VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

bcrr

May 25, 2019
Alright you crazy folk, I'm hitting 48 without sleep so I'm gonna crash for a few hours. My tester is running one more and when I get up I'll give it one more once over when I've regained a bit of lucidity and then upload. See y'all this afternoon.
Damn, that sounds like some dedication right there. Love to hear how hard you're working on this, but don't kill yourself! I'm super excited for the update whenever it's ready though :)

Reactions: thorin0815

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Alright you crazy folk, I'm hitting 48 without sleep so I'm gonna crash for a few hours. My tester is running one more and when I get up I'll give it one more once over when I've regained a bit of lucidity and then upload. See y'all this afternoon.
my dude, dont overwork urself. At the end of the day, we need someone to write about too!!

D

Deleted member 949883

Looking forward to the new update but dont burn yourself out. Delays happen and thats fine.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Just to chime in, the current build is considered a beta while I keep giving some polish. You may encounter some gameplay and visual bugs while in flight. Appreciate y'alls patience with little ole me.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I just finished my play through and so far it seemed OK. I personally found some of the yacht stuff kind of dry and not that interesting but the scenes with Chris were pretty funny and entertaining.

You also seem to be developing Kimmy and made me interested in finding out whats wrong with her so well done there. I will say that I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't much Lyndie in this update.

I will say that I was kind of disappointing that there wasn't the choiceto tell Aoife's mum that you don't have feelings for her I know it's early on but on my Lyndie only play through I kind of wished I had the option to make that choice.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If you want something, you should at least be polite and write a full sentence.
And spell "Android" correctly...

Anyway, I played through and my MC ended up not sleeping with anyone at the end! Went home alone like the loser he is, woot! LOL

I have no idea what I chose that ended the night that way but I have a few other decisions I want to tweak and see what happens. I am having a hard time deciding between Lyndie, Aoife, and Chris... Didn't expect to like Chris at all. Even warming to Kimmy a bit. Still not a Beatrix fan (which probably means she's the hidden redhead the dev mentioned awhile back). Anyway, enjoyed the update. Looking forward to more. There are a few spelling errors that I could nitpick but I won't...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You never know after this update the MCs excould also be one and it seems like she's going to appear soon going by the ending.
Possible, I took it to mean that one of the characters we'd already met was "covering" her red hair with a dye job. But I could be misremembering/misunderstanding. I really hope the ex isn't a love interest, I'd consider burying the hatchet... In her back.

Wonder if the aunt or mom may become viable options or if I've played too many of these games where every hot female is available. Hmm, probably the latter.

I'm already torn between Lyndie and Aoife, not sure I need two more options to consider...

Reactions: Rinbael

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I just finished my play through and so far it seemed OK. I personally found some of the yacht stuff kind of dry and not that interesting but the scenes with Chris were pretty funny and entertaining.

You also seem to be developing Kimmy and made me interested in finding out whats wrong with her so well done there. I will say that I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't much Lyndie in this update.

I will say that I was kind of disappointing that there wasn't the choiceto tell Aoife's mum that you don't have feelings for her I know it's early on but on my Lyndie only play through I kind of wished I had the option to make that choice.
Cheers! I don't disagree actually, my hope was that there would be certain level of blasé towards parts of the yacht sequence, as at least in my head that's how the character is feeling towards some of it himself. It occurred to me later that they may not have been the best way to immerse players but it's a learning experience. I blame the failed film student in me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Cheers! I don't disagree actually, my hope was that there would be certain level of blasé towards parts of the yacht sequence, as at least in my head that's how the character is feeling towards some of it himself. It occurred to me later that they may not have been the best way to immerse players but it's a learning experience. I blame the failed film student in me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I agree completely with your second point it's incredibly overused and I'm interested to see how you use Meabh in a future game. I didn't want to mention it in my post in case it ended up to long but even though I wanted more Lyndie I did really like her scene at the end it was pretty funny reading the MCs reaction to watching wrestling.

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Donor
Compressor
Feb 14, 2020
Something To Write About: The Author [Ch. 4] [STWAdev] - Original Size: 797MB

Compressed version for PC (265MB): - -
done by Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
It's my 1st time playing the game and had a lot of fun despite (because of?) the fact that my MC is rather actively trying not to start any relationships (except maybe with B.), which is kind of fun given the genre. I really like the way everything is written, especially the MC. The story is fairly interesting too so while I have to admit I'm not extremely curious about what will happen next I'm still hooked enough to get back to it for the next chapter. The girls are not really my type though (that may explain my MC's lack of romancing), I like B. and Chris most (both character wise and visually), but can't say I love any of them.

Anyway, I wanted to leave a word of appreciation to the dev, but it turned out to be somewhat half baked...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Still not a Beatrix fan (which probably means she's the hidden redhead the dev mentioned awhile back).
Just want to give you a heads up just incase and it might change your mind on her or it might not....

Warning, actual plot spoiler for Beatrix. Disclaimer put so no one can complain at me for spoiling it.

She's not a whore, it's all a lie, she's a virgin. Why she's making up that she is a whore I don't know there is a lot of shit going on she refuses to talk about but the MC is the first man she's fooled around with.

Dec 13, 2018
I dont know if its just me, but I started playing and some scenes the text or dialog is hard to read im hoping if its everyone who has this problem and the dev sees this, that the font color should be changed or add a text box...
I uploaded some pics, thats just a few scenes theres some more though. I think the dev should go through the whole game and check the hard to read spots and change the text color or add a text box...

Reactions: Vasy

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
I dont know if its just me, but I started playing and some scenes the text or dialog is hard to read im hoping if its everyone who has this problem and the dev sees this, that the font color should be changed or add a text box...
I uploaded some pics, thats just a few scenes theres some more though. I think the dev should go through the whole game and check the hard to read spots and change the text color or add a text box...
I've had a few people mention this, in my next fix I'll be putting the text box back to improve readability. I removed it this release to test and enough people have had problems that I'll be returning it.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes