4.10 star(s) 154 Votes

RockyVA

Feb 1, 2018
Please find attached a new experimental Monkey.dll v1.7.1.

This version will only works with SMA v8.6+. PM me if you have any issues with this update.

-T-
Excellent work Thora!

I wanted to point out to players.

To adjust pubes color you need to make sure the "Sync eyebrow and pubes colors" is not checked in the ESC Menu under Game Play.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Excellent work Thora!

I wanted to point out to players.

To adjust pubes color you need to make sure the "Sync eyebrow and pubes colors" is not checked in the ESC Menu under Game Play.
Thank you! You are absolutely correct, and this is likely going to be a common reported issue.

I'll edit the release notes to include this.

-T-

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyVA
Jul 19, 2018
I just tried installing the monkey mod for the first time using the path suggested, C:/SMA, dragged and dropped all files into the game folder, and it doesn't appear to be working. Any suggestions?

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I just tried installing the monkey mod for the first time using the path suggested, C:/SMA, dragged and dropped all files into the game folder, and it doesn't appear to be working. Any suggestions?
I installed latest version and it's running just fine for me. make sure everything is unzipped directly into the root of the SMA folder.

Jul 19, 2018
I installed latest version and it's running just fine for me. make sure everything is unzipped directly into the root of the SMA folder.
I did that yes. The nav bar at the top appears, however when you press M to bring up the menu there are no sliders/options. It is a blank gray menu.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
I did that yes. The nav bar at the top appears, however when you press M to bring up the menu there are no sliders/options. It is a blank gray menu.
All right I've helped the user privately; the issue was running an older version of the game.

Monkey 1.7.1 can only work with v8.6a or later, as it relies on a new Unity object tag introduced in that version.

At the main menu of the game, the version number is displayed to the right. 086.7 corresponds to 8.6a which is currently available in this thread.

1649267952351.png

-T-

Last edited:

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Skin color of the player, which is a nice change. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to include the penis itself, though.
I was not able to find the material location that controls the penis color - it is handled completely separately by the game and changing the penis object directly didn't work.

Note that currently only the face and body are changed. That material array for skin color does contains entries for things like nails, eyelids, etc. but it didn't look good so I didn't use them. You can easily add them back by using the same syntax, just a different index.

The good news is this is all data driven so if anyone find the location it can be added via a simple JSON object without requiring a patch.

If you do find it, let me know and I'll happily provide the JSON.

-T-

Last edited:
Reactions: jdaniels and Pchit

SayBoT26

Feb 8, 2021
If you are using other mods, make sure they are using the 5.x LTS branch of BepInEx. Anything using the new "bleeding edge" branch (6.x) will not work with Monkey. I don't plan to upgrade to 6.x until it is stable.

If this is about another 'conflict', pm me the details and I will take a look.

XUnity.AutoTranslator offers several versions, some using a different injection framework. That might solve the conflict - or since the code is there, you might be able to recompile it and fix any issues found.

-T-
I use only 2 mods
1. Unity.AutoTranslator 5.0.0 (tried all versions)
2. Monkey.dll (hack mod)
Separately, they work well, but when installing both of them, the Monkey mod stops working (the game simply does not see it)
The monkey mod immediately stops working after you install it in the folder with the game SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe

Reactions: SilentBlow666

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Anyone else having problems with the profile editor? If I try to edit profiles from the main menu, I get the heart graphic overlaying this and it doesn't allow me to make changes. If I try to edit profiles from the agent's sex cave, clicking on the button doesn't do anything.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
Anyone else having problems with the profile editor? If I try to edit profiles from the main menu, I get the heart graphic overlaying this and it doesn't allow me to make changes. If I try to edit profiles from the agent's sex cave, clicking on the button doesn't do anything.
Yes, this has been patched in 8.6c.
-T-

Pchit

Jan 24, 2018
How is it played
ARROWS : Move MC
HOLD RIGHT CLICK + MOUSE : Move MC's head and vision
C and V : Crouch up and down
MOUSE ROLL : forward and backward pelvic movement (to penetrate)
1 : To use hand
2 : To use finger
3 : To use phone (to save the girl, or, if you press T, to save the pose)

ninetyfiveme

Oct 29, 2019
Content is may be "infinite" but you can still see everything the game has meaningfully to offer you in under an hour or two. That's the nature of games with random generation and real-time interaction:
You need about fifteen minutes to get all possible base moves of chess explained... is chees a less serious game than Grand Theft Auto V or Maniac Mansion?

All girls despite looking different are fundamentally the same. Either you can fuck them in 5 seconds, 5 minutes, or give up after 50 minutes. ...
Have you ever played Star Citizen? :)

As for the interaction, touching their face is no different than touching their tits, no different than their legs, no different than their ass. And it's not even sexy either because the hand is always stiff as a board. It could at least auto-conform to the body à la True Facials or something. But no, it's Surgeon Simulator.
A headshot is a headshot is a headshot is a headshot... Counter Strike... bunnies shooting bunnies...

Not to mention, unless you're cheating, the vast vast majority of your playtime will be rating ugly abominations as low as possible and immediately moving onto the next girl over and over again until you get somebody that isn't a creature of nightmare. Then you repeat the same process but with their personality until they eventually start getting ugly again. Or you do the exact same thing but let the auto-rater play the game for you. Not super engaging content either way.
Which is true for so many (wannabe and real) AAA games ... don't get me wrong - I totally agree. But what you have summarized here are features of great games (Skyrim, Donkey Kong, Fallout, Halo, Frogger, Eilte, Tetris, ...)

SMA obviously can improve (yay) and there is so much broken (rating AND autorating), mutation, lighting ...

Serioulsy, writing an answer on your very good statement makes me wanna play it even more. :) So maybe I have serious problems and need help or the game is just what it is suppsoed to be: fun

4.10 star(s) 154 Votes