VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Not in this game alas, but in a future one both Meabh and her so far unseen daughters Caoimhe and Caoilainn (you poor bastards are gonna speak Gaelic fluently by the time I'm done with you.) will be ripe for fun having.
Can't wait for it and I'm 3% Irish, 2% Scottish, so I shouldn't have big problems with Gaelic. ;-)

Drinking a Guinness right now, maybe it helps.

• Haha
Reactions: STWAdev

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm really loving the Camilla thirst , I knew that it would be a possibility but I've been hearing it more than I expected. Camilla and Meabh are some of my favourite characters to write, I always envision their relationship as a darker version of Aoife and Lyndie. Since it's not really relevant to the players story you probably won't get much of their past yet, but I'm thinking after I get my dedicated render rig I may do a small 100 render short story about Camilla.
That would be awesome she's a great character.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Not in this game alas, but in a future one both Meabh and her so far unseen daughters Caoimhe and Caoilainn (you poor bastards are gonna speak Gaelic fluently by the time I'm done with you.) will be ripe for fun having.
Ok, I have to ask, how in the HELL do you pronounce those daughters' names, lol?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: thorin0815

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
As a lesbian I can only tell people that think that to kindly fellate themselves.

That's impossible.

Some dialogue will gain points with some and lose them with others. It's legit impossible to flirt with them all.

The throuple route people talk about in the forums is the relationship with the MC, Aoife and Lyndie. It's one of the main routes.

Totally understand that.

I started the game trying to get on Kims route and thought the same when she went home with B.

Night was saved by awesome drunk Aoife but I put the brakes on Kims route until this update when I read all that and went back and did a Kim run.
Yea i am definately in agreement there, Aoife has definately been much better than I anticipated as i am typically as fond of that style of model, generally prefer more petite girls myself and honestly most the large breasted models in these games just dont feel realistic to me. But she was well done and her story is actually pretty good (all of are, but her stood out the most for going beyond my expectations)

Will probably do another run though to hit the Kimberly and Chris Routes up. Ironically i never had as much issue with Kim's side of that whole scene mostly because the dev had kinda set shown that was her nature. And the other aspects of her personality never bothered me as much as others I guess. Chris was the only one that put me off quite a bit initially as she seemed to have a crazy stalker vibe going, but then after all the explanations shit at the apartment i have better feeling for her as well

MattC94PL

Dec 11, 2018
Okay then... Chapter 4 put me on the Lyndie Path forever. She is just too flipping sweet, I love her. I will protect this shy, secretly kinky artist with my life!

I like the text improvement, although there were some grammar part that caught my eye. If you need somebody to fish for them, I volunteer!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Okay then... Chapter 4 put me on the Lyndie Path forever. She is just too flipping sweet, I love her. I will protect this shy, secretly kinky artist with my life!

I like the text improvement, although there were some grammar part that caught my eye. If you need somebody to fish for them, I volunteer!
It has been my experience that all games without a proofreader have at least some grammar issues. There are even some instances that a proofreader misses. But as long as it doesn't kill the mood while playing the game, I usually don't say anything.

Reactions: Walter Victor

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
So my special render set for patrons this month was palette swapping Lyndie and Aoife ie Bubbly blonde Lyndie and shy Aoife. Obviously I can't post the actual renders because that wouldn't be fair, but I did make just a basic little one for F95 because I think punk Aoife may be the hottest thing I've ever created. PaletteSwaptest.png

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
So my special render set for patrons this month was palette swapping Lyndie and Aoife ie Bubbly blonde Lyndie and shy Aoife. Obviously I can't post the actual renders because that wouldn't be fair, but I did make just a basic little one for F95 because I think punk Aoife may be the hottest thing I've ever created. View attachment 839280
Any scraps you deign to provide us freeloaders are greatly appreciated. ;)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
To me, we have 5 very gorgeous and sympathetic girls. And it looks like we have at least two more to come - hospital girl and Marie/Trixie (although I don't know if the latter will be all that sympathetic). Decisions ... decisions! :unsure:

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
To me, we have 5 very gorgeous and sympathetic girls. And it looks like we have at least two more to come - hospital girl and Marie/Trixie (although I don't know if the latter will be all that sympathetic). Decisions ... decisions! :unsure:
For clarifications sake I'll say there's only one more girl. Writing for seven might actually kill me. I had always envisioned the final girl as a late addition to be added at the whims of the patrons. As I wasn't sure who would be the actual girl I've put multiple scenarios in to setup everybody's potential appearance.

There were originally three potentials, but as I've discussed it with people it became clear that redeeming the evil ex was probably a fruitless cause. I ended up nixing her myself so it will come down to two girls. I'll be putting the poll up later today, I wanted to wait until the 1st so if anybody joins just for the poll they won't get double charged. I'll be posting more once everything is properly up but as has been correctly stated hospital girl is the first candidate and ever so cleverly Ava deduced that Aoifes' unseen rival who was mentioned briefly in part 3 was the second. Obviously there's more to both of those characters than we've seen, but that's something that has to wait until release for folks to find out.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
For clarifications sake I'll say there's only one more girl. Writing for seven might actually kill me. I had always envisioned the final girl as a late addition to be added at the whims of the patrons. As I wasn't sure who would be the actual girl I've put multiple scenarios in to setup everybody's potential appearance.

There were originally three potentials, but as I've discussed it with people it became clear that redeeming the evil ex was probably a fruitless cause. I ended up nixing her myself so it will come down to two girls. I'll be putting the poll up later today, I wanted to wait until the 1st so if anybody joins just for the poll they won't get double charged. I'll be posting more once everything is properly up but as has been correctly stated hospital girl is the first candidate and ever so cleverly Ava deduced that Aoifes' unseen rival who was mentioned briefly in part 3 was the second. Obviously there's more to both of those characters than we've seen, but that's something that has to wait until release for folks to find out.
As a non-Patron (yet), I have no say in the matter, but I'll say it anyway! ;)

First, I am glad that we don't have to consider the ex as an LI. Christine already fills that role for the MC perfectly. No need to complicate things there.

As for a choice between Hospital Girl and Aoife's Rival. Not having seen either of them, my choice is strongly for Hospital Girl. Aoife's Rival would tie in nicely with Aoife, but Hospital Girl ties in directly to the MC, which is more relevant to the game.

In other words, conflict involving the MC is more important than conflict involving Aoife. Aoife has enough rivals in the game already. But adding Hospital Girl would directly tie in the MC's backstory and his problems. I assume we are going to see her anyway, to provide continuity to the story. Adding her as a possible LI would be a bonus.

AAAGGH!!! I'm already confused about best girl! What am I saying?! :eek: :D

Please turn this into a harem game! Pretty, pretty please! ... No? Oookay! :cry:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Eh, I have to say I’d like a “none of the above” option and keep the LI list as is. The hospital girl should now require months of rehab (2 years in a coma isn’t beauty sleep) and romancing Aoife’s rival would destroy the friend group, no one should be cool with the MC going for her.

But, all that aside, the game already feels full and complicated (no matter my decisions I go home alone at the end of episode 4 - and I’ve played through from the beginning 3 times), I don’t want the attention and story diluted further just to fit two more people into the list.

Obviously my two cents, but the story as is needs to continue to progress and stop introducing potential fuck buddies...

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
no matter my decisions I go home alone at the end of episode 4 - and I’ve played through from the beginning 3 times
I had the same problem the first time I played. I was going after Lyndie and found that if you choose to agree to go with Aoife to the party instead of Chris you get more scenes with Lyndie and Aoife going to the party and you leave with them at the end as well.

It's something that bugged me since I only wanted to go after Lyndie but you kind of have to put up with Aiofe and lead her on which I didn't really like. I get that they are best friends but it seems like you are stuck with Aoife for now if you want to go after Lyndie.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I had the same problem the first time I played. I was going after Lyndie and found that if you choose to agree to go with Aoife to the party instead of Chris you get more scenes with Lyndie and Aoife going to the party and you leave with them at the end as well.

It's something that bugged me since I only wanted to go after Lyndie but you kind of have to put up with Aiofe and lead her on which I didn't really like. I get that they are best friends but it seems like you are stuck with Aoife for now if you want to go after Lyndie.
I tried throuple and left alone, I tried Chris and left alone, and then in a fit of pique chose no one so that leaving alone made sense (though the MC still lists options he doesn’t have before leaving alone). I think the point totals/decisions are too finally set and don’t match the dialogue/scenes at some points. If the player isn’t pursuing Aoife or Lyndie why are they spending so much time with them and not B, Kimmy, or Chris? Why is the MC being interrogated by mommy dearest if the relationship is purely platonic? Just frustrating to make decisions I thought would further relationships only to realize I missed one and the MC doesn’t have a love interest after all. Eh, probably for the best as I expect more drama to happen.

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I tried throuple and left alone, I tried Chris and left alone, and then in a fit of pique chose no one so that leaving alone made sense (though the MC still lists options he doesn’t have before leaving alone). I think the point totals/decisions are too finally set and don’t match the dialogue/scenes at some points. If the player isn’t pursuing Aoife or Lyndie why are they spending so much time with them and not B, Kimmy, or Chris? Why is the MC being interrogated by mommy dearest if the relationship is purely platonic? Just frustrating to make decisions I thought would further relationships only to realize I missed one and the MC doesn’t have a love interest after all. Eh, probably for the best as I expect more drama to happen.
Yeah I get what you mean. I mentioned it in my first post after the update that I was doing a Lyndie only play through and it kind of bugged me that you can't tell Aoife's mum that you have no feelings for her.

I ignored Aoife as much as possible and barely spent any time with her but the fact I still have to meet her mum doesn't make sense but I suppose it would be a massive effort to have so many choices so I just kind of accept it since I like the writing so much.

You could try the walkthough mod just to get an idea what choices give you points to see what you missed it's been updated for the latest version.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah I get what you mean. I mentioned it in my first post after the update that I was doing a Lyndie only play through and it kind of bugged me that you can't tell Aoife's mum that you have no feelings for her.

I ignored Aoife as much as possible and barely spent any time with her but the fact I still have to meet her mum doesn't make sense but I suppose it would be a massive effort to have so many choices so I just kind of accept it since I like the writing so much.

You could try the walkthough mod just to get an idea what choices give you points to see what you missed it's been updated for the latest version.
Yeah, I hate using walkthroughs because I try to play where I make the decisions based on what I would do or say in the situations presented to me. I try to imagine being the character and responding in that manner. Using a walkthrough just makes me a point whore (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Reactions: Rinbael
4.50 star(s) 124 Votes