VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
getting this when I resume a game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Something Special 0.1.5
Tue Feb 23 12:56:29 2021

dajunk12

Mar 2, 2018
Me too..... So for the last 3 updates all old saves didn't work, meaning I had to start over from scratch.

Please fix this. It's a major problem.

Code:

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

Full traceback:
    python hide:
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Downloads\SS-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Something Special 0.1.5
Tue Feb 23 14:34:18 2021

Reactions: Macgamer

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Me too..... So for the last 3 updates all old saves didn't work, meaning I had to start over from scratch.
Please fix this. It's a major problem.
Those both look like the save plague that's been affecting a lot of games lately with the updated Renpy version. Try load an older save. Some games I've had to go back to almost the start of the previous update.

Reactions: tossler

oldirish44

Mar 12, 2019
What's new?

I have been playing this game since it started and today getting the incest patch it gave me an unable to dl due to it being a virus. I checked it again on other sites and it gave the same message from Mega. Maybe it is just Mega that has the virus

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
6U1YA3V this is your review for this game.

Pros:
+Good character renders
+The dialogues are good
+there are animations though a bit laggy

Cons:
-Weak plot, a huge area to improve on. Maybe make the prologue about what happened before the character wakes up and what is the point of waking up.
-the animations are lagging when just starting,once it loops its good
-the patch doesnt work very well at the moment, so expect a lot of names

The game has a decent potential, we will have to wait and see
Can you please explain how in hell this leads to a five star review? A perfect score? The highest recommendation possible on f95zone?
Every one has a right to his opinion, but no game with these Cons could in any way be worthy of deserving 5 star reviews.
NO one forces you to write reviews, if you do, please do so with at least a bit of responsibility.

dajunk12

Mar 2, 2018
To be somewhat fair, when I first saw it there actually was a lot done and it seemed like a good game. The recent issues and lack of appreciable progress is unfortunate. I wouldn't be surprised if a good amount of the high star reviews were due to "when it was good".

BeansAndToast

Nov 13, 2020
I don't understand why the Dev is spending so much time on the redhead. She seemed like the throwaway intro character to include lewd scenes in early parts of the story. But for whatever reason, rather than phasing away from her towards the sisters/mom we're still spending half of updates on her, even after the "break up." I don't get what the thought process is here.

Reactions: Hentai_Man

EdselPresley

Jun 17, 2020
IDK what's going on, but whatever I downloaded is nothing like the game described. All I've got is 2 diary entries by a chick pining over her brother. No game at all. None of the renders are in it.

[UPDATE] OK...even weirder. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now it's what it's supposed to be. Weird.

Last edited:

djross2

Jun 26, 2020

Code:

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

Full traceback:
    python hide:
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    python hide:
    ui.interact()
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "E:\temp\Games\Something_Special-0.1.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Something Special 0.1.5
Tue Feb 23 12:56:29 2021
Wait your old saves are not working? I loaded up my recent save and in under 2 minutes the updated content was over. It was just a whole lotta dialogue (not really a whole lot, but you get what I mean).

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes