VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
first time trying the game out and got a question, as of right now v0.0.3 is there a diference in the choices you make or are there just some diferent dialogue option you can pick here and there
i am asking kuz i don't see a walktrough and i want to know if it matters what i pick, since i don't want to miss any scene

Sarducar

Jan 7, 2019
I really like the story so far, and the renders are amazing, your texts on the otherhand could use some work, not that there are misstakes or typo's its just that the words that are used are not really based on real life conversations. this makes me think you are not a native english speaker? if you need a hand let me know

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I really like the story so far, and the renders are amazing, your texts on the otherhand could use some work, not that there are misstakes or typo's its just that the words that are used are not really based on real life conversations. this makes me think you are not a native english speaker? if you need a hand let me know
What story?

Reactions: polex

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
the incest patch must really change TF outta the game..because mine is right from the start she is the friend of your dead mom and noone is related or even talks like they are..closest bit is when one of the girls says she always thought of you like a brother...so if this was meant as an incest game from the start..the dev dd a good job of seperating the dialogue so it dosnt cringe...few do.
i had no problems with the patch working and the mc definately refers to the milf as mom several times, did you copy the wrong ipatch from your download folder?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i had no problems with the patch working and the mc definately refers to the milf as mom several times, did you copy the wrong ipatch from your download folder?
NONO..i'm an uncestor....i enjoyed how the dialogue in my old man vanilla play didnt get all weird with familial terms..was saying the dev did a good job separating the two...some folks of course never read me right and see i say incest and not for me and attack cause ..ya know..they dont read...that i was saying i liked how he dev did it..

Reactions: kut52

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
Installed the patch in the "game" folder, but getting an Exception error on startup. No standard game/incest option. Anyone haing any success with the patch?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
00.3 is a joke, right? Because it's 00.1 without sex scenes.
version numbers mean nothing really as its just a iteration of changes. Sometimes a version iteration doesn't even need to be released to public at all. It's a way for the devs/creator to keep track. However, a version number of 0.0.3 should tell you the state of the release and content. Also the change log states actual changes.

wondergames

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2019
wondergames

Fun little game and the renders are amazing and beautiful.

One little point though..

Maybe space out your updates or releases a bit more? I usually love when devs put out consistent updates every month but maybe spacing it out a bit (~300-400 pics per update or an hour/two hours worth of gameplay) would give your updates the feeling of more progression/impact each release.

Besides that - the characters (mom, sisters, neighbor, mysterious new character) all look good and the story's got me intrigued to say the least. (y)

wondergames

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2019
wondergames

Fun little game and the renders are amazing and beautiful.

One little point though..

Maybe space out your updates or releases a bit more? I usually love when devs put out consistent updates every month but maybe spacing it out a bit (~300-400 pics per update or an hour/two hours worth of gameplay) would give your updates the feeling of more progression/impact each release.

Besides that - the characters (mom, sisters, neighbor, mysterious new character) all look good and the story's got me intrigued to say the least. (y)
Thanks a lot for your comment. I gave it some thought (I mean, pacing the updates more rarely). And came to a painful conclusion that I shouldn't fall for it, although it sounds rather tempting. And the trap for me (damn it, it may sound strange, but I'm being honest here), so the trap is that I'm not sure I'll be able to fulfill that kind of responsibility. It's a "marathon" for me. And I'm not trained for it. Let's say, I'll promise 300 renders + kilos of text in 6 month. What would I do, theoretically? I would distribute the work load through all the months equally and start working. I have a lot of time on my hands (half a year!), so if some part of work isn't done within its 'theoretical' deadline, nothing to worry, I still have plenty of time on my hands... And these 'little debts' tend to accumulate with time.
Moreover, different shit in life happens, it also takes time.
So, after six months of waiting, I'm afraid, my patrons would get almost the same amount of renders and texts. And I'm just being honest here, I repeat.
Long distance tends to relax. At least, it affects me this way.
That's why, the tempo I've chosen: one update per month, is more preferable for me. I have clear goals, clear deadlines, and responsibility I can cope with. And it disciplines me, helps me not to lose interest in what I do. I may not achieve much, those may look like baby steps to others, but I take them, take them every single day, and that's what matters for me the most. As well as the interest and trust of my patrons.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for your comment. I gave it some thought (I mean, pacing the updates more rarely). And came to a painful conclusion that I shouldn't fall for it, although it sounds rather tempting. And the trap for me (damn it, it may sound strange, but I'm being honest here), so the trap is that I'm not sure I'll be able to fulfill that kind of responsibility. It's a "marathon" for me. And I'm not trained for it. Let's say, I'll promise 300 renders + kilos of text in 6 month. What would I do, theoretically? I would distribute the work load through all the months equally and start working. I have a lot of time on my hands (half a year!), so if some part of work isn't done within its 'theoretical' deadline, nothing to worry, I still have plenty of time on my hands... And these 'little debts' tend to accumulate with time.
Moreover, different shit in life happens, it also takes time.
So, after six months of waiting, I'm afraid, my patrons would get almost the same amount of renders and texts. And I'm just being honest here, I repeat.
Long distance tends to relax. At least, it affects me this way.
That's why, the tempo I've chosen: one update per month, is more preferable for me. I have clear goals, clear deadlines, and responsibility I can cope with. And it disciplines me, helps me not to lose interest in what I do. I may not achieve much, those may look like baby steps to others, but I take them, take them every single day, and that's what matters for me the most. As well as the interest and trust of my patrons.
Well that's a good approach and sounds like you're determined. I think many devs (from the strictly amateurish, those who do it as a side gig/hobby, or those who want to make it a full time career path) start out enthusiastic and determined but lose sight of the "grind" and commitment it takes to making and developing games. Some get disappointed they aren't posting ICSTOR or Dark Cookie type numbers of patrons right off the bat (not all think this but you do see it in some when they quit after one or two versions).

As long as you have a plan, map out the goals you want to see achieved, stick to what works best for you and not burn yourself out I think you have the right approach then. You'll continue to grow/improve over time and patrons will come as well (y)

Reactions: upyr and mpror
2.20 star(s) 43 Votes