VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Just want to give you a heads up just incase and it might change your mind on her or it might not....

Warning, actual plot spoiler for Beatrix. Disclaimer put so no one can complain at me for spoiling it.

She's not a whore, it's all a lie, she's a virgin. Why she's making up that she is a whore I don't know there is a lot of shit going on she refuses to talk about but the MC is the first man she's fooled around with.
Thank you for letting me know, but it isn't her sexual experience that bothers me about Beatrix (lack or otherwise). I actually wish that more characters were realistically sexually experienced instead of the proliferation of "must be an unsullied virgin princess" sentiment that is pervasive on f95, sex with a virgin ain't all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. It's her ditching of her friends on their birthdays so she can have some casual fling that bothers me. If it weren't their birthdays I would be fine with it. But the whole "hooking up" takes priority over their birthday celebration annoys, it's just rather selfish and I am not a fan of selfish behavior. And, most importantly, it allows me to eliminate a character from contention when I already have a tough choice to make: the cute introverted fan, the beautiful blonde, or the childhood best friend.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's her ditching of her friends on their birthdays so she can have some casual fling that bothers me.
She didn't, that's also covered by Kim.

She's having a breakdown of some sort in the club but wouldn't leave because it's their birthday. Kimmy finds her and they started talking, when they realise the MC is who they were there to meet it gives Kimmy the excuse she needs to get B out and not ruin their birthday.

They don't have sex, Kim is 100% straight the pictures were for show. B did nothing but cry and eat ice cream.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Definately like the screenshots (especially the black haired girl, not enough these in games it feels like) may have to try this one soon

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Loved the update on all routes.

I didn't think i'd like Chris but she's jumped to second place behind the throuple, managed to knock B down to third.

B was cute as fuck in her scene at the end though.

Reactions: D Dog and Gellidus

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
She didn't, that's also covered by Kim.

She's having a breakdown of some sort in the club but wouldn't leave because it's their birthday. Kimmy finds her and they started talking, when they realise the MC is who they were there to meet it gives Kimmy the excuse she needs to get B out and not ruin their birthday.

They don't have sex, Kim is 100% straight the pictures were for show. B did nothing but cry and eat ice cream.
Hmmm... Interesting but as I am not a Kimmy fan or B fan I never bothered with them so since I didn't go for either one I guess my character will never know any of that.

I didn't think i'd like Chris but she's jumped to second place behind the throuple, managed to knock B down to third.

I need to go do my throuple playthrough since I played my Chris playthrough and it didn't do much. Guess I missed something (not unusual).

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I've had a few people mention this, in my next fix I'll be putting the text box back to improve readability. I removed it this release to test and enough people have had problems that I'll be returning it.
If you apply Penfold Mole's 'Ren'Py Transparent Text', it puts an outline around the text, which should make it readable under any circumstances. Use the latest version.

Reactions: STWAdev

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Hmmm, this was well written, and I enjoyed it, but I'm pretty annoyed at the end there where he says "maybe I should go visit Beatrix" and then you can't ... I even skipped through a second time turning down everyone's advances except hers in case there was some loyalty issue and I couldn't ... so whatever you've gotta do to actually have that option is rubbish because it should just be down to if you're trying to get with her or not.

But yeah, if you throw all the the girls together you'd get someone pretty tasty ... B's looks, L's personality, A's personal situation, C's childhood friends backstory and K's brokenness.

But yeah it was one of those games where you actually read everything and don't feel compelled to skip through, so that was a treat, just that last bit and not getting to visit my favourite left a sour taste in my mouth.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Hmmm, this was well written, and I enjoyed it, but I'm pretty annoyed at the end there where he says "maybe I should go visit Beatrix" and then you can't ... I even skipped through a second time turning down everyone's advances except hers in case there was some loyalty issue and I couldn't ... so whatever you've gotta do to actually have that option is rubbish because it should just be down to if you're trying to get with her or not.

But yeah, if you throw all the the girls together you'd get someone pretty tasty ... B's looks, L's personality, A's personal situation, C's childhood friends backstory and K's brokenness.

But yeah it was one of those games where you actually read everything and don't feel compelled to skip through, so that was a treat, just that last bit and not getting to visit my favourite left a sour taste in my mouth.
That's a fair point, I'll take a look at the point value for what it takes to trigger that option again. Thanks for giving it a go

Noddy4000

Dec 29, 2019
Excellent update . The story is really interesting.The characters are really coming to life.
Models are very nice.

Thank you for the update.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
That's a fair point, I'll take a look at the point value for what it takes to trigger that option again. Thanks for giving it a go
There's something to be said for alerting the player that they might have missed something, but it is a bit jarring when MC has an inner monologue about what he could do and then half the choices don't show up in the menu... You could gate the pieces of the inner monologue behind point checks, but then you're not letting the player know about missed opportunities. I think it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation here.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020

Interesting... What about Chris gave her a boost? I'm still having a hard time with her... I mean, she's physically gorgeous and the little S/M thing they have going is hot, but her behavior is confusing AF.

She does eventually apologize for ghosting MC, but I never really got the sense that she acknowledged the depth of shittiness that decision sank to... And the gulit trip she leads him on first is craptastic as well.

For me, I think a big part of it is the fact that I don't know how we got from (possibly) telling her MC loves her at the end of HS to dropping in on her with a GF in tow 7(?) years later. Knowing that context might make the other pieces fit together better... All the games gives us is an offhand MC remark about them drifting apart. She acts hella entitled to MC's devotion when she can't scrape up the bravery to tell him how she feels about him.

Totally agree Bea was adorable in her final scene though. I decided to fnally do an all-in playthrough with her and I was liking her so much more even before the big reveals: Kim's 100% straight so they didn't hook up and she's never been with a guy before. Plus it ended me at almost exactly the same place with my throuple playthrough. (Shouldn't be surprising I guess based on her "deal" with MC.

biggestboyo

Aug 4, 2020
Great story so far, and pretty damn funny. That scene with B in the end had me giggling.

Also fantastic mods, the music addition is icing on the cake, can't wait for more!

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes