VN Ren'Py Completed Something to Write About: The Author [Ch. 7.1] [STWAdev]

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Well, I am certainly interested in seeing it... Just was worried about the inclusion of the rival and exclusion of the ex because some people may not want to be dragged into Aoife's drama. Since people can choose who they romance the fact that they are "forced" to deal with whatever happens between her and the rival may frustrate that contingent who are just friends with her. I mean, barring time jumps, the MC has known these girls for a couple weeks at this point, right?

Anyway, I don't want to seem like I am forcing my point of view on you or saying that not including her is terrible. Just disappointed we won't have the satisfaction of confronting her. Obviously looking forward to this and all of your stories.
That is a valid concern, it always help me as a creator to see things like that which remind me that while I know every angle of every character the players don't. Interesting enough while she was Aoife's rival, she actually was going to spark more of a fight with somebody else, but I think where I have her relegated now should be enough to interest without interfering.

And for clarity sake you're basically correct on the timeline. Kim has been his assistant for approximately a month. He's been teaching Aoife for about two but only started engaging since the first release Lyndie and B are the same minus the teaching and Chris of course he's known for about 20 years.

And I don't feel forced at all, I value discussion and have a lot of fun with it, nobody has made disparaging comments about my mother or ancestry yet so I count this as a fine discussion. Also I do want you to know that the next game will have not one but TWO proper redheads to make up for my grievous failure this time about.

I'm not too worried. She was a selfish cunt. Good riddance to bad rubbish! *wipe hands clean*

For what it's worth, he's better off with any of his current possibilities, even Kimmie. (She's fucked in the head, but at least she tries to be kind...)
She's a very damaged little Gremlin, but you're right she tries her best.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That is a valid concern, it always help me as a creator to see things like that which remind me that while I know every angle of every character the players don't. Interesting enough while she was Aoife's rival, she actually was going to spark more of a fight with somebody else, but I think where I have her relegated now should be enough to interest without interfering.
That's good. I suppose as someone who loves stories, especially stories with choices, I just like to advocate for more of everything in terms of story. I'd play this game even if there was no lewd content as I want to know what happens next.

And for clarity sake you're basically correct on the timeline. Kim has been his assistant for approximately a month. He's been teaching Aoife for about two but only started engaging since the first release Lyndie and B are the same minus the teaching and Chris of course he's known for about 20 years.
Oh good, I know some people can develop strong connections quickly (I'm not one of them) but I understand that some people feel drawn to each other immediately.

And I don't feel forced at all, I value discussion and have a lot of fun with it, nobody has made disparaging comments about my mother or ancestry yet so I count this as a fine discussion. Also I do want you to know that the next game will have not one but TWO proper redheads to make up for my grievous failure this time about.
Thank you, I was chased out of a thread for discussing the story and not pining for the women in the game. I don't want you to think I am trying to convince you of anything. Just thought I should let you know some of my concerns.

And I will hold you to the two redheads... If at all possible could one of them have curly red hair and freckles with blue eyes? If possible? It would be a bonus if she was a goth/emo chick.

She's a very damaged little Gremlin, but you're right she tries her best.
I like all of the characters, even the crazy Gremlins...

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Oh good, I know some people can develop strong connections quickly (I'm not one of them) but I understand that some people feel drawn to each other immediately.
Agreed, that's one of the difficulties with creating a shorter story but also not having massive timeskips to supplement relationship building. There will be a few jumps nearing the end, but hopefully nothing jarring.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android [Ch. 4.1] APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: gaimariy
Oct 26, 2019
I've just gotten started with this one, so I've skipped the discussion in the thread as it seems to be sort of spoiler-heavy, but I just wanted to chime in and say that the writing in this one has really grabbed me already. A lot of the games I play from here, the plot is sort of ancillary (and that's fine, no shame in the quick and dirty) but with this one, I'm really looking forward to seeing what these characters are up to and where they're going to go.

Reactions: STWAdev

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I've just gotten started with this one, so I've skipped the discussion in the thread as it seems to be sort of spoiler-heavy, but I just wanted to chime in and say that the writing in this one has really grabbed me already. A lot of the games I play from here, the plot is sort of ancillary (and that's fine, no shame in the quick and dirty) but with this one, I'm really looking forward to seeing what these characters are up to and where they're going to go.
Welcome along and enjoy the ride, 2 more VN's to follow set in the same world from different MC's perspectives to follow after this one. Totally agree, excellent writing, I'm personally always for story first ahead of lewd.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
STWAdev amazing game,interesting storyline ,characthers hot girls especially Aoife :love: and her mother:palso Kim is very interesting and im very curious about Marie :unsure:;)keep the good job and thx (y)

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
STWAdev amazing game,interesting storyline ,characthers hot girls especially Aoife :love: and her mother:palso Kim is very interesting and im very curious about Marie :unsure:;)keep the good job and thx (y)
Aoife is seriously hot but Lyndie is almost as hot and much prettier. Though I love the throuple cause those are the two best girls in the game.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Aoife is seriously hot but Lyndie is almost as hot and much prettier. Though I love the throuple cause those are the two best girls in the game.
The throuple is my #1 priority as well. With/despite Beatrix' unsurprising admission at the end - she reminds me a ton of Chris from Superheros Suck - I'd love to make it a foursome. I mean, honestly, I like all the girls and would love to add Kim and Chris to the full-on harem but it doesn't really seem the points system and branching will play out that way so I'm not holding out any hope for that. Love the story, very well written and engaging.

One last thing - I'd like to take Marie to that bridge and... probably end up in jail. Or just tell her to fuck the fuck off. Forever.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
The throuple is my #1 priority as well. With/despite Beatrix' unsurprising admission at the end - she reminds me a ton of Chris from Superheros Suck - I'd love to make it a foursome. I mean, honestly, I like all the girls and would love to add Kim and Chris to the full-on harem but it doesn't really seem the points system and branching will play out that way so I'm not holding out any hope for that. Love the story, very well written and engaging.

One last thing - I'd like to take Marie to that bridge and... probably end up in jail. Or just tell her to fuck the fuck off. Forever.
Poor Marie, she's just a girl with a lot of love, and she needed to give it to people... a lot of people.

The throuple does seem to be the most liked route, when everything is all said and done I don't expect that to change. I will be interested who ends up being the least popular, initial reports led me to believe it would be Kim, but as time has passed she's had a bit of a resurgence. I have a suspicion, but we'll see what happens.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Poor Marie, she's just a girl with a lot of love, and she needed to give it to people... a lot of people.

The throuple does seem to be the most liked route, when everything is all said and done I don't expect that to change. I will be interested who ends up being the least popular, initial reports led me to believe it would be Kim, but as time has passed she's had a bit of a resurgence. I have a suspicion, but we'll see what happens.
Hmm... Honestly my preferred routes are: Chris, Lyndie, Kimmie, everything else, Throuple, Aoife. I like Aoife and the throuple is cute but I find the entire "princess of Hollywood" thing to be an exhausting idea. Always in the spotlight, etc. Chris is preferred because I think marrying your best friend is awesome, Lyndie is sexy, Kimmie is as broken as the MC... People just hate having to make a choice and so the throuple makes it easier to not have to choose.

STWAdev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2020
Hmm... Honestly my preferred routes are: Chris, Lyndie, Kimmie, everything else, Throuple, Aoife. I like Aoife and the throuple is cute but I find the entire "princess of Hollywood" thing to be an exhausting idea. Always in the spotlight, etc. Chris is preferred because I think marrying your best friend is awesome, Lyndie is sexy, Kimmie is as broken as the MC... People just hate having to make a choice and so the throuple makes it easier to not have to choose.
Yep, being famous is definitely a double edge sword for Aoife, some people love that idea and some hate it. I think once everything is finished I'll have to run an official poll on best route, just out of curiosity. As the dev I'm not allowed to have one I like the most, might come off biased so I have to live through everybody else.

Reactions: Ghostly

erkper

May 16, 2018
My preference for the throuple is about anything but not having to choose. It seems much more in character to me for Lyndie to develop as a sexual being in the comfort zone of sharing with her BFF(s), she is presented as so isolated that to be believable it would almost have to be sharing with Aoife and/or Beatrix would be the only way her romance could progress at anything other than a snail's pace. I do agree about the concept of dating Paris Hilton. But Aoife seems to be doing a pretty fair job of resisting the stereotype her mother would push on her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My preference for the throuple is about anything but not having to choose. It seems much more in character to me for Lyndie to develop as a sexual being in the comfort zone of sharing with her BFF(s), she is presented as so isolated that to be believable it would almost have to be sharing with Aoife and/or Beatrix would be the only way her romance could progress at anything other than a snail's pace. I do agree about the concept of dating Paris Hilton. But Aoife seems to be doing a pretty fair job of resisting the stereotype her mother would push on her.
Eh, I disagree... I feel like Lyndie starts coming out of her shell when she's with the MC. I think that if the MC wasn't her favorite all time author it may be as slow as molasses but she really wants to please him. You essentially get the same content either way but I feel like the alone time with the MC is more intimate than the throuple. She starts to trust her idol.

And yeah, though Aoife is much hotter and smarter than Paris Hilton I can't see the MC wanting to be in a relationship with someone who drags him to black tie affairs and has to please dear old mommy, etc.

Still have plenty of story to unwrap so I could be way off base... LOL

Reactions: erkper and Maviarab

erkper

May 16, 2018
Eh, I disagree... I feel like Lyndie starts coming out of her shell when she's with the MC. I think that if the MC wasn't her favorite all time author it may be as slow as molasses but she really wants to please him. You essentially get the same content either way but I feel like the alone time with the MC is more intimate than the throuple. She starts to trust her idol.

And yeah, though Aoife is much hotter and smarter than Paris Hilton I can't see the MC wanting to be in a relationship with someone who drags him to black tie affairs and has to please dear old mommy, etc.

Still have plenty of story to unwrap so I could be way off base... LOL
You bring up good points. Agree to disagree about Lyndie.

Aoife has dragged MC to exactly one black tie affair, which is an annual event she hated to have to inflict on him (but, in some grand universal coincidence, he would have gone to anyways, haha) and she certainly didn't feel ANY need to please dear old mommy before, during, or immediately after.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You bring up good points. Agree to disagree about Lyndie.

Aoife has dragged MC to exactly one black tie affair, which is an annual event she hated to have to inflict on him (but, in some grand universal coincidence, he would have gone to anyways, haha) and she certainly didn't feel ANY need to please dear old mommy before, during, or immediately after.
Which he also very clearly states he doesn't want to go to said event for his own thing. He went purely as a favour (originally).

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes