4.10 star(s) 153 Votes

boobyross69

Dec 14, 2017
I really like the concept of this game and would like to touch up my programming skills. Can someone link a modding resource, my google searches haven't panned out. Thanks!

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
I really like the concept of this game and would like to touch up my programming skills. Can someone link a modding resource, my google searches haven't panned out. Thanks!
Products I use: Unity, visual studio 2019, Unity Explorer/Runtime Editor, Asset Ripper, BepInEx, dnspy, blender, etc. All code is in C#, and your dll is injected to the running game by BepInEx.

The original Monkey source was posted by a user call pitoriex. This might still be available on this thread. That is what got me started. While the name stuck.. little of the original code remains. It was an invaluable resource for my first step into modding. Monkey isn't protected, so you can look at the documented sources to see how it works.

Searching f95 for 'unity modding' will give you a few posts to learn the basics. Youtube also has good resources to get you started. You may look at games that have larger modding community (ex: valheim).

If you have specific questions, just pm me. There is also a (not very active) discord game modding channel where more technical discussion can occur.

-T-

Reactions: Vbrz

boobyross69

Dec 14, 2017
Products I use: Unity, visual studio 2019, Unity Explorer/Runtime Editor, Asset Ripper, BepInEx, dnspy, blender, etc. All code is in C#, and your dll is injected to the running game by BepInEx.

The original Monkey source was posted by a user call pitoriex. This might still be available on this thread. That is what got me started. While the name stuck.. little of the original code remains. It was an invaluable resource for my first step into modding. Monkey isn't protected, so you can look at the documented sources to see how it works.

Searching f95 for 'unity modding' will give you a few posts to learn the basics. Youtube also has good resources to get you started. You may look at games that have larger modding community (ex: valheim).

If you have specific questions, just pm me. There is also a (not very active) discord game modding channel where more technical discussion can occur.

-T-
Thank you for the advice!

reigan

Sep 21, 2018
I don't get the rating system.
What's the point of 0? If I rate something 0, does that mean:
- I ignore it/don't care
- Lowest rating, so 0 being hate something, 10 is amazing
- "Ban" something from appearing ever again?

stefan555

Jul 8, 2018
Please find attached the latest experimental Monkey v1.8.6.

This version will only work properly with SMA v9.3+.

There are a lot of changes in this version. Since the game is pretty unstable, I wasn't able to do as much testing as I'd like. I will wait a few days to make sure there aren't any major issues before updating the main post.

Follow the install instructions closely - it is particularly important as the directory structure has changed.

As always, PM me if you encounter any issues with this update.

-T-

--

Release notes
  • New directory structure to accommodate external assets. If you have custom mods you want to keep, copy them from Config/MonkeyMods to Config/Monkey/Mods. All previously released mods I made should be integrated in monkey.json.
  • Load/unload external Unity asset bundles. Allows anyone to create new game content. See Asset/readme.txt for more information and a tutorial.
  • New gene sliders to control the model voice and desire
  • Ability to edit outfits. Warning: the game clothing system is buggy and incomplete so expect issues and will likely break when the game updates.
  • Reorganized the custom JSON UI and integrated several new features
  • Added a new Gene JSON type, allowing you add any of the 1200+ gene easily
  • Added game object tag search and path search support. This allows writing JSON that is faster and works when multiple models are loaded.
  • All JSON objects are cached to improve performance
  • Monkey is now deployed in release mode which is significantly faster. Sources can still be extracted with dnspy for the curious.
  • Fix: PlayerInputProxy console error during startup
  • Fix: 8 genes had incorrect initial values caused by a game issue. Affected sliders will show a minima of 0.01f.

Install Instructions
  • Backup any existing save files (%UserProfile%\Documents\TValle Games)
  • Create a NEW folder (use "C:/SMA" if having issues)
  • Install latest SMA 9.3+ in the folder and make sure it works
  • Open the Monkey archive and copy all files to the same folder

How to use
  • Commands are shown in the title bar
  • Fly camera: hold right mouse button and use WASDQE to move, use spacebar to switch input between camera and player, shift to go fast, alt to go slow
  • Color sliders may require unchecking the 'sync' options in gameplay settings
  • Options are in Monkey_Configuration.xml.
  • See JSON_Quick_Guide.txt and Asset.txt for more information on customization.

--
Name: Monkey 1_8_6.7z
Size: 533791 bytes (521 KiB)
SHA256: b9c25dc67f72b7c8e1fbd818c4ac81b07a425dd5f258b63b7e1b78af6021ee79
New monkey broke money earn system. Your ballance 250, next day just 202.

HornyNarwhal

Nov 30, 2017
Please find attached the latest experimental Monkey v1.8.6.

This version will only work properly with SMA v9.3+.

There are a lot of changes in this version. Since the game is pretty unstable, I wasn't able to do as much testing as I'd like. I will wait a few days to make sure there aren't any major issues before updating the main post.

Follow the install instructions closely - it is particularly important as the directory structure has changed.

As always, PM me if you encounter any issues with this update.

-T-

--

Release notes
  • New directory structure to accommodate external assets. If you have custom mods you want to keep, copy them from Config/MonkeyMods to Config/Monkey/Mods. All previously released mods I made should be integrated in monkey.json.
  • Load/unload external Unity asset bundles. Allows anyone to create new game content. See Asset/readme.txt for more information and a tutorial.
  • New gene sliders to control the model voice and desire
  • Ability to edit outfits. Warning: the game clothing system is buggy and incomplete so expect issues and will likely break when the game updates.
  • Reorganized the custom JSON UI and integrated several new features
  • Added a new Gene JSON type, allowing you add any of the 1200+ gene easily
  • Added game object tag search and path search support. This allows writing JSON that is faster and works when multiple models are loaded.
  • All JSON objects are cached to improve performance
  • Monkey is now deployed in release mode which is significantly faster. Sources can still be extracted with dnspy for the curious.
  • Fix: PlayerInputProxy console error during startup
  • Fix: 8 genes had incorrect initial values caused by a game issue. Affected sliders will show a minima of 0.01f.

Install Instructions
  • Backup any existing save files (%UserProfile%\Documents\TValle Games)
  • Create a NEW folder (use "C:/SMA" if having issues)
  • Install latest SMA 9.3+ in the folder and make sure it works
  • Open the Monkey archive and copy all files to the same folder

How to use
  • Commands are shown in the title bar
  • Fly camera: hold right mouse button and use WASDQE to move, use spacebar to switch input between camera and player, shift to go fast, alt to go slow
  • Color sliders may require unchecking the 'sync' options in gameplay settings
  • Options are in Monkey_Configuration.xml.
  • See JSON_Quick_Guide.txt and Asset.txt for more information on customization.

--
Name: Monkey 1_8_6.7z
Size: 533791 bytes (521 KiB)
SHA256: b9c25dc67f72b7c8e1fbd818c4ac81b07a425dd5f258b63b7e1b78af6021ee79
Singlehandedly carrying my continued interest in the development of this game, Thora. Thank you.

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
New monkey broke money earn system. Your ballance 250, next day just 202.
Thanks for your bug report!

I've confirmed that the agency money will be set to the value of the Monkey slider when a new girl is interviewed.

This is the standard behavior for all custom JSON sliders, which reapply their current value when a new model arrives. This works great for most objects, but not here. This behavior will also occur with any custom gene.

While the code 'works', this behavior is undesirable and I consider this a bug. The proper solution is to add a new feature to allow users specifying the behavior they want. This ties into a bigger issue of controlling JSON object lifetime (i.e. what values should be changed when) - I have no simple solution yet.

I plan to provide a fix for this in the next release. I may issue this as a patch/hotfix if more issues are found.
For now, you have two solutions:
  • Adjust the money you have under Monkey->Agency->Money. Whatever you set there will be reapplied at the start of each new model interview.
  • Replace the Monkey/monkey.json with the one attached below. This uses a 'delay' clause to fixes the money slider. This won't fix custom genes unfortunately,

-T-

Last edited:

itnoel

Donor
Apr 12, 2018
I recently posted the intermittent freezing issues I've been having with the game. I just bought a new video card and its cool cause i can use it for many purposes. I also had to upgrade my power supply. Tell me why this game is still freezing. PLEASE HELP!!!

BloodBoy

Sep 7, 2017
I recently posted the intermittent freezing issues I've been having with the game. I just bought a new video card and its cool cause i can use it for many purposes. I also had to upgrade my power supply. Tell me why this game is still freezing. PLEASE HELP!!!
Have you checked your PC for viruses?

elemmy

May 9, 2018
Hey, itnoel
Check your memory settings in bios. Sometimes new hardware/drivers may require resetting xmp/overclock profiles.
If you have any overclocking (Quick OC) settings in bios enable - disable them.
Or reset bios to default. Then boot OS, run the game.
Also check for bios updates.

Mipro

Feb 27, 2019
At some point I just seem to no earn money anymore, I tested it out on different saves and it happened randomly after closing the game and opening it back again, anyone else has that ?

Reactions: Bazmanfoo

kopsutin

Jun 29, 2018
Somehow I started getting sunday and my game got stuck. I couldn't access PC anymore and the day was sunday for some reason. Reloading didn't help - had to start over. Ver 0.9.3a.

4.10 star(s) 153 Votes