to finish Solvalley. So I will solve two issues that bother me. The first: using Honey Select art. The second: staying more than 2 years to deliver a game.

Then I'll work hard on HS Tutor to get updates more often. And when these two projects are 100% finished, I will block my Patreon indefinitely until I develop the skills needed to create a game with original art. I don't want to do anything very professional and beautiful because I think the emphasis of my games is more on uncompromising fun.

About the problem of not using original art: Honey Select became very famous over time and a lot of people are making games with it. This makes me feel like I'm creating something redundant, since my games are very sex-based and players are already tired of seeing the same animations in every corner (and most of the latest games have far more decent art than Solvaley). Maybe that's why I feel more comfortable working at HS Tutor these days (Koikatu is not being used as much for amateur games). Also, Fakku is showing signs of discontent with using Honey Select and this is one more thing that makes me want to definitely stop using this program.

What I like best is to create games that are kind of crazy and completely run away from what people expect. But when the art is like fifty other games, this effect becomes less effective. So it will be my priority in the future to create not only story and characters that deviate from the standard, but also a different art from what's out there.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
How soon can we expct a new Solvalley Version?
I'm just finishing a scene with various girls now. This scene got too big by Solvalley standards, with about 150 images, 20 animations, three outcomes, etc., and was one of the reasons why I delayed the update.

The second scene with Shibuya and Ruz is pretty much done, but I'll still add some animations at the end of it, which I'll do today.

Finally, there is the twins scene in the pool, this scene will be short, like a bonus, so it won't take long.

I do not know when I will finish everything, but my goal is until this Sunday. If nothing happens to interrupt me, I think I can finish tomorrow night.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I like. The only thing that makes me unmotivated at the moment is the fact that I'm still using non-original art (Honey Select and Koikatu).

Another thing is that Solvalley, in particular, has gotten really, really, really big, and I find it much more fun to invent new things than to get stuck in the same theme and characters for a long time.

Currently my biggest motivation is to finish Solvalley. So I will solve two issues that bother me. The first: using Honey Select art. The second: staying more than 2 years to deliver a game.

Then I'll work hard on HS Tutor to get updates more often. And when these two projects are 100% finished, I will block my Patreon indefinitely until I develop the skills needed to create a game with original art. I don't want to do anything very professional and beautiful because I think the emphasis of my games is more on uncompromising fun.

About the problem of not using original art: Honey Select became very famous over time and a lot of people are making games with it. This makes me feel like I'm creating something redundant, since my games are very sex-based and players are already tired of seeing the same animations in every corner (and most of the latest games have far more decent art than Solvaley). Maybe that's why I feel more comfortable working at HS Tutor these days (Koikatu is not being used as much for amateur games). Also, Fakku is showing signs of discontent with using Honey Select and this is one more thing that makes me want to definitely stop using this program.

What I like best is to create games that are kind of crazy and completely run away from what people expect. But when the art is like fifty other games, this effect becomes less effective. So it will be my priority in the future to create not only story and characters that deviate from the standard, but also a different art from what's out there.
Some people might want to continue supporting you as you develop those skills. A lot of people support the artist, not the art. I think you shouldn't turn off your Patreon, but should post something saying you're upgrading your skills, and won't be releasing anything for a while, so people should feel free to drop their support.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Some people might want to continue supporting you as you develop those skills. A lot of people support the artist, not the art. I think you shouldn't turn off your Patreon, but should post something saying you're upgrading your skills, and won't be releasing anything for a while, so people should feel free to drop their support.
+100 to this. As long as you make things clear from the beginning nobody should be complaining, at least no one who has the right to do it.

arms99

May 11, 2018

Hello!

Finally the new version is ready. It has approximately 550 new renders and 81 new animations.

I still need to test it and fix possible bugs, grammar errors, etc. As I'm tired today, I'm going to sleep a few hours and finish this things when I wake up. The next version will be available in less than 24 hours.

Note: As I don't want to delay the update anymore, I'll leave the twin sisters scene for the next update. All other scenes are ready, including two hardcore variations.

My plan now is to go back to work at HS Tutor. Two weeks from now, before the end of October, I expect to have enough things for a small patch. Then I will work another 2 weeks for another patch with the rest of things. I want to focus on Megan and her mother now.

While working at HS Tutor, I will set aside 1 hour a day to create new images and animations for Solvalley. This will allow me to make about 20 new images a day, which will help me speed up the release of the next update of this game too.
Soon more information!

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
While working at HS Tutor, I will set aside 1 hour a day to create new images and animations for Solvalley. This will allow me to make about 20 new images a day, which will help me speed up the release of the next update of this game too.
Soon more information!
Another over-promise from TK, just stop man you're a great dev but everyone knows this won't happen.

• Angry
Reactions: McWoodz
4.20 star(s) 157 Votes